The Vybz Kartel Case

Elementalism

I'm not even surprised coz when I was in JA a few weeks back they was talk of footage of the murder but most were dismissing it like nah, he & his ppl can't be that dumb. His too smart, his gonna beat the charge, he'll drop some p on the powers that be & buss case.

Most were convinced one of his ppl present would eat the charge.

/

VK has some serious die hard fans tho. The way certain ppl were backing him was shocking to say the least.

He will not beat this case Goddaz. Trust.

Jamaica cannot afford to let it happen, it is too high-profile. They have the Flying Squad on it and advanced investigative techniques. They're going to triangulate his position using his Blackberry and tie him down good and proper. No P will sort this one for him, he knows it too.

He is so smart he's stupid. He recorded the killing so that he could manipulate the people who were involved, it's been something people have said he's done for years. He did it with Gaza Kim, so she couldn't run away after he beat her, as he had compromising video. My man was reading the 48 Laws of Power and becoming a snake, coupled with The Art of War, Machiavelli's The Prince...etc. He's manipulatively smart, but it will be his undoing.

The way he talks about killing people you'd think Jamaica was just body central. He used to keep links with certain badman from Spanish Town to back his ting, but he fucked them around and they became mixed up in his everyday musical/road fuckeries to the point where he was basically a don himself.

He let it get to his head and now he's gone, gone, gone. Gaza sunk like a ship.

He does not have the influence to get out of this situation, the one or two likkle police guys he used to payroll for security are only local squaddies, hitmen at best. He doesn't have that kinda sway, believe.

:lol:

Why are you schooling me on VK bruh? I was NOT saying he would beat the case, far from. I was merely saying that's what ppl were saying would probably happen. His die hard fans/ppl.

I know the guys history from my own reading but more from ppl I met recently who used to or still are part of his crew. I've been to Spain Town & some Garrisions, recorded at some studios there & around Kingston is therefore fully aware of VK antics from old to new.

100% C/sign.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

He can't pay his way out, he's so so pissed :lol:

From The Gleaner:

If you're a fan of serious columnists such as Ian Boyne, Martin Henry and others, then put down the paper and step away. Immediately. You will consider this piece utter rubbish. But it's good to lighten up a bit, occasionally (no pun intended).

I'm a trained lawyer (except at family gatherings when Uncle Rupert wants to know if he'll have to split his Dennis Brown collection with Auntie P when they divorce, in which case, I'm merely a writer). While my focus was always on corporate matters, I did have a few opportunities in law school to play out my Perry Mason fantasies.

I interned at the Washington, DC, Public Defender's Office and the Atlanta District Attorney's Office. At trial, I successfully represented a Salvadorian family against a DC slumlord (Johnnie Cochran would have been proud). As such, I am declaring myself qualified to, at least in this column, both prosecute and defend embattled deejay Vybz Kartel, who is accused of marijuana possession and involvement in two murders. Below are my fictional legal examinations of Kartel. His words - consisting of his actual song lyrics - appear italicised.

The Prosecution

Can you please state your name for the record?

Me? Michael 'Cake Soap' Jackson.

Occupation?

Teacher.

Residence?

Gaza.

By Gaza, I imagine you mean Portmore. Why do you refer to Portmore as Gaza?

Portmore have the 'Haskella' weh mek big man bawl like Angela.

What is this 'Haskella' you speak of?

Tall rifle, tall handgun.

Have you ever owned or possessed any of these "tall rifles and handguns"?

Mi full ah gun pon the Gaza.

What sort of guns?

Tec, Ruger, Luger, Bryco, Beretta, Calico, Smith & Wesson, Heckler and Koch, Ingram, 14, M-16, plus mi Lorcin.

Any others?

Mi have a 12-gauge weh name Chester, buss up yu chest, sir, nozzle of the gun alone long like a dresser.

And how did you come to possess these guns?

Me get my rifle from US of A.

Have you ever used these rifles?

From school days we a shot man.

Are you a licensed firearm holder?

Mi buss mi gun without licence, shot bite off boy ears like Tyson.

It sounds as though you're a deejay by day and a gunman by night, no?

Mi murder people inna broad daylight.

Are you not afraid of being caught?

Mi buss mi gun dem anywhere you diss mi, sir, in front of the officer, bullet a turn them over, right in front the soldier.

Concerning the current charges, for what reason would you put your career on the line like this?

Mi shoot without a reason.

But what's the purpose?

Kill them all and done.

But why?

I'm evil.

The police have reportedly collected video, audio, and eyewitness evidence of your involvement in these crimes in Havendale and Portmore. How do you respond?

Straight jeans and fitted, inna white T-shirt we did it ... uptown, uptown same so we do it, we do it in Portmore.

Mr Kartel, you've made some very damaging statements.

Mi never mean to, please believe mi.

The prosecution rests.

Weh yu a run go? Mi just start up.

No further questions.

The bwoy run like a wounded dog, bruk Usain record.

The Defence

Sir, are you capable of taking a life?

No, no, no, no, no, life sweet.

Where were you at the time of the alleged murders?

Inna mi 'rampin shop'.

You're at the height of your music career. Would you be so stupid to get yourself arrested?

Mi nuh have time fi nuh jail time that a waste time, mind pon mi money and mi money pon mi mind.

I see. And what about the marijuana charges against you?

First thing mi do when mi wake up, burn a high-grade fi mi nerves first.

You mean you smoke marijuana for medicinal purposes?

Mi smoke trees 'til mi eyes bleed.

Where do you get this medicinal marijuana?

Straight from west on a town bus.

Do you have anything else to add?

A weh yu get da new Clarks deh, Dawdy?"

Sir, that's inappropriate, and not even your line in the song.

Oh!

One final question to the parents of Jamaica: Do you know who (or what) is influencing your children? These are the lyrics that penetrate their fragile minds daily. And in a country that has witnessed 15,000 of its citizens - including 1,500 children - murdered in a single decade, that's certainly no laughing matter.

The Jamaican police were patiently waiting for this one. They've given him a long piece of rope and he's hung himself! No getting out of this one for him IMO. Don't wish prison on most people, but this man seems too wicked.

Who will take vybz kartel place?

I'm not deep into dancehall/bashment, but I listen to vybz kartel.

Aidonia.

Possibly Popcaan as he will carry on milking Gaza, and will need money to buy cake soap to smuggle in for Di Bleacha. Man is so happs now, he can finally start travelling the world on his own :lol:

Mavado >>>

Nuff new artists will come up now though, watch. Vybz was beating out the music for the past few years hard, he was a constant feature and his life became more and more intriguing - took the spotlight off a lot of other man.

the amount of tunes he records per month. work rate was intense.

he might be a prick (i dont really know) but his absence will leave a void in the scene imo.

i dont really know anyone else who has his particular style.

/

so right now they got:

drug related charges

firearms possesion

2 murders pinned on him (+ WITH mobile phone video evidence)

and now another 5 murders

lol feck mehn. his face when he got the news the another 5 has been added, musta been PRICELESS.

oh and he already tried to pay his way out but got caught, lol. Karma has got back to him DIFFERENTLY.

Vybz Kartel tried to buy out murder case?

Two days after reports surfaced that several police officers acted corruptly in the murder case against internationally acclaimed deejay, Vybz Kartel, now speculation emerges that “Di Teacha” tried to buy out the case through destroying evidence.

According to reports, Kartel allegedly paid police officers JA$4 million to destroy evidence in the murder case against him in an effort to avoid serious prison time. It was announced by the prosecution in the case at a hearing at the Corporate Area Resident Magistrates Court two weeks ago that they possess video and audio evidence implicating Kartel and others accused of killing Clive “Lizard” Williams in August. The alleged evidence shows Kartel, Portmore Empire protégé, Shawn Storm, designer/booking agent, Calvin “Moonie” Haye and Cayro Jones taking part in the murder of Williams, a dancer from Waterford, St. Catherine. Law enforcement officials confirmed that Williams was beaten and stabbed to death with his body yet to be found.

On Wednesday, a source told online magazine, Urban Islandz, that the alleged attempt to buy out the case took place during an exchange between a police officer and one of Kartel’s relatives. On Monday, it was revealed that six police officers in the Kartel case could face corruption charges after the exchange between Kartel’s relative and a law enforcement official was caught on tape. Furthermore, another monetary exchange allegedly took place between said officer and a suspect in the Kartel case, who was allowed to visit the self-proclaimed “Worl’ Boss” without police supervision. No comment has been made regarding these latest allegations.

Kartel was initially arrested on September 29 at a New Kingston hotel where a small quantity of marijuana was found. On October 3, Kartel was charged with murder, conspiracy to murder and illegal possession of a firearm in the killing of Barrington “Bossie” Burton, a St. Catherine based promoter and businessman. Three weeks later, Kartel was hit with another murder charge in relation to the killing of Williams.

Kartel's next court appearance has been scheduled for December 2 when another bail application will be made.

Who will take vybz kartel place?

I'm not deep into dancehall/bashment, but I listen to vybz kartel.

Aidonia.

:/ not sure if serious. I rate didi as a lyricist but he cannot build a tune for shit. Any mix tape DJ. Plus his stage performances are awful.

Movado Was and still is the best artist in Jamaica.

IMO the scene will evolve for the better without kartel. Hopefully will see a resurgence of riddim based hits (stephen & daseca?) as opposed to this endless cycle of kartel, popcaan, and Russian tunes

• 2 weeks later...

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK if this is true!!!!

http://thehypelifemag.com/2011/11/30/breaking-news-vybz-kartel-escaped-from-prison-now-listed-as-jamaicas-most-wanted/

In the biggest prison escape in Jamaica history, on 30 November 2011 in Jamaica, at Horizon Adult Remand Centre on Spanish Town Road, its alleged that Dancehall star Vybz Kartel, who had been charged of offenses including several murders and ganja possession, escaped from the prison along with 7 other prisoners.

One prison officer died of a heart attack as a result of the escape and twelve others were injured, including two who were shot with guns that had been smuggled into the prison.

Shortly after 1:00 am, Vybz Kartel, whose given name is Adidja Palmer, took control of the jail holding the prison guards hostage at gunpoint. Some of the prisoners took the guards clothing and car keys in order to help with their escape.

The group of prisoners also impersonated prison officers on the phone and created false stories to ward off suspicion from authorities

The Police gave chase resulting in the capture of one of the prisoners.

At about 1:45 am, they eventually made their way to the prison maintenance pickup-truck which they used to escape from the prison ground.

The escape occurred during the slowest period of the night when there would be less surveillance of certain locations like the maintenance area.

News in the street is that the Force Commissioner, who heads the Criminal Investigations Branch, said that the artiste and the other escapees are now on the run and are listed as “Jamaica’s most wanted criminals.”

6429637703_b88ce263f8_o.jpg

Palmer, who has been in custody since October 1, has been charged with murder, conspiracy to commit murder, and illegal possession of firearm arising from the death of Barrington Burton, a St Catherine businessman/promoter. Burton was shot and killed while standing with friends in Gregory Park, St Catherine, in July.

Also, Kartel along with fellow Portmore Empire artiste, Shawn Storm, his designer/booking agent, Calvin “Moonie” Haye and Cayro Jones appeared simultaneously in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrates Court. Each of the men was charged with murder in relation to the killing of Clive “Lizard” Williams in Havendale, St. Andrew this past August.

Persons seeing or knowing the whereabouts of any of the escapees including the deejay are asked to contact detectives at the Spanish Town Police Station, Kingfish at 811, Crime Stop at 311 or Police Control at 119.