How Long Until The Premiership Seeks Another Champions League Place?

Mame Biram Diouf

Surely it is only a matter of time?

I know it adds to competition but right now we have 6 quality teams now, Scotland having 2 places is just a waste (yes I know they only got one this year, but it will be two again next year).

Europe is about the best teams, I see the argument for both sides but I would be for the EPL getting another place but obviously due to our hate with Uefa I doubt it will ever happen

Whats your thoughts?

We had 3 clubs, then 1 club got Russian money, another club spent & gambled a bit and got there, and then another club got Sheikh money.

You could argue that while another spot could make it easier for say Arsenal, who could continue to achieve year after year Champions League football, but never actually when the league or anything. A fifth spot might make one of two other teams (that just see top 4 as impossible) spend a little bit bigger and gamble a bit more and make the league even stronger, it may even invite another billionaire to buy ones of those teams that circle around the top.

Not that UEFA would want a stronger English league anyway...

• Downvote 2