Computer man dem good deal?

The Somalian

http://www.envizage....tel-based/pc---[int0379]--intel-i7-2600-quad-core-desktop-pc-with-16gb-ram--2000gb-hdd-and-dvdrw.html

Brand new custom built 2nd generation Sandy Bridge Intel i7 2600 quad core PC base unit (4 x 3.4Ghz / up to 3.8GHz with turbo boost) complete with integrated Intel 850Mhz HD graphics, 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory, 22x CD & DVD re-writer drive and 2000GB SATA 2 hard drive.

All our base units are built using brand new high quality components with full warranties. As this is a custom built item, we can change any item including the case, so the PC is built to your exact specifications.

With the pc market changing constantly, this unit is fully upgradable in the future too.

All machines are fully built and thoroughly stress tested using industry standard procedures and equipment prior to despatch by our team of qualified engineers, then double boxed prior to despatch so that it arrives to you in full working order. We also supply all manuals and driver disks.

This PC does not have an operating system or anti virus installed, but we can do this for you. Please contact us for latest prices.

WARRANTY

[1] In the first 14 days from receipt - we operate a DOA (Dead on Arrival) policy and collect the PC at our cost and replace it for you.

[2] Day 15 to 1 year - we operate a return to base policy. Simply return the item to us and we will repair the PC and ship back to you.

[3] Years 2 and 3 - return to base. Labour is free but any parts that are required are chargeable.

CPU:

* Intel i7 2600 2nd generation processor. 4 cores running at 3.4Ghz.

MEMORY:

* 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory.

HARD DRIVE:

* 2000GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive.

CD & DVD RE-WRITER:

* DVD Read Speeds of 16x and write speeds of 22x

* CD Read speeds of 48x and write speeds of 48x

GRAPHICS:

* Onboard integrated Intel HD graphics.

SOUND:

* 6 Channel High definition Audio

REAR PORTS:

1 x PS/2 Keyboard

4 x USB 2.0 Ports

2 x USB 3.0 Ports

1 x HDMI Connector

1 x DVI Connector

1 x VGA Connector

1 x RJ-45 Port

1 x Line Out Port

1 x Microphone Port

1 x Speaker Port,

FRONT PORTS:

2 x USB Ports

1 x Microphone Port

1 x Speaker Port

FUTURE EXPANSION:

1 X PCI Express Slot

2 x PCI Slots

3 x Serial ATA (SATA) Slots

• Downvote 1

The link is fucked so I can't tell how it fares in terms of value for money.

But it's a decent machine, the on-board graphics card is a piece of shit so if you plan to game or something you will need an upgrade. (You will also need to check the power supply is good enough to handle a externally powered graphics card)

There is no operating system so I mean you can either buy or download or steal from work.. whatever.

If you are interested in making upgrades yourself in, some companies put thermal paste everywhere making it long to do anything yourself.

Thermal paste everywhere? On the cpu and chipset but why would there be thermal paste anywhere else? Also why would it make it difficult to upgrade? It scrapes off with a credit card / fluid.

Anyway the deal is OK not a mega deal, spec is decent but as said PSU is not mentioned and neither is the motherboard which could be why it's cheap.

The warranty is a killer as well: [3] Years 2 and 3 - return to base. Labour is free but any parts that are required are chargeable.

So it's only really got 1 year warranty.

If you have the spare cash and need a new PC it will do the job.

• Upvote 1

got the same cpu in my pc. that case is a piece of shit. hard drive/motherboard/psu/etc could be ANY shit brand. this in mind it might not be worth the p. however the cpu is one of the best you can get. pretty much top end of consumer CPUs. tbh for the money I would buy the parts and do it myself BUT then again a 2tb hard drive is mad p

i wouldnt personally. you should learn to build your own its simple enough.

no graphics card too... ull NEED one for games as someones already said...but if not and you just wanna watch films and stuff the onboard intel does it perfectly.

Thanks for the feedback,

Yeah agree with Tony think we need a computer parts thread might look into building my own pc. Be good fun and learning a new skill, put in sound cards and other boards when I was younger but never got into it proper. Looks like I will be paying a visit to the computer fare down stratford. Will make a thread later in the electronic den room.