Reggae Reggae lies! Sauce millionaire Levi Roots admits 'I lied on Dragons' Den - it wasn't my grandmother's recipe'

MARLO STANSFIELD

Nothing disrupted their partnership until Levi, the more ambitious of the pair, was persuaded to go on Dragons’ Den by a BBC researcher.

He secured £50,000 backing and just 24 hours after the show was broadcast Sainsbury’s offered to stock the sauce. It began outselling Heinz tomato ketchup and Levi has never looked back.

But while he was enjoying the first fruits of success, he made a surprise admission, Timmii claims.

‘Levi told me it wasn’t his recipe,’ she said. ‘A few days before the 2007 carnival, Levi said Tony wasn’t doing it that year. I was shocked as they have always been such a double act, and asked him why.

‘He said, “You have to understand that this sauce thing isn’t as great as some people think. It’s just bringing up so much jealousy and hatred.” I asked more, and that’s when he said, “It’s Tony’s recipe.”

‘He said he had asked Tony go on Dragons’ Den with him but he didn’t want to do it. He thought it was a waste of time.

I said, “But you said it’s your grandmother’s sauce”, and he replied, “Timmii, in this business, it’s what the people want that matters. I was going to sell it as a 100-year-old recipe but that’s too far-fetched. You have to be believable and impressive.”’

Confession: Levi's on-off girlfriend Timmii Twumasi claims he told her that it wasn't his recipe

Levi gave Tony a share of the profits from the carnival that year, and, according to Timmii, his generosity didn’t end there.

‘I have been with Levi on several occasions when he’s taken money to Tony’s restaurant. I never asked how much. Once he asked me to drop some cash off to Tony.’

Last week, asked if Levi looked after him financially, Tony replied simply, ‘Yeah, yeah’, adding: ‘Levi’s just doing his thing.'

Fuck this nigga, he ain't owed shit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

tulse and Venom there is more to life than money

u kind are they type who sell ur soul to the devil

I shall pray for u and i am not somlian I am ethopian we smacked up somlia 5-0 on tuesday unlky Eskay

we always hear this from people who deep down they wished they had more money.

pray for we tho, and pray for somalion your homeland.

Nothing disrupted their partnership until Levi, the more ambitious of the pair, was persuaded to go on Dragons’ Den by a BBC researcher.

He secured £50,000 backing and just 24 hours after the show was broadcast Sainsbury’s offered to stock the sauce. It began outselling Heinz tomato ketchup and Levi has never looked back.

But while he was enjoying the first fruits of success, he made a surprise admission, Timmii claims.

‘Levi told me it wasn’t his recipe,’ she said. ‘A few days before the 2007 carnival, Levi said Tony wasn’t doing it that year. I was shocked as they have always been such a double act, and asked him why.

‘He said, “You have to understand that this sauce thing isn’t as great as some people think. It’s just bringing up so much jealousy and hatred.” I asked more, and that’s when he said, “It’s Tony’s recipe.”

‘He said he had asked Tony go on Dragons’ Den with him but he didn’t want to do it. He thought it was a waste of time.

I said, “But you said it’s your grandmother’s sauce”, and he replied, “Timmii, in this business, it’s what the people want that matters. I was going to sell it as a 100-year-old recipe but that’s too far-fetched. You have to be believable and impressive.”’

Confession: Levi's on-off girlfriend Timmii Twumasi claims he told her that it wasn't his recipe

Levi gave Tony a share of the profits from the carnival that year, and, according to Timmii, his generosity didn’t end there.

‘I have been with Levi on several occasions when he’s taken money to Tony’s restaurant. I never asked how much. Once he asked me to drop some cash off to Tony.’

Last week, asked if Levi looked after him financially, Tony replied simply, ‘Yeah, yeah’, adding: ‘Levi’s just doing his thing.'

Fuck this nigga, he ain't owed shit.

ur quoting the bitch levi is fucking as a credible source of factual truth?

you think she's giving it up for him cos of his dashing good looks and dreads yeh?

twat

you think she's giving it up for him cos of his dashing good looks and dreads yeh?

twat

First of all, suck your dead mums vagina.

This bitch is peng to you?

article-1238549-079C2454000005DC-816_233x370.jpg

8-)

Her version of events, just summed up what I expect it was from the off. I seen and heard it happened a million times.

tulse and Venom there is more to life than money

u kind are they type who sell ur soul to the devil

I shall pray for u and i am not somlian I am ethopian we smacked up somlia 5-0 on tuesday unlky Eskay

we always hear this from people who deep down they wished they had more money.

pray for we tho, and pray for somalion your homeland.

Yawn u must lead a very shitty life

Levi is dumb for keeping the same recipe though.

If he is a chef he shoulda started from scratch and make his own sauce, he is selling it as reggae reggae sauce, you think white people will notice any difference between a real sauce and a shit sauce, they use salt and pepper most time.

Shouldn't have gave nobody an opportunity to come back and tell him anything.

Yeah but Dragon's Den have forseen this problem, hence there motto of investing in people rather than products.

These devils never miss a trick.

Reggae Reggae Sauce became Levi Roots Reggae Reggae Sauce. I bet they suggested this.

If I'm not mistaken he sold them 50%, sooooo them devils would have been like I bought 50% of the whole ting, not 50% of your 33%.

If my man knew they all fucked up, he would have tried to hit the lottery and sue BBC, Dragons Den, Peter Jones, Levi Roots and anybody else who profited of HIS sauce, but instead he just going after Levi Roots.

twat

First of all, suck your dead mums vagina.

This bitch is peng to you?

article-1238549-079C2454000005DC-816_233x370.jpg

8-)

Her version of events, just summed up what I expect it was from the off. I seen and heard it happened a million times.

Smh @ thinknig that tings peng.

Any Salomon Armand Magloire Kalou in a weave