Ludacris

iam_the_akay

ludacris mixtape

should be good

dunno if i'm late with this or not...

Luda taps Big K.R.I.T., Waka Flocka Flame, 2 Chainz, Gucci Mane, Rick Ross and more for the mixtape.

Ludacris has unveiled the tracklist and cover art for his upcoming mixtape 1.21 Gigawatts: Back to the First Time, due November 15th.

The tape features guest appearances by Waka Flocka Flame, Meek Mill, 2 Chainz, Rick Ross, Gucci Mane, Big K.R.I.T. and Wiz Khalifa. On the production tip, Luda enlists Tone Mason, M 16, FK, Drugs, Wonder, Juicy J, Drumma Boy, Fat Boi, Mike Will and Big K.R.I.T.

ludacover21.jpg

tracklist

1. Intro (prod. by Tone Mason)

2. Save It For Another Day (prod. by M 16)

3. Rich and Flexin feat. Waka Flocka Flame (prod. by FK)

4. Muthafucka Can You Buy That (prod. by Drugs)

5. History Lesson (Skit)

6. Badaboom (prod. by Wonder)

7. Say It to My Face feat. Meek Mill (prod. by Juicy J)

8. I Ain’t the One feat. 2 Chainz (prod. by Fat Boi)

9. Shake n Fries feat. Gucci Mane (prod. by Fat Boi)

10. Do Something Strange feat. Rick Ross (prod. by Drumma Boy)

11. I’m On Fire feat. Big K.R.I.T. (prod. by Mike Will)

12. What You Smoking On feat. Wiz Khalifa (prod. by Big K.R.I.T.)

ludatracklist.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hear Ludacris Diss Drake and Big Sean On "Bada Boom"

1781-ludacris-album-ludaversal-release-late-2011.jpg

You know, Ludacris is one of my favorite rappers in the game and seemingly one who doesn't cause much trouble. So to come at Drake and Big Sean the way that he is, you'd figure he must have a good reason. And he certainly does.

Cris.

Ludacris reads more than you know, so when Drake and Big Sean came along claiming hashtag rap (a line that leads to a punchline phrase at the end of the sentence), they were quick to deny others the right to use it, for some strange reason. Here's Drake in an interview with AllHipHop:

"Well, that flow has been killed by so many rappers. And, I never want to use that flow again in life. [Laughs] I wanted to take if off my album, because I was like, 'I shut 'em down. Onyx.' I hate the fact that that rhyme is still in there. To be honest, that flow, you can trace it back to like...I trace it back to Big Sean (artist on Kanye West's G.O.O.D. Music). That's the first guy I heard utilize that flow throughout the duration of a verse. I'll give him that credit. I think Kanye got it from him. Me and Wayne found a dope way to do it. I don't want to sound cocky, but the best way its been used was on "Forever." Those lines just all individually make so much sense. They're all punchlines. Then a bunch of rappers started doing it and using the most terrible references in the world. I don't want to offend somebody...I hate that rappers picked that flow up. I wish they had left that for people that know how to use it. [They go like] "It's a parade! MACY'S!" [source]

That Macy's line was used by none other than Ludacris on his single "My Chick Bad", a direct blow to the southern rapper. Meanwhile, Big Sean had this to say about supposedly creating this new style of rap:

"With the super duper flow, I created that one word rhyme style," Big Sean said in an interview. "Drake really made it more popular, but Drake gave me the credit and was like, 'I really got that from Big Sean.' I think some artists just did it so wack man. Every time I say names I get in trouble and it's like I'm dissing, but some people used it wack. Don't get it wrong I'm not trying to dis Ludacris or nothing. He's a great MC. But even though that style got so overused, there was a lot of people who did it great and there was a lot of people who didn't do it so great. People always ask me was you mad that people took that style from you. I'm like, 'Nah, that went and shows me how far I can go as an artist.' I feel like I changed hip-hop. I haven't even dropped an album yet. So that goes to show me how powerful my mind is.'" [source]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jejaIqTfuQ&feature=player_embedded

So presented without comment, here's Ludacris fighting back on "History Lesson/Baba Boom":

Thoughts? Did Luda kill the track or do Drake and Big Sean still have a point? Comment below!

fuck luda

guy spits about nothing

not interested

pmsl

you're proper feeling the Drake album

no bruv. i said 2 comments saying drakes album is cool and your trying it.

i've been put off luda ages ago. hes flow has always been on point, i just find that the guy just spits about nothing interesting generally.

i know this is a old song but this a example:

im so hood remix:

I'm so hood that Ludacris should have been on the original version

But this is the remix

With the cheap tricks

Hitting sweet licks

And I cut the braids off with the waves and the fade that will make you sea sick

its just random rhymes, it dont interest me.

fuck luda

guy spits about nothing

not interested

pmsl

you're proper feeling the Drake album

no bruv. i said 2 comments saying drakes album is cool and your trying it.

i've been put off luda ages ago. hes flow has always been on point, i just find that the guy just spits about nothing interesting generally.

i know this is a old song but this a example:

im so hood remix:

I'm so hood that Ludacris should have been on the original version

But this is the remix

With the cheap tricks

Hitting sweet licks

And I cut the braids off with the waves and the fade that will make you sea sick

its just random rhymes, it dont interest me.

You can pretty much interchange Drake's verses off most of his tracks and they bear the same relevance to the title of the tune, he doesn't really use concepts he just spits.

When it comes to concepts

Luda >>>> Drake

I been listening to Luda since he first dropped. Drake needs to pipe down, Luda would kill him. People saying he's soft come on, that's like saying just coz years have gone past now Jay Z has gone soft.

NO. Jigga will still kill off any rapper's career. Let's not be silly now. Silly silly Drake, I hope he responds and Luda schools him.