Week 14 - Premier League 11/12 & UCL

User

If you found Arsenal’s Champions League defeat to Olympiacos tonight a frustrating watch, spare a thought for Martin Angha.

The 17 year old defender, who has established himself as a Reserve regular this campaign, was due to make the trip to Greece with Arsene Wenger’s squad, but was unable to do so after finding out that he is not registered to play in the competition.

To be eligible for inclusion on the B List, on which an unlimited number of players can be named, an individual has to have lived in the country in which their club is based for at least two years. Angha’s anger was compounded by the fact that he missed the criteria by just two months, having moved to England in early 2010.

The irony of this situation is that, had Angha been included, Andre Santos would have most likely not have travelled and therefore would not have picked up an injury that could rule him out of the weekend’s Premier League game with Everton.

Nonetheless, Angha can take heart from the fact that he is firmly in Wenger’s thoughts. The Swiss youth international is predominantly a centre-back, but has increasingly played at left-back for Neil Banfield’s second-string, for whom he has made ten appearances so far this season, seven of them starts. A measure of his progress is that he hasn’t turned out for the under-18s this campaign and has trained with the first-team on several occasions.

The situation is similar to the one that saw Jay Emmanuel-Thomas travel to Olympiacos for the final game of the group stage two years ago only to find out that he wasn’t registered.

it's all about the result tonight, performance can take a back seat for all i care

good team with whats available, although i would have preferred Welbz upfront

qFkxA.jpg

Welbeck not fit enough to start. Only started training mid last week I think. No need to rush him, as we got a few games coming up and need him more for those, especially with the other strikers being out IMO.

Guest Portuguese

what was Jamie saying?

summat about the Prem being the best league in the world i bet 8-)

Kompany said something about its difficult to play back to back games(prem and champions league)

Gary Neville kind of agreed but Souness never then out of nowhere Redknapp starts talking about La Liga being weak then Souness shut him down telling him it's irrelevant.

Redknapp kept on saying 'yeah but' 'yeah but' (them ones there when your losing a discussion)

ha, yeah fair enough

reckon that team is good enough for a result anyways. hope Nani plays further forward too

Yeah would like to see Nani drift in towards centre and Park to take up his position wide when were attacking maybe? Drag their defenders around a bit. He will prob stay wide though and Park, Giggs join in around the box.

ha, yeah fair enough

reckon that team is good enough for a result anyways. hope Nani plays further forward too

Yeah would like to see Nani drift in towards centre and Park to take up his position wide when were attacking maybe? Drag their defenders around a bit. He will prob stay wide though and Park, Giggs join in around the box.

yeah i wouldnt mind that

and for all his faults Park is a good assist going back the other way