Depression

The Somalian

mum had bipolar, i say had because she has not shown the signs and behaviour she had when i was growing up til about 17, so for 5 nearly 6 years she has been on point and excelled so far in her life and career she is nothing but inspiration for me, she doesn't take any medication and hasn't for years, she did go to counselling a few years ago and also listened to and attended tony robbins seminars some of you may know of him, more great inspiration

but anyway I was a depressed child due to my upbringing and have battled through it without drugs using prayer, will power and talking

I still feel depressed sometimes but it is hard when I realise how worse my mum was and how normal she is now, not even normal she is better than normal and works harder than the average person which is why she has excelled so quickly and passed people by who had years ahead of her

I think bi-polar and all those different types of depression can be cured naturally without addictive prescription meds but you need willpower and a reason to fight the depression

I also know suicides, my uncle hung himself a couple years ago, he was living in NYC in the pharmaceutical industry earning big bucks, had everything, turns out he did something bad (not going into it) and couldn't live with the guilt, but again it shows happiness is the most important thing in life not money.

Good luck to anyone experiencing this, you can get over it, even the bad cases of it and I have seen and lived it, depression was my life for a good 8 years while growing up, power through

theres no cure for bipolar

u either just live with it or go on medication for live to regulate the phases, but it manifests differently to different people so theres hundreds of different medications, some dont need any, some take like 10 different pills a day

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Well there is a cure, don't let the doctors who get paid for you to be ill, tell you that you will always be ill, you are already taking the defeatist attitude that benefits the agenda of society, the mind is a powerful tool and I'm telling you now hand on my heart my mum doesn't have ups n downs, she is always up, or tired, but never down

• Upvote 3

home2.jpg

The picture speaks for it self

The thing is phonecharger, i see what your getting at but there most probably more happier then us. Look at there smiles.

hut_kitchen.jpg

thats a typical village kitchen

when u get home go and look at urs and compare

why wouldnt you be smiling too?

It's not as simple as that fam.

Material possessions don't keep you happy, why you think some women are addicted to shopping?

They go get new shoes, it gives them a lift but it doesn't last, some women have 200/300 shoes so that tells it's own story.

The pressures we have in this country to succeed are unlike what the people above will ever face so it brings it's own problem and stresses.

How they are living is how all our human ancestors were living 5,000 years ago.

There is nothing wrong with no abundance of technology or infrastructure, if anything we are more geared to live like that, what we have in the western world is a new construct of society and not everybody is coping.

I can bet you any money suicide rates are higher in the West than in the poorest places in Africa.

• Upvote 3

Anyone who uses the kids in Africa argument doesn't understand depression

If anything telling yourself there are ppl out there suffering will make you feel worse becos you know you are lucky yet still can't shake the clutches of depression

It is debilitating but can be managed and it gives you unique points of view. Any1 tried Xanax? Think it's more of an anti anxiety ting but still..

• Upvote 3

Been depressed for couple years still, since at least '04 when my mum got cancer. Bare fuckery has happened since then, brother got stabbed, couple years later dad got drunk (as he always has) and hit my mum, my brother ended up beating him up....Brother seems to have a drink problem, keeps getting into fights and has been in court twice over the last few years from drunk violence - never been shift, but he's got a charge recently that may stick and I'm bugging over it.

My family is so strong and so brilliant in many ways, sometimes I think I'm worrying over nothing. At the time most of this shit happened I was at uni and not really trying to focus on it - drink and drugs were me (and I didn't do drugs before Uni). Ended up fucking uni up royally (Brighton + Uni + Drugs and Depression = bad, m'kay) and have been feeling shit ever since.

Always been the peacemaker in my family, but recently my bro just seems to be going off the rails. He says he isn't depressed, but he drinks himself into states where he is pretty much another character. I wonder at times what our upbringing did to us both to make us act like we do.

Life is faaaacked.

• Upvote 1