Osgood Schlatters

BLACK VICTIM

Anyone got this? I've had it since I was a kid used to get bad growing pains in my legs/shins and a few years ago I decided to see wagwan with my knees, searched online see I had this disease and thought fuck it i'll be alright...

But a month or so ago I was in a hotel in Southampton, drunk, ramping on the staircase... and I ended up falling and hit the bump just below my knee and it has hurt ever since, told my mum and she said I should go doctors then get surgery but I just think thats long and I'll ride it out...

Anyway I heard it's common so some people here will defo have it, its like a weak spot that even a light push will make it hurt or feel uncomfortable

got this in my right knee, used to be pain everytime i played ball in high school, but then only when i took a knock, now it doesnt really bother me at all unless i get a big knock

its very common.

Yeah I hear you man, especially mental/internal illness but a blatant physical deformity in my knee/shin joints I've had since a kid...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osgood%E2%80%93Schlatter_disease

I have this and will get surgery if its free, can you get free surgery if you work I've only ever had xrays

dude

everything you need to know is in that article

cause, symtoms, treament and recovery are all clearly explained

- make an appointment with ur GP

- you will go see a phsyio who will give you exercises and stretches to do

- also strong ibuprofen to take if/when necessary

- it will go away

(i had this)

When you was diagnosed did you strengthen your knees once you had recovered?

If not cycle 30mins three times a week and you will be fine in a few months

I remember when my boy would struggle to do normal things like climb stair cases etc twas deep

:blink: fuck didnt know ppl got it that bad

Guest M12 Part 2

This held back my football development a lot. Physios always said it will settle down eventually. But it only did when I was like 19.

After some matches I couldnt get out the car without physically lifting my legs with my arms. And tiptoeing to the front door because full impact HURT

This held back my football development a lot. Physios always said it will settle down eventually.

C/s

Had it when I was at Leyton Orient. All in all had it from the ages of about 14-17.

Painfullllll stuff, coudn't kneel down when I went church. Half time in games it would stiffen up and I'd rarely be able to come out for the second half. Sitting in cars I had to make sure my legs were always straight so they didn't stiffen up. Was fucking hell.

Guest M12 Part 2

Lol church thing mad me lol. I remember switching at 1 girl and wanting to punch her up 1 time. I was lying down wearing short and she saw the lump and gave it a light tap. As set man will know the pain was excruciating. I could feel tears in my eyes. She was there like what's wrong I only tapped it, why you being a girl. I wanted to make her feel the pain I felt.