What Song/Album/Artist Got You Into Hip Hop?

Mame Biram Diouf

Mines a very random choice, but my uncle was a big fan of Jeru The Damaja and it was one of the first songs I heard and the beat just memorized me, the way it was so dark and gritty and the flow was so dark and angry. It was like being able to watch a horror film by listening to it. Didn't really understand the lyrics until a few years later but still now it is one of my favourite songs. After that it was tupac because my cousin was deep into learning about civil rights and his aunty, uncle, mum etc were panthers.

Feel sorry for children now whose first song is someone like Lil B or Gucci. Modern hiphop fans also seem more stubborn when it comes to showing them some classic music like Infamous or Illmatic ''ermm yeah I dont really like it, then they proceed to play French Montanna''

ur bang on makin topics

He's saving this room TBH. Big up Bane.

/

I copped I Shot The Sheriff from HMW and showed it to my older cousin thinking I was bad. He laughed then showed me East & West Coast shit and I liked the beats.

Then I heard It Was Written and it was a WRAP.

Hip-Hop>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• 2 months later...

@ esq the 1st album you heard was mf doom that's interesting.

for me it was BIG 'ready to die' and Wu Tang 'Wu Tang Forever' my older Sis lent them to me, I played it nearly everyday and then started buying the source mag the end really...