Week 14 - Premier League 11/12 & UCL

User

13Szczesny13 Wojciech Szczesny

You have to perform at your best every game when you play for big clubs and when De Gea is at his best he is UNREAL! Give him some time...

10 minutes ago

Wojciech-Szczesny-Arsenal_normal.jpg

I don't agree with De Gea criticism. He's potentially one of the best GK in the world but needs time to get his confidence at ManUtd!

18 minutes ago

He's right though, but after years of VDS it's gonna take time for United fans to realise that De Gea needs time.

Which further makes you question why Fergie is constantly rotating him.

/

CH5 about to make some nice money, can see Man City going all out to win it, squad is big/good enough to cope with the shitty fixture congestion.

Lol, if De Gea wasn't Spanish, he wouldn't be getting this much stick.

Nationality & price-tag has made him a lil' bit of a target.

When you play for a big club everything I'd magnified,

Potential, and faults,

Simple as that really,

Foster got loads of stick to, and last time I checked he was English, of course Mistakes are going to be highlighted,

He's young, and he's already shown enough in the shirt to show he'll be fine, he's still very young and learning about his own game, 10 years+ from his peak.

• Upvote 1

You have to perform at your best every game when you play for big clubs and when De Gea is at his best he is UNREAL! Give him some time...

10 minutes ago

Wojciech-Szczesny-Arsenal_normal.jpg

I don't agree with De Gea criticism. He's potentially one of the best GK in the world but needs time to get his confidence at ManUtd!

18 minutes ago

He's right though, but after years of VDS it's gonna take time for United fans to realise that De Gea needs time.

Which further makes you question why Fergie is constantly rotating him.

/

No idea, probably to take him out the firing line here and there. Although i'm sure if De Gea was older SAF would just let him ride it out.

OliverKayTimes Oliver Kay

Ferguson on Roy Keane's criticism of #MUFC youngsters: "Well, he's had opportunities to prove himself as a manager too"

SAF in totally missing the point shocker 8-)

the guy is in denial

wouldn't surprise me if he goes into total siege mode and battens down the hatches without addressing the obvious

The thing is though, who is more responsible. Man like De Gea who is a young goalkeeper after a big money move or man like Wayne "3rd best player in the world" Rooney who misses a sitter from 2 yards out?

Edit - Meant to say not even arguing with you Tronics, just saying in general.

yeah i agree Rooney has alot to answer for especially after the whole debacle with him putting in a transfer request, you'd think he'd want to take on more responsibility.

just to play devils advocate for a min, who in Rooney's tier (world class or there abouts) plays with that poor a team and still manages to put in big performances in big games?

i honestly can't think of any...

that's not to blame one person but it does illustrate our problems are alot bigger than it seems

Your devils advocate point hits the nail on the head tbh,

A team with the aspirations United have shouldn't be so reliant on so few,

This is why when Rooney was kicking up stink about lack of ambition he was right, would be interesting to see his thoughts now,

Rooney plays with an inferior team to Messi (for the last 3 seasons) and Ronaldo (this current season anyway), but I dont feel that that really has anything to do with his ability to play at a good enough level for a sustained period of time. Ive never seen Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Xavi, etc resemble pub footballers when things aren't going well, they just play slightly above average-to-average. Rooney on ther otherhand looks like he had a kebab and pints the night beofre a match and NOTHING goes for him (this has happened for months on end on more than one occasion). The point Im trying to make is that Rooney has been hailed by the press and majority of England football fans Pele, Maradona and Best combined since he was 16. On nights like this, if you are that guy you drag your team through whether it's as good as Real/Barca or not.

Maybe Im wrong? I honestly dunno :|

• Upvote 1

I'm just laughing.

I told man this is the worst Man Utd team I have seen in my lifetime and man were trying to argue.

Welbeck = the offensive Evans

Evans = the defensive Welbeck

These man cannot be putting on Man Utd shirts and stepping on the Old Trafford pitch, it is not levels.

We should snap up Alex and Anelka ASAP!

Toney never fails to make me lol

'United are a team in transition - they've lost players like Beckham, Roy Keane'

Gareth Southgate

alie i was just like : /

You didn't get his point he said 'They lost players like Keane, Becks and replaced them but now lost players like neville, scholes, vds and haven't managed to replace them'

Still harsh though considering it hasn't even been a full season yet

Fergie only has himself to blame, playing a weakened team in the earlier games. What the fuck was he thinking?

As I've said many times 'Ashley Young is not that guy'

• Upvote 1

this!

plus what the fuck does that have to do with tonights performance anways?

i swear this guy is trollin' :/

I ain't talking just about tonight.

We have too many mediocre players, I am just highlighting Welbeck because he is a forward and that is the crucial position.

To come through a big club as a forward you have to be special IMO.

He is average which says everything about this Sir Alex team in general.

cracking up at some of the comments in this thread.

Some good points being made by everyone bar Toney

Let's hope all gets addressed next summer

I've had enough talking about it tbh, pissing me off

you need to address it january tbh.

Why does he have to be a 'world beater'?

He will be a very, very good striker IMO, nothing more.

He will never get 20 goals a season.

Maybe he won't, but what if he does?

Would you admit that, you're wrong or would make up an excuse as to why he did it?

Has Campbell scored 20 goals a season yet?

If he does get 20 goals in 1 season course I will admit I was wrong.

Just can't see that happening unfortunately.

The guy is an athlete with astro turf blades on a grass pitch.

this!

plus what the fuck does that have to do with tonights performance anways?

i swear this guy is trollin' :/

I ain't talking just about tonight.

We have too many mediocre players, I am just highlighting Welbeck because he is a forward and that is the crucial position.

To come through a big club as a forward you have to be special IMO.

He is average which says everything about this Sir Alex team in general.

Toney you don't get it and I don't even know why I am getting into this with you because you can't debate. You think you're opinion is right, no matter what. Do you actually TAKE IN what the other person is saying before you move the goalposts? (I am talking in general here).

Welbeck is not the FINISHED article at 21, yet he has been scoring CRUCIAL GOALS this season in the, as you put it "CRUCIAL POSITION," yet he is still developing. He be just fine man. I'd rather a Welbeck who makes improvement on improvement until say 23/24, than a Saviola who peaked early and disappeared.

• Upvote 1

ive seen enough to see average touch and technique but good hunger and enthusiasm

decent premier league starters for the mid table fodder in years to come

im sorry but i thought united were meant to be in theupper echelons of european football...

This is what I'm saying.

I'm seeing better kids coming through in the Championship/League 1.