David Villa's Time Up At Barcelona?

Mame Biram Diouf

David-Villa-Best-Soccer-Players.jpg

He is 30 in December, january/next summer will be the last chance to cash in on him

Apparently him and Messi are not getting on at the moment

Barcelona also have a couple more sick youngers coming through and obviously have Sanchez and don't really need a striker anymore with Pedo, Messi starting and Iniesta or Sanchez on the other side with Fab, Xavi, Sergio in the middle

I would have taken him 3 years ago but not now, he has said he wouldn't come to England but if the money is right I dont see him saying no.

Would be a sick signing for an Italian team, that league needs all the quality it can get.

Man City are also reported to interested (makes sense if he replaces Tevez), and Chelsea aswel but don't see him joining with Torres there...

Would you take him? Do you think he is still ''that guy''?

Could still do a very sick job for pretty much any team.

I think people need to remember that world class forwards especially need to have a team either built around them or a team that caters to them.

Villa didn't really have that at Barca, he seemed to be a very direct player at valencia and then had to adapt his game to Barca's way. Barca don't cater to anyone but Messi which is completely understandable so Considering that I still think he did pretty well there.

Used within the right system he could be that guy once again.

I think people need to remember that world class forwards especially need to have a team either built around them or a team that caters to them.

Villa didn't really have that at Barca, he seemed to be a very direct player at valencia and then had to adapt his game to Barca's way. Barca don't cater to anyone but Messi which is completely understandable so Considering that I still think he did pretty well there.

You think he could work at Arsenal with Van Persie? Or is he no the sort of forward you need?

Guest petercrotch

He won't be going to arsenal that's for sure LOL . rvp will not go to barca because he doesn't suit their style of play and he's too slow . He will either go to real madrid or to those idiots at the ethihad to link back up with david silva . Would love fergie to sign him but he doesn't really go for established names

• Downvote 1

You think he could work at Arsenal with Van Persie? Or is he no the sort of forward you need?

He's exactly what we need tbh

I think him and RVP could work because their both very intelligent players. Could see RVP dropping into a deeper Bergkamp-ish role with Villa playing right off the last man.

It won't happen especially being 30 in December, Wenger has already played that card with Arteta and Yossi. Your not going to see 3 eclipses in one life time.

Would take him with open arms and I can see his fee probably being around 15m too :(

• Upvote 2

I think him and RVP could work because their both very intelligent players. Could see RVP dropping into a deeper Bergkamp-ish role with Villa playing right off the last man.

It won't happen especially being 30 in December, Wenger has already played that card with Arteta and Yossi. Your not going to see 3 eclipses in one life time.

Would take him with open arms and I can see his fee probably being around 15m too :(

In a 4-3-3? Dunno if RVP would want to go more outwide unless it is narrow like Barcelona with Gervinho/Walcott trying to be the 3rd man

Would love to see him in the prem though, such a dirty finisher and so slick

Yeah but maybe if he is up for grabs at a cut price Wenger might be tempted, not much alternatives out their at the moment and playing for Barce obviously means it would not take much fitting in

In a 4-3-3? Dunno if RVP would want to go more outwide unless it is narrow like Barcelona with Gervinho/Walcott trying to be the 3rd man

Would love to see him in the prem though, such a dirty finisher and so slick

Yeah but maybe if he is up for grabs at a cut price Wenger might be tempted, not much alternatives out their at the moment and playing for Barce obviously means it would not take much fitting in

The system would definitely need to revert to 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 to get the best out of Villa

I've never been convinced with the 4-3-3 system at Arsenal anyway.