Battle Royal For Eden Hazard?

Mame Biram Diouf

Eden-Hazard-Goal-Against-Marseille.jpg
Manchester City and Tottenham are reportedly ready to join Arsenal, Chelsea and Real Madrid in the race to sign Lille playmaker Eden Hazard.

Chelsea have been installed as the early favourites with bookmakers to sign the 20-year-old and although Lille will almost certain reject bids in the New Year, both Arsenal and Real Madrid are expected to test the French club's resolve when the transfer window reopens.

Hazard has confirmed he will leave the Ligue 1 club next year, although a summer transfer looks much more likely than a January move.

And according to The People, both Spurs and Man City are preparing to make their move.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is said to have told chairman Daniel Levy that Hazard is the one player who can turn the club into title contenders, while City believe they can use football development officer Patrick Vieira to help persuade the player to move to the Etihad Stadium. Vieira recently made a trip to Lille to watch Hazard in action. Hazard last week ruled out a move to PSG as well as revealing that he turned down offers from AC Milan and Inter Milan during the summer. Barcelona are also believed to be considering a bid for him next year.

Looks like Wenger missed his chance and will be outpriced, but tbh this is the type of player he needs to say fuck it and throw out the money, but I guess it would damage there reputation to be turned down publicly. If Tottenham do finish top 4th surely they have a very good chance of signing him?. As I said before Man City don't nee him but they won't want their rivals to get him. Could also be one of Roman's last big purchases because he has to be running out of patience with spending all that money.

IMO it is too soon for him to go to Real Mardrid, they would just stall his career like what Jose done with so many young players when he was at Chelsea.

How good do you think he would be in the Prem?, and those who have seen him do you think he is underrated or overrated?

Well can't see him coming to us :(

Once the money cunts come calling

Deffo not spurs they r a joke being linked with players like del piero and beckham shows they r still a joke

*looks at table*

funny joke :Y:

Hazard was suppose to sign for Arsenal THIS summer, however Lille then some how turned into French double winners and fucked that all up.

Wenger has to hope Europe's elite, baulk at stumping up on the required cash and then grab him a year later when his hype has died down, ala Samir Nasri...

That or tap up Hazard so bad it's a one club market.

Guest Portuguese

Hazard has to aim for one the top clubs not none of these stop gap teams(who always get picked off for their better players)

Hazard is turning into a bitch(poor body language/engineering a move/doing his talking in the press instead of on the pitch) so imagine what he would be like at Tottenham/Arsenal after two good seasons

Hazard was suppose to sign for Arsenal THIS summer, however Lille then some how turned into French double winners and fucked that all up.

Wenger has to hope Europe's elite, baulk at stumping up on the required cash and then grab him a year later when his hype has died down, ala Samir Nasri...

That or tap up Hazard so bad it's a one club market.

How would you go about tapping him up, only thing you can really offer him is first team football..

Wages and Trophies no....

• Upvote 2

You sell him a project he will lead, use the fact that our manager is a great finishing school teacher for YOUR personal career, point out that moving from Lille to Arsenal is probably the easiest club to adapt to - Vermaelen here and vice captain, Gervinho here, and a bunch of French man and French speaking man arehere, slots into average squad age. Then his agent considers that yeah he will get a payrise in wages, the agent will get a good fee, and that Arsenal is a club that he can get his client out off when he needs too... Basically 2 moves in 4 years is possible (if he does a 4 year contract deal with Arsenal)(big p for agent), that wont be so easy at Chelsea and Man City, if he wants to go Spain.

• Upvote 1

95% Players don't want to be at the head of a project that will ultimately yield no trophies.

that line of opportunity is played out,

Players want to hear, "we have massive plans for the next few years, and we want you to play a big part of it. and believe you have the talent to be one of the main players/factors in the success we will achieve."

that whole come be the figurehead thing, translates into, please come and join our team, we need you to help us achieve something and attract top quality players.

Unless a man is a fan of the club this wont entice him.

the french legion at Arsenal will work in your favour, as will the Vermalen thing. but your theoretical wage cap thing will work against you, as he'll realise that eventually he'll have to move on anyway,

Effectively Arsenal wll be saying that, they just couldnt say it to Nasri as he was already at the club and knew what he was, and tbh if Arsenal had closed in Feb (Gazidas wasteman) the issue wouldnt have dragged into the summer when other clubs then bombed Arsenal out of the window and Fabregas tells man I'm definitely leaving dargy.

If Arsenal pay Hazard 80-90k that a big jump in his Lille wages, tbh I dont think any club is paying him more than 90k anyway. He's a 21 years old, Belgian, coming from Ligue 1, with maybe 6 Champions League games under his belt.

Hazard has to aim for one the top clubs not none of these stop gap teams(who always get picked off for their better players)

agree.

can't call him a prospect anymore tbh, the guy is right now at this moment ready to win major trophies.

Hazard is turning into a bitch(poor body language/engineering a move/doing his talking in the press instead of on the pitch) so imagine what he would be like at Tottenham/Arsenal after two good seasons

don't really agree.

he's had a fucking sick start of the season, only really lacked that one super-special game in CL i thought. and the progress he's done as a player in the last 6 months>>>

plus that recent lequipe intv didn't seem at all like that imo.

/

yes, he's underrated

Guest Portuguese

agree.

can't call him a prospect anymore tbh, the guy is right now at this moment ready to win major trophies.

don't really agree.

he's had a fucking sick start of the season, only really lacked that one super-special game in CL i thought. and the progress he's done as a player in the last 6 months>>>

/

yes, he's underrated

He is the best player in France without a shadow of doubt(Pastore a close 2nd)

Have u watched him the last six weeks? Especially away from home he looks uninterested in Lille(big fish in a small pound) I know he is out grown Lille but aleast try help them and retain the title.

When was his L'Equipe interview? Did he slate Messi again?

C/S. he is underrated as a baller

agree.

don't really agree.

/

yes, he's underrated

He is the best player in France without a shadow of doubt(Pastore a close 2nd)

Have u watched him the last six weeks? Especially away from home he looks uninterested in Lille(big fish in a small pound) I know he is out grown Lille but aleast try help them and retain the title.

When was his L'Equipe interview? Did he slate Messi again?

C/S. he is underrated as a baller

true that at Inter Zanetti bossed him differently, but at Valenciennes Lille got outplayed in every single aspect so while probably true it's kinda hard to judge like that & Evian i didn't watch. all other games - i don't know, myself i would never come to the conclusion he's uninterested really.

last week. not a word about Messi. i'm ready for a move, won't do it now but after the season, i don't know nothing about PSG's offer, they look interesting but i'd prefer to try myself abroad etc etc

Guest Portuguese

It's hard for him as well to carry Lille on his ones with a supporting cast of Obranik, Joe Cole,Sow(this guy is a truly awful footballer who's predator instinct bubble is going to burst soon)

Gervinho, who left Lille in the summer for Arsenal, is a big admirer of Hazard and feels his former team-mate would be a hit in England.

"Hazard is a young player with enormous quality," Gervinho told French radio station RMC Sports.

"If he has decided to leave, it is normal for clubs to be interested, as he has the level to triumph in a big league like England.

"Eden has learned a lot at Lille, and I believe he could succeed abroad. Where he goes is up to the clubs. But it will be a big operation."

Hazard added: "But it's not just Inter, Milan [AC] have shown an interest as well. They proposed that I stay at Lille and then sit down for serious talks at the end of the season.

"I feel ready to join a major club. In any case I won't be staying in France."

• Downvote 1

Belgian superstar Eden Hazard will turn his back on the Premier League to pursue his dream of joining Real Madrid.

Hazard has already admitted he wants to leave Lille next summer to further his career and it is now believed he has made it clear that he want to go to Madrid.

Chelsea and Arsenal have both been keen on the Lille forward and it is believed Chelsea and Paris Saint German have made approaches.

But Hazard wants to pursue his dream of moving to Real Madrid and their director of football Zinedine Zidane has recommended the Spanish giants sign him.