If Rick Ross Was To Die Now What Status Would He Get?

Mame Biram Diouf

He doesn't have classic IMO, All 4 are good, outta those 4... 2 are very good.

Saying that, I believe he'll drop a stone cold classic, It's well within his ability to do so.

They guy has gone clear.

If he died now it would be tragedy.

LOL @ not clocking he's bringing lyrical street raps back to the forefront of mainstream urban music.

• Upvote 1

Best out right now

Saying that, I believe he'll drop a stone cold classic, It's well within his ability to do so.

They guy has gone clear.

LOL @ not clocking he's bringing lyrical street raps back to the forefront of mainstream urban music.

Not really.

They guy has gone clear.

Not really.

Who is?

Man actually think Ricky is the best out?

Smh i'm not even going to bother arguing.

So Ricky is better than Nas, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Styles P, Jadakiss, Common etc.

:lol:

Reminds me of the Lil Wayne hype a few years back.

what your saying fam is bergkamp is better then rvp

we are talking right now

• Upvote 2

They guy has gone clear.

Not really.

Who is?

I think first of all the point about lyrical street raps entering the mainstream is contentious in itself. I feel 'lyrical street rap' is still the same place it was in the early 00's when rappers like Cassidy, Banks were making waves, and its not at the forefront of mainstream black music, the likes of Drake, Wiz Khalifa, Kanye West are.

They guy has gone clear.

Not really.

Who is?

I think first of all the point about lyrical street raps entering the mainstream is contentious in itself. I feel 'lyrical street rap' is still the same place it was in the early 00's when rappers like Cassidy, Banks were making waves, and its not at the forefront of mainstream black music, the likes of Drake, Wiz Khalifa, Kanye West are.

So who is changing that?

Man actually think Ricky is the best out?

Smh i'm not even going to bother arguing.

So Ricky is better than Nas, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Styles P, Jadakiss, Common etc.

:lol:

Reminds me of the Lil Wayne hype a few years back.

what your saying fam is bergkamp is better then rvp

we are talking right now

As of right now, all the artists i mentioned are still 'current'. Meaning they are still releasing material, i don't think Ross has produced a better body of work than Styles P mixtape with Dj Green Lantern , or a verse as good as Nas on Victory with John Legend.

And has Ross been killing the guest appearances like Kendrick Lamar has? No.

Ross is a good rapper, and i'm a fan of his music, but i don't agree with people ranking him over legends who are still dropping good music. It reminds me of the Lil Wayne situation during the Carter 2/Dedication 2 period where everybody and their mothers were calling him the best rapper alive, why, because he was on everyones songs and he was releasing bangers now and again, yet in my eyes there were rappers releasing better quality.

Being the most active rapper does not equate with being the best, Ross is the hottest right now but he is not the most talented.

• Downvote 1

They guy has gone clear.

Not really.

Who is?

So who is changing that?

I don't see anyone changing that to be honest, i don't think lyrical street rap will ever be at the forefront of mainstream like it was in the 90's but you never know these things work in cycles, and sometimes you need an artist that can be the catalyst for a different era in rap like Kanye West was in the mid 00's which lead to artists like J Cole, Drake etc. Maybe MMG can be that, but to be honest i don't see the soft raps of Drake Wiz Khalifa and co going anywhere anytime soon, at the moment those rappers are still at the forefront.

Several posters in here just using this topic as license to criticise you already had premeditated intentions

you just using ross name to try and promote artists you enjoy. Whilst not trying to here any positives about Ross music.

"thanks for the promotion homo"

Were having a discussion about his credentials as an artist mystic meg, so naturally your going to here opinions from both sides of the spectrum, this isn't a Rick Ross Appreciation thread, so i can say what the fuck i want and it doesn't have to be positive.

Ross is a good rapper, that makes good music, that is all, based on his body of work he ain't the best rapper alive, and he ain't in the top 5 period.

threadstarter never had any intention of rating ricky, no he's not the best rapper alive but top 5 current mainstream bracket yes he is

people always trying to push and dictate what 'real hiphop' is guess what flockavelli was the best album of 2010 and gucci mane is a lyrical genius now get mad :angry:

waka flocka>>>>>them backpack rappers you like to push

truss hate when man try force me to like something because a rappers is ticking boxes on delivery, flow, content etc......

fuck that

this is music....

ignorant rap > back pack rap

• Upvote 1

Several posters in here just using this topic as license to criticise you already had premeditated intentions

you just using ross name to try and promote artists you enjoy. Whilst not trying to here any positives about Ross music.

"thanks for the promotion homo"

Were having a discussion about his credentials as an artist mystic meg, so naturally your going to here opinions from both sides of the spectrum, this isn't a Rick Ross Appreciation thread, so i can say what the fuck i want and it doesn't have to be positive.

Ross is a good rapper, that makes good music, that is all, based on his body of work he ain't the best rapper alive, and he ain't in the top 5 period.

threadstarter never had any intention of rating ricky, no he's not the best rapper alive but top 5 current mainstream bracket yes he is

people always trying to push and dictate what 'real hiphop' is guess what flockavelli was the best album of 2010 and gucci mane is a lyrical genius now get mad :angry:

waka flocka>>>>>them backpack rappers you like to push

:confused:

I rate his music highly

Has the best work rate out at the moment and is one of the best alive, but somebody questioned why I don't think he is top 20 of all time

I don't need to dictate what real hiphop is, it is a reflection of your surroundings, if your surrounded by million pound cars and trapping etc then fair enough, that just doesn't keep me interested for long

Best album of 2010

:confused:

Also what back pack rappers do I push, unless your referring to when I posted about AZ and phone charger called it back pack

• Upvote 1

tbh I was simply reverse being a stupid fucking prick you or more imbroke than you, people always trying to downplay guys who have alot of exposure with all this oh so and so is real hiphop he's better he deserve the success, so what if i don't feel to listen to eminem or yellawolf or kendrick, if you listen to those guys over ross and flocka i don't really care yet if everyone wants to listen to flocka over eminem and prefers flockas album theres some big outrage from guys like you

Flockavelli was one of the best albums released, yes! certainly. Every song was sick no filler and he kept it trill and flocka only just learnt to rap.

Real talk I have never felt eminem yeah he's a good artist regarded as real hiphop, but that ain't what i'm tryna hear man I'd rather listen to ross is that a problem? I don't really care how you rate them to me Ross gets ratings cos he makes good songs good albums and he's running the town for 3 years as a fat nigga who shouldn't have any right and he's not at all ashamed to flaunt the riches, 3 albums deep maybe not classics but he has countless classic songs, classic mixtapes.

ok ross ain't an all time great so who from his contemporaries are? name names

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rap has changed from back in the day. I guess cos the artform had to be truer then, than now.

Legacy's was built on a body of work. Nowadays its more about momentum.

So if Ross died, people would have to reflect on his body of works. Without the momentum...

Lets be honest, niggas dont need to die no more for us to see how shits chaged. Young Money ran hip hop for about 18 months, then the momentum dropped musically, cos Drake & Nicki was out eating all the tour money and inbetween albums, Wayne was in pen and the rest have just faded, for example where the fuck is Jae Millz again? Tyga?

Ross hasn't dared to stop for this reason.

You can listen to any music you want

Thats the beauty with it no two peoples list is going to be the same

Some people would rather listen to Nas over Jay z (visa versra)

Doesn't make you any less of a hip hop fan, it just helps shape other peoples opinions about your hiphop knowledge

If someone said I would rather listen to Wacka over Andre 3000 It would not bother me but if they said with a straight face Flacka is better I would think there an idiot

if i'd rather listen to this rapper over that rapper then yes i think the former is better at what they do

I will tell you Cam'ron is a lyrical genius with a straight face and he's not even trying moretime, he don't even do it for the money he does it cos he's nice.

cam is top 10 of all time maybe even top 5

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1