Kevin Prince Boateng quits international Football

Lenny

Guest Portuguese

Divorce Disaster Strikes Kevin Prince Boateng

Ghanaian and AC Milan midfielder Kevin Prince Boateng has divorced his wife Jennifer after four years marriage.

The revelation shows the emotional crisis in the life of the controversial player which might have contributed to his decision to quit the Black Stars.

Boateng, who is now a hated figure in Ghana football for his decision to quit the Black Stars, slapped his wife with the divorce after an argument three months ago, it has emerged.

The pair had dated for four years before they got married four years ago but their eight years of being together could not save their marriage.

Boateng vacated their house in Milan waiting for Jennifer to quit before he returned to live alone.

The beautiful German girl fled with their son Jermaine to Berlin to live with her mum.

Boateng revealed his decision to divorce his wife saying he only misses his son Jermaine.

“A few months ago. We had some arguments, I looked at my wife and I said: ‘It’s over, right?,” Boateng said.

“‘It’s over. ‘I packed my bag and after eight years together, I was living in a hotel.”

Despite leaving his wife, Boateng says he misses his son Jermaine.

“Some evenings I come back from training. I’m here alone in my new house and I think: if Jermaine was here, he would run up to me and bring me out into the garden, pulling my shirt, to play football with him.”

Since the divorce, Boateng has cut a furlong figure which might have led to some angry and rash decisions.

His decision to quit the Ghana national team came few weeks after Jennifer and their son Jermaine left Milan for Berlin where they currently live.

Since Jennifer left to live with her mother in Berlin, Boateng has taken to partying at clubs in Milan for long hours which has drawn massive criticism from the Italian media.

His partying ways has also drawn criticism from AC Milan coach who is unhappy that his late night can affect his performance.

If some stability returns to his life, Boateng might take the decision to return to the Black Stars.

Meanwhile lots of Ghanaian girls will be happy over this news as they will be eyeing to fill the position vacated by Jennifer.

When Boateng made his first journey to Ghana after the 2010 World Cup in South Africa many girls threw themselves at him.

The midfielder openly resisted the temptation insisting he is committed to his wife.

Now with the position vacant, Boateng can help himself to the thousands of potential candidates.

Some parents will not resist the chance of introducing their daughters to the midfielder as they did to Junior Agogo at the 2008 Africa Cup of Nations.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest chap44uns

24 February 2012 Last updated at 16:36