Fernando Torres

CarltonLeach

I think Wenger should bid £25m for him in January.

1. He nearly joined us from Atletico

2. He nearly joined us from Liverpool

3. Wenger is a great admirer

4. Chelsea can consider a 50% loss on him as a good piece of business.

5. He would thrive in our system with RVP

6. We could still cash in on him for £10mill @ around 29/30

7. We could fund this deal through sales of Chamakh and Arshavin

8. Chelsea fans have given up on him

9. He looks a dud, increases our chances of signing him

What you think?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd take Torres back now, watching him I get the feeling he knows he fucked up and simply isn't enjoying himself at Chelsea.

He came from a club with a rich tradition and fanatical fans to another club in the same vein, now he's at Chelsea which couldn't be further away from what he's been used to.

I honestly believe if he came back to us or went to a club with a better tradition he'd start banging again, Wenger should try it cos there's been a few rumours that Abramovich is already looking to cut his losses and has even offered him back to us.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Shame about Marin. Do you mean he's playing shit or just same level and hasn't improved?

/

Someone open the damn transfer thread.

Reading some twitters about a Mexican being scooped up for next month. Tulse, how true is this.

Marin's career has stalled he is nowhere near the National team and I think a move away from Bremen will do him good

/

This is the same c*nt who supports Tottenham and Arsenal

• Upvote 1

Reading some twitters about a Mexican being scooped up for next month. Tulse, how true is this.

Arsene Wenger has insisted Arsenal are not interested in controversial Mexican midfielder Marco Fabian.

Chivas star Fabian's family insist in the Mexican press that he is on the brink of joining Arsenal in a £6m move in January.

Fabian even insists he wants a rivalry with Manchester United's Javier Hernandez in the Premier League.

But when asked if he was interested, Wenger said today: "No. It is just an agent who wants to sell a player."

Wenger - I doubt I’ll buy another striker

By Joe Brewin

Arsène Wenger says it is unlikely he will make a move for another striker in the January transfer window.

Wenger currently has three forwards at his disposal with Robin van Persie, Marouane Chamakh and Ju Young Park all vying for a starting place.

But despite the imminent loss of Chamakh to the Africa Cup of Nations, the Frenchman says he has no plans to bolster his squad.

"At the moment, I do nothing in January,” he said. “I have a big squad, but if you knock at my door and say 'I have a fantastic player for you', I will not turn it down.

"If we have no injuries, we should get away with it because we have Oxlade-Chamberlain, who can play there, Park, Arshavin and Van Persie. So we still have offensive players, but we could be a bit short if we have an injury.”

Chamakh has had to be patient this season, mainly due to the imperious form of Robin van Persie. Wenger was asked whether he would consider loaning the Moroccan but he has no plans to.

"It is a confidence issue [with Chamakh], but it is difficult to loan him now because of the African Nations Cup,” he said. “They come back in February, usually quite tired, so it is not easy.

"They need to go out two weeks before the tournament starts then it lasts two and a half weeks, then they need two weeks' recovery. So it is six weeks."

Wenger>>>

Loves to take the piss.