Ex-Olympic ambassador involved in London riots is jailed for two years

Vertigo

article-2059273-0EB9AFD800000578-781_468x463.jpg

A shamed Olympics ambassador turned over to police by her mother after taking part in the London riots has been jailed for two years.

Talented athlete Chelsea Ives was seen throwing bricks and missiles during the summer unrest and boasted of having the 'best day ever' after her violent rampage.

But the 18-year-old, who had met sports stars and MPs at the House of Commons in her Olympics role, is now starting a jail term after admitting criminal damage.

Ives was caught on CCTV on August 7th damaging a BMW police car in Enfield, forcing two officers to flee for their lives.She also admitted burglary with intent to steal, after she broke into a looted T-Mobile phone store, and violent disorder while in Enfield. Her appalled mother Adrienne, 47, handed her in to police after she saw footage of her daughter damaging the police car on television. Mrs Ives later said of her decision to hand her daughter in: 'It was gut-wrenching but it was right.

'I have no regrets. I love my daughter but she was brought up to know right from wrong.' Ives, of Waltham Forest, east London, admitted burglary, damaging a marked BMW police car and two counts of violent disorder at an earlier hearing.

The teenager was a former Waltham Forest Council youth Olympic ambassador and had met Olympic chief Sebastian Coe and Mayor of London Boris Johnson.

Yesterday, she was sentenced to two years in a young offenders’ institution at Wood Green Crown Court, north London.

Ellis Williams, prosecuting, had said at an earlier hearing: 'In CCTV Miss Ives was shown in the company of another female and a group of males – up to 10 in the group – trying to force entry in the Somerfields supermarket.

'They are kicking the metal shutter and trying to pull it up. They are unsuccessful and seem to lose interest. Next in the ­footage Miss Ives was seen with an object in her hand. 'She takes a short run up and throws the object at a passing police vehicle.

'It’s not certain whether the missile strikes the vehicle. She picks up another missile and is seen throwing it in the direction of the police vehicle.'

article-2040076-0E0515B900000578-164_468x303.jpg

article-0-0D76F38200000578-946_468x310.jpg

Hard to say what i would do but its kind of backfired on her mum tbh.

Some speng shit u reckon her mum regrets calling now house nigga bitch

Police are hard on this ting was going pass tesco in mare street feds set up some mobile unit where u have to look through it to identify a looter.

2 weeks later I am walking through jack dunning estate/homerton same mobile van is set up in the middle of the estate for residents to snitch this c*nt bitch come up to me and ask if I want to look through the booklet. I said No way never I am just upset no police officer was killed bitch looked like she wanted to shift me. Cant support any babylon movement what so ever Bun that with the hottest fire purge them tings deh

• Upvote 3

Some speng shit u reckon her mum regrets calling now house nigga bitch

Police are hard on this ting was going pass tesco in mare street feds set up some mobile unit where u have to look through it to identify a looter.

2 weeks later I am walking through jack dunning estate/homerton same mobile van is set up in the middle of the estate for residents to snitch this c*nt bitch come up to me and ask if I want to look through the booklet. I said No way never I am just upset no police officer was killed bitch looked like she wanted to shift me. Cant support any babylon movement what so ever Bun that with the hottest fire purge them tings deh

:lol: :lol:

djgdh;lfg

fail upon fail

that woman is fuckin STUPID

ur teenage daughted dabbled in a bit of rioting see that as a cross road of sorts

but instead of trying to put on the right path

you shove her into the open arms of the legal system and criminality

like shes gonna be a better person when she comes out or more likely NOT TO REOFFEND

smh

• Upvote 2

I know right and wrong, I didn't need to be involved in wrong to then have my mom sit infront of me and talk to me about things I already knew.

Your kid went out and started wrecking buildings and being militant, what is there actually to discuss if you have raised your child correctly in your eyes.

You guys are fucking soft, want to wrap the bitch in cotton wool and sit down and have a therapy sessions.

I wonder how many parents have caught their kids doing a whole lot of fuckery to sit them down give them the speech, the kid lie infront of their face and then go onto the next thing.

Then when there kid ends up dead in jail for something deep, here comes the ol

"Marcus was a good bwai, he never urt nobady" and " He was a good lad but he got mixed up with the wrong people"

PS I don't agree with the sentance btw

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

imo its worth taking the chance and not shopping the kid to feds and keep her fully on lock for the foreseeable future/ send her back 'home'

she has more than likely ruined her relationship with her daughter and her daughters life in the process.

where will she get employment now.

all they have to do is google her name and look at what they will see.

• Upvote 1

The threat of her mum not reporting her to the police would have been enough

Seeing her picture on the news would have been a self-actualization, when she goes inside she is going to get abused and punched up, a pretty light skin girl with curly hair.

People will brainwash her to HATE her mum.

Instead of going to the olympics and networking (which would have been sick on her CV) she will come out in two years either a lesbian or a hoe. Making up for the last two years she missed of drinking, fucking, raving which all her friends were doing.

She will find it hard to get a job which will then lead to her committing crime to do a job

Funny thing is her mum could watch her kill some body in three years and wouldn't report her now.

This was scare tactics gone wrong, probably expected her to get a talking to and be on some list for the next 2/3 years.

I could never do that to my child and people are talking like parents have 100% control over raising there children, it is not like that in society anymore.

Punishment only works to a certain extent, she is going to be networking in prison with girls who have actually done real crimes and she looks very vulnerable

Yeah she should not have done it but if that was your little niece or sister and she got caught up in the moment for a couple of hours in the 18 years of her life would your seriously put be content with her serving two years in prison and a life time of PAIN and HATE towards her mum?

• Upvote 4

imo its worth taking the chance and not shopping the kid to feds and keep her fully on lock for the foreseeable future/ send her back 'home'

she has more than likely ruined her relationship with her daughter and her daughters life in the process.

where will she get employment now.

all they have to do is google her name and look at what they will see.

Lifes about choices though alie, i actually agree with you about her future in relation to employement. It was her choice to go out and riot. Taking away the responsability of choice is almost promoting the philsophy of a life without consquences and cause without effect.

It's basically doing what you wish and letting someone else clean up the mess.

The mom ruined the relationship ?, there you go with the cotton wool. You shouldn't blame anyone for taking a course of action in which you inevitably forced their hand. That's like asking your boy to hold some stolen goods for you, his house gets raided and he rats you out...would you blame your boy for not doing your time for you or would you sympathize for even putting him in that position ?

The suggestion you shouldn't shop your child in this scenario to me points to admitance of the parent that they've failed the child some manner of parenting. Like I said if you believe you have raised your child to the best of your ability then you haven't failed, your child has..

and like I said originally again from that perspective what else is there to talk about / action to take other than going down the route we're seeing here.

• Downvote 7

I could understand the mum shopping her in a case where she was off the rails all the time and this was the final straw but to be honest she seemed (from reports) to be a model teenager and was doing well in life. So many better ways to handle such a situation and honestly think the mum failed in this case. The role of a parent is to protect their children first and foremost.

Saying she will most likely be out in 6 months however nobody deserves prison in cases like this.

heero yuy gonna be some militant father lol

bane got it all in one

and like someone said she wouldve been somewhat justified if the girl was off the rails always getting in trouble with feds etc etc but this was the first occurrence (to my knowledge) way too excessive

she defo thght that whitey would give her daughter mercy if she gave her up -boy she was wrong.

• Downvote 1