Good Gifts

Mr Q

http://www.goodgifts.org/

This is the 9th edition of the Good Gifts Catalogue. And we're proud of its success. More than half a million Good Gifts have given rise to laughter, tears, delight and deep satisfaction. Recipients tell us that a Good Gift stays longer in the memory. And for the ultimate beneficiaries there's the reassuring warmth of knowing someone cares sufficiently to invest in their future.

Many may not be interested but it is a nice simple way of giving to people who don't have much. You can buy 50 bowls of rice for children for as little as £5.

I know we have some 'ballers' on here so I'm sure you can all give back.

(a lot can be brought and given to people in african countries too, for those who always talking about giving back and all that)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2

i like this im actually gonna do it

(after i read up about where the money goes and i can be sure im not paying for some managing director c*nt to go on holiday before anyone sees anything)

i like this im actually gonna do it

(after i read up about where the money goes and i can be sure im not paying for some managing director c*nt to go on holiday before anyone sees anything)

The firm I work for works with them and the website was sent around in an email. I'm sure it's legit considering the types of things we do, would be surprised if it wasn't.

Information below is from wiki. Will try and see if there is any more info on it in the emails at work. You get a certificate and letter to say the person has received it. --

The Good Gifts Catalogue was launched in 2003 and is an initiative of the Charities Advisory Trust.

A 'good gift' ¹ is a gift given by one person to another person/group of people in need of the gift, or to improve the lives of animals, on behalf of another person. The recipient of a Good Gift card receives the knowledge that something good has been done on their behalf. For example, if person x buys person y the 'Goat for Peace' for £20, this buys 'a fine goat for a grateful family' ² (in an unspecified location), and a card is sent, or emailed, to person y , thanking them for purchasing the goat, along with a message of thanks/greeting etc from person x. Each gift comes with a 'Cast-Iron Guarantee' ¹ that stipulates that the money will be used in the exact manner the gift describes.

The Catalogue was a precursor to the initiative launched by Oxfam, Oxfam Unwrapped, that sells similar gifts but without the assurance that the money given will necessarily be used in the way the gift implies.

The not-for-profit organisation Peace Oil, that raises money for worldwide peace & reconciliation projects via the exportation of extra virgin olive oil grown and produced in the Middle East, was born out of its success on the Good Gift Catalogue.