Official La Massia Thread

Mame Biram Diouf

GYI0064748610_extra_large.jpg

Seeing as they seem to be rolling them out like a factory at the moment thought I would make a topic about some of their most promising youngsters that I have seen or heard of. Miss any out feel free to add them I'm always looking to learn new stuff.

Rafa Alcantara

rafinha-alcantara.jpg

Attacking midfielder similar to Iniesta. Sick dribbler and is a goal scoring midfielder. Deffo has the potential to make but with so much competition I can see him moving on. His contract also expires at the end of the season. Weirdly enough he wants to play for Brazil over Spain. Brazil would be stupid to not give him a cheap cap and lock him up, he will be that guy whether it is at Barcelona or not. Already has 6 goals for their B team this season.

Gerard Deulofeu

GerardDeulofeu_2579836.jpg

He is a winger/inside forward in the same mould as Pedro/Messi. His dribbling is disgusting and has already made his first team debut. Just needs to bulk up a tiny bit but keep his agility. Is blessed with nice amount of pace aswel. Another one who bar injury should make it.

Jonathan Dos Santos

Jonathan-dos-Santos.jpg

He has shown some flashes of brilliance but hasn't been amazing for their youth teams. One of his strengths is set pieces. Weakness wise his dribbling is not Barcelona quality but he does have a good eye for a pass. He is a defensive midfielder. Unlikely he will make the grade at Barcelona and has been linked to Blackburn but if he went there he should have a Rochina impact and be gone in two seasons. Is rate higher then Gio apparently.

Dongou

Jean_Marie_Doungou.jpg

Comes from the foundation of Sameul Eto'o and is also a striker like him. Has mad potential and you would probably tip him to make it at any other club like Barcelona now they appear to not use strikers. Just keeps on banging in goals for the youth teams and is dirty fast and has good composure for his age. Very exciting prospect

Grimaldo

Grimaldo-BarcelonaB.jpg

Full back/wingback. Loves to bomb down the wing, in a few years Enrique will have a very strong challenger. Barcelona must be rubbing their hands also as they have lacked a sick left back for years. This guy is quality can dribble and cross. He is one of the most exciting prospects

Bartra

bartra.jpg

Can play CB and RB, not sure if he will ever become first choice but I think he is definitely able to be relied upon as 3rd choice behind Puyol and Pique and if he keeps working hard maybe move up. Apparently Real tried to sign him before.

Cuenca

Isaac-Cuenca.jpg

Has made a couple appearances this season due to injuries and impressed very highly, only 20 and is another exciting ''winger'', technically he is excellent as you would expect. But with so much talent around him and Gerard being the better talent like Dongou he may also have to look elsewhere in a couple years. His crossing seems to be his best attribute at the moment which is not what you what expect from a La Massia graduate lol

Sergi Roberto

tumblr_lac7m9BK3Q1qd18dc.jpg

Another 19 year old midfielder, is also very good on the ball and made his debut last season. Is expected to be promoted to the first team next year probably at the same time Keita and/or Masch move on. He should also make it but if he does not he will carve out a career somewhere else deffo, lad has a lot of tekks

Javier Espinosa

Got a very good football brain and a swift pair of feet to match it. He is 19 and yesss you guessed it another midfielder, more of an attacking minded one rather then a sergio/xavi sitting back one. He is the real deal IMO but yet again he is going to have very limited chances.

javier-espinosa.jpg?w=201&h=236

They are the best ones but there are a few defenders but they are harder to judge as most managers do no like to bring them through as it is a big risk but listen out for Sergio Gomez, Montoya and Gomes

On top of that Etock left them in the summer he is also a good talent but seemed to have stalled and been replaced by Dongou (both from the Eto foundation), orieal who went to Chelsea and then Bellerin, John Toral and previously Miquel who went to Arsenal. Then they Bojan basically out on loan at Roma and Jeffren at Sporting .

They are actually taking the PISS over there

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Rafinha/Gerard/Bartra/Cuenca will make at Barca

But shout out for Grimaldo only being 16 and a regular in the Segunda.

Off the top of my head

Pep

De La Pena

Puyol

Xavi

Arteta

Cesc

Iniesta

Capel

Pedro

The Busquets

Amor

Gio

Thiago

Gerard Lopez

Messi

Bojan

Gabri

Jeffren

Pique

Valdes

Cruyff is that guy

You can tell purely on hearsay/ YouTube clips he is the greatest European player ever but as a footballing pioneer>>>>>>>>

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Yeah trust me its a shame Pep basically takes all the credit for it

People talk about golden generations but right now I cant see this stopping

/

One of Espinosa or Roberto will definitely make it

Fabregas, Iniesta, Thiago, Busquets, Rafa are there for years but Xavi and his knees cannot go on forever

Especially if they adopt 3-4-3 when Alves leaves they will defo keep one IMO

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Rafa he is know as Rafinha

Cruyff is Barca

Pep goes to him for everything

You have to remember Barca never played 4-3-3 before Cruyff came.

That's why I always LOL when people praise Wenger for transforming the Premier League

Cruyff changed La Liga and gave Barca their first European Cup

The guy's legacy is too much

Ajax and Barca

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

wow that Javier Espinosa guy plays exactly like Kaka, looks like he'll be a problem

i can vouch for Deulofeu, watch him in the u20's (ithink) and he was out of this world

pace, dribbling and can pick out a pass but he does tend to let his head drop if things aren't going for him (could file that under age)

is that Alcantara kid the brother of Thiago?

Guest Portuguese

You talk so much about the past for someone born in the 90s. YouTube cant be your basis for everything.

Started following football in 96

I tend to ask older dons about football before my time watch videos and take it from there.

Never saw Maradona but you can easily tell he is years ahead of Messi

From 1996-

Nobody can tell me a thing about football

• Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

wow that Javier Espinosa guy plays exactly like Kaka, looks like he'll be a problem

i can vouch for Deulofeu, watch him in the u20's (ithink) and he was out of this world

pace, dribbling and can pick out a pass but he does tend to let his head drop if things aren't going for him (could file that under age)

is that Alcantara kid the brother of Thiago?

Yeah Thiago says Rafinha is the better footballer

Guest Portuguese

Of course they were.

Barca stole him ahead of River everything was agreed with Newells then Rexach stepped in

Barca stole Iniesta off Albacate

These are not amateur teams

/

Stick to boxing

Read that we are after 3 of thier young defenders :huh:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...