Certain Bristol meow-meow guys are pissed..

Elementalism

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-15892016

Bristol arrest after mephedrone worth £1m found in car

_56944237_56944236.jpg

Avon and Somerset Police estimate the 50kg haul would have a street value of £1m to £1.25m

A driver has been arrested after more than £1m of the drug mephedrone was seized from a car in Bristol.

A silver BMW was stopped as it left the M5 at Cribbs Causeway on Thursday and 50kg of the illegal drug, also known as "meow meow", found in the car.

The arrested 41-year-old man remains in police custody.

A police spokesman estimated the haul to have a street value of 1m to £1.25m and said it showed there was still demand for the drug in the UK.

Last year, mephedrone was made a Class B substance after the decision was taken by the government to try to reduce its harm.

Previously it had been labelled as plant food or bath salts and sold as a so-called "legal high".

Paul Bunt, from Avon and Somerset Police, said that one of the most dangerous things about the drug was that little was known about its long-term effects.

:lol:

It's maaaaad how this drug came onto the scene. Come like the Chinese realized they could get payback for the Opium Wars and just flooded the country. Sneaky bastards.

What's the price per gram now? I know guys who were knocking out kilos back when I was in Brighton and they weren't paying much, maybe 300-400 for a box. Must be ten times that at least now. Prohibition put a LOT of money in certain people's pockets, one guy I know who was moving a lot (and doing a lot <_< ) has taken BARE holidays in the past few years.

Tried it once, burnt my nose and I felt a little happier - but only when I wasn't focussed on the burning inside my face. Meh.

Where the meow cats at?

• Upvote 1

this shit fucking stinks

• Downvote 1

It did its job, but I'd prefer not to touch it now.

I know people who have loads stocked up from the internet, paid around £2.50 a g, sell it at £20 cut now.

I swear MDMA is more freely available over the last 6 months than it was the 12 months preceding that? Mephedrone will die when the majority of students cross over to that.

• Upvote 1

It did its job, but I'd prefer not to touch it now.

I know people who have loads stocked up from the internet, paid around £2.50 a g, sell it at £20 cut now.

I swear MDMA is more freely available over the last 6 months than it was the 12 months preceding that? Mephedrone will die when the majority of students cross over to that.

yeah i was reading in the guardian that the chinese man are banging out MDMA in their factorys now so there is a huge supply out there. you will probably find a site selling it for 'medical research'

This is what I'm saying...

The Chinese are getting their revenge for the Opium Wars. These suppliers have the same capitalist motivation that the traders back in those days have, and the more intelligent ones will be trying their hardest to hustle. I think Hu Jintao will make the comparison publically if David Cameron ever calls him up on it. Queen Victoria aired a letter from Lin Zexu back in the day....Ever since that letter China has had an extremely negative view on drugs, and the death penalty is still common.

Check the full letter here