Random deep questions...

Elementalism

Just gonna get into it, had a thought while arguing with a Youtube atheist and think it it quite interesting.

VIP2, simply put, are sperm and eggs conscious?

Do you think that consciousness must have existed on a micro level, for consciousness to exist on a macro level (the newborn human)?

Anyone ever thought about it?

^)

• Downvote 1

To be concious you have to be able to think, to be able to think you need a mind and brain.

Does a sperm have a mind or brain?

Me think not.

I think sperm is just a reflex action

That's a pretty base assumption.

Just because your consciousness is a result of a 'mind' (which you'd be hard pushed to define)/brain function, what makes you so sure that consciousness is definitely only ever a result of one or both of those things?

think you chose the wrong word in 'conscious'.. most animals do some amazing things but most would argue they haven't got a conscious, just instincts

You don't think animals are conscious??

Bruv, do you watch Attenborough?

I thought everybody knew animals were conscious, what the fuck?

I think you are confused. We are the sentient consciousness in our environment (we think), but we are not the only consciousness.

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

think you chose the wrong word in 'conscious'.. most animals do some amazing things but most would argue they haven't got a conscious, just instincts

You don't think animals are conscious??

Bruv, do you watch Attenborough?

I thought everybody knew animals were conscious, what the fuck?

I think you are confused. We are the sentient consciousness in our environment (we think), but we are not the only consciousness.

c/s but I think what he said about animals actually applies to the sperm they don't have a consiousness they just had instinct or an attraction to the egg and as far as I know the egg doesn't have one either

You're stoned and I'm leaving this thread.

Goodnight.

Act like the scientists down at CERN aren't scratching their heads and feeling ever so human and stupid right now...

You don't know what a neuron is doing just because you study psychology brah.

but that's science

Goodnight.

Act like the scientists down at CERN aren't scratching their heads and feeling ever so human and stupid right now...

ACTUALLY...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/nov/18/higgs-boson-moment-truth-lhc

It's so easy to say 'we're mere humans we can't know it all' than to go out and try and find it out like the people at CERN are doing

Your question isn't deep it's retarded to anyone who has completed compulsory education

• Upvote 2

Goodnight.

ACTUALLY...

http://www.guardian....oment-truth-lhc

It's so easy to say 'we're mere humans we can't know it all' than to go out and try and find it out like the people at CERN are doing

Your question isn't deep it's retarded to anyone who has completed compulsory education

So science isn't attempting to answer the question of where consciousness comes from?

Goodnight.

ACTUALLY...

http://www.guardian....oment-truth-lhc

You're a trolly little c*nt aren't you.

I am not criticizing science, I am point out that so far the search for consciousness has been fruitless. Just as fruitless as the search for the Higgs Boson.

Apparently you've bust a few nuts and cracked out your microscope a long time ago, as this question is clearly an easy one for you.

Enlighten me more, Jizzy Buddha. :lol:

What the fuck are you talking about 'the search for consciousness has been fruitless'?

Sperm are cells, they possess no nervous system, they cannot see, hear, taste, touch or smell, they have no concept of time and therefore no reference points, how could they ever conceivably be conscious?

Why search for something that is quite obviously not there?