Being A House Husband

Mame Biram Diouf

Obviously in this day and age women are earning more and more money and becoming more career focused.

If it came down to it and your and your wife dropped a yout but her salary was around the 50k mark and you was on the 25k mark would you sacrifice your ''manhood'' to stay at home clean, cook etc or would you rather miss out on the extra 15k for pride sake?

Discuss

Guest Portuguese

You lot not heard of that thing called capitalism?

So you move to someone and find out she is working in some sick law firm, your not going to get the number incase you catch feelings and feel subordinate?

By the time she is my wife she has quit her job hence why she is called my wife

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

would love to jam at home all day drinking tea and playing FM whilst having sky sports news on in the background constant.

*wait* I already do B)

but on a real as much as i would love for my girl to bring home the halal sausages my ego and paranoia will never allow it

instead im going to marry into a rich white family and take daddies money to set up my own multi million pound organisation

• Upvote 5

id like to be doing somethin where money difference wouldnt be a prob if i was earnin 50 nd her 60-70 wouldnt be a biggie.

So you move to someone and find out she is working in some sick law firm, your not going to get the number incase you catch feelings and feel subordinate?

lol thats jus stupid but down the line money would likely cause some problems

i would do it for a short period . to rethink what i want to do with my career. spending time with my kid is a bonus, but the wife should understand that though she earns the most i run this house, that money is coming in our joint account.

now that i think about fuck it , i will refuse , cleaning, cooking rising our kid , married u ass to do that

i don't know men :/^):mellow:

• Downvote 1

As a man & ruler of my household I will always do what works for my family even if it means sacrificing a part of my 'manhood' to my wife & mother of my children.

I think people are letting their ego, pride, selfishness & society's expectations dictate how their relationship is run in the instance described in the op.

/

:lol:

Some ppl are going on like they never ordinarily cook, clean or look after their kid(s) on a normal day, surely you can do it abit more nah

• Upvote 5

its really down to the man. My mum comes from a rich family, my dad "was no where near her level" according to her family

even though there was a family business he was given the cold shoulder, so he ventured on his own

but was home alot during that time, after a string of failed businesses he finally began to make headway

but yeah, that kind of time could make or break a man. i cant remember much now but i know enough to know it was tough

and he had to just bite his tounge many times.

i think even if the woman is 100% supportive, that male ego will still create friction that doesnt have to be there

talkless of if she isnt supportive. then friends and family will also be talking