MONEY PENNY = NAOMIE HARRIS

Goddaz

article-2057208-0EA6AFF600000578-334_468x1083.jpg

naomie_harris.jpg

Playing rebooted characters is doubtlessly intimidating—in the Bond universe, there is nary a role that can be cast without an upsurge of “Are you kidding me?!”s. But I have a very good feeling about Naomie Harris as Moneypenny in the upcoming Bond 23, directed by Sam Mendes. As previously speculated, the actress has recently been confirmed to take on the role in the 2012 installment opposite Daniel Craig.

Harris is a great pick because she’s exceptionally versatile. She doesn’t rely on a resonant persona, but instead seamlessly becomes her roles. I guess that’s the whole point of acting—but how many performers today can you say that about? Harris’ most famous work would probably be 28 Days Later and the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, in which she excelled.

Moneypenny, name alone, ranks high among beloved Bond characters. The role was immortalized by Lois Maxwell, who played Miss Moneypenny in fifteen different Bond films, over a twenty-three year span. That’s the kind of thing that really does a number on your sense of identity.

Source: DailyMail

/

Moneypenny 2011: First black actress to get role was brought up by single mother and bullied at her London school

:/