Fabricio Coloccini

Mame Biram Diouf

Guest Portuguese

Any team in the world he is that good.

Mascherano is doing well at Barca but he is no CB

Carvalho the master is ageing and has injuries

So Piqué and Pepe could easily get marshalled by Colo

He will walk into any English/Italian club side and Marshall their defence.

/

Both footed

Strong

Good in the air

Anticipation levels are emosh

Way too good on the ball

When I watched him a lot in La Liga he got raped for pace but since then it never happens maybe he has got quicker or more realistically his positional sense has gone up a notch.

Give me Colo over any of your throw myself at the ball defenders ala Terry/Vidic/Dawson etc etc

Only King comes close

What can I say a ball playing CB with positional sense who marshalls his defence with ease and oozes so much class.

Guest Portuguese

Vermaelen's positioning is suspect.

Kompany is overrated he is good but he isnt on Colo's level

C/S Seydou if he played for one of the traditional big teams the appreciation will be high

Not even Seydou I appreciate he is very good but best in the league?

C'mon

About only King comes CLOSE

King >>>>>>>>>>> Coloccini

THERE IS NO DEBATE TO BE HAD THERE

Vidic has been injured a lot last 18months but I am sure he will come round

On form Vidic >>>>>>>>>> Coloccini

Kompany I would say is just ahead of Coloccini, he is basically doing two jobs playing next to Lescott and the way there full backs bomb forward and are a liability defensively.

Some players just look better at smaller clubs (Lescott at Everton),

Your knowledge on defensively minded players has proven to be very suspect last couple of days, only last winter you was calling for Luiz to move to Real/Barce irrc

Kompany is the best CB in the prem at the moment

of course people are going to point to the team he has around him but why's that any different to When Rio was top selected at United.

Kompany has been consistently solid for City at time, even when they where in the early transition period when he moved into CB.

Colo has played well for a quarter of A season.

Also Vermalean has not played consistently enough yet to be judged.

C/S Heero you can pick out periods where Dawson and Jagielka have looked amazing followed by periods they look poor

Well hopefully the Liverpool rumours are true furthermore

A fully fit Agger >>>>>>>

King

Vidic

Kompany

Agger

All better then Collo

Guest Portuguese

Luiz is a footballer who needs to pick his moments that's all.

King injuries have fucked him over so I can't put him ahead of Colo

It's good that City are in UCL you guys will see how suspect Kompany is. Mario Gomez has proven that in two different games already.

LOL@Vidic

He is any Serbian Terry who gets away with a lot of crimes and isn't the best in possession

Like Colo isn't doing three jobs as well as in his own with Newcastle's fullbacks and Steven Taylor as a partner who is doing well actually but that's what happens when your CbB partner and club captain oozes so much quality it tends to rub off

Colocinni is the shortest by a couple of inches and this could be one of the reasons why he has the lowest success percentage in aerial duels (33%). Out of the defenders who have played regularly this season (Terry, Vidic, Kompany) – he has the lowest number of effective head clearances and attempts the lowest number of aerial duels as well. Perhaps this is a tactical ploy, with his central partner, Williamson or Taylor employed by the manager to be the defender that challenges for 50-50 balls in the air.

On ground duels, his stats are not favourable either. Coloccini has the lowest success rate in 50-50 balls on the ground (55%) and also the highest number of times where a player has dribbled past him, which highlights that he might still lack the pace and strength to become one of the best defenders in the Premier League.

article-1274861678993-09BC5F53000005DC-29733_636x300.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest Portuguese
Colocinni is the shortest by a couple of inches and this could be one of the reasons why he has the lowest success percentage in aerial duels (33%). Out of the defenders who have played regularly this season (Terry, Vidic, Kompany) – he has the lowest number of effective head clearances and attempts the lowest number of aerial duels as well. Perhaps this is a tactical ploy, with his central partner, Williamson or Taylor employed by the manager to be the defender that challenges for 50-50 balls in the air.

On ground duels, his stats are not favourable either. Coloccini has the lowest success rate in 50-50 balls on the ground (55%) and also the highest number of times where a player has dribbled past him, which highlights that he might still lack the pace and strength to become one of the best defenders in the Premier League.

article-1274861678993-09BC5F53000005DC-29733_636x300.jpg

relying on Stats<<<

Watching the whole game>>>

williamson played one game

I think something else is Collocini has found a grove, he's comfortable at Newcastle. he fits there.

if he was to get thrown into another team, it could be interesting as to how he deals with it.

Exactly

How many times on this forum has this sentence..

Doing it for a small club/a club with medium expectations is not the same as doing it for a big club/massive expectations.

been used

You think I haven't watched him play

:confused:

It is called backing up your points with facts

Would love to see an on form Torres RAPE Coloccini it is a shame it may never happen

The premiership is game in which you need to be strong in the air and have some pace, he has neither which limits his potential, yes he can read the game sick and distribute nicely but he can't be the best if he is missing vital components to become the best defender in this league.

In Spain to England is a whole different thing.

lol.

ok this debate is going nowhere fast,

so let me just say,

if you take the top 5 cb's in the league

depending on what month or sometimes week you pose the question you may see them put in a completly different order by the same person.

Collocini and Newcastle have United City and Chelsea to play in the next 3 games(i beilieve), this will say a lot about Newcastle and Collocini one way or another.

PMSL at this thread.

best in the prem you know. :rofl:

Guest Portuguese

lol.

ok this debate is going nowhere fast,

so let me just say,

if you take the top 5 cb's in the league

depending on what month or sometimes week you pose the question you may see them put in a completly different order by the same person.

Collocini and Newcastle have United City and Chelsea to play in the next 3 games(i beilieve), this will say a lot about Newcastle and Collocini one way or another.

Agreed