Three Arsenal Legends Honoured with Statues

TF S4DK

Preparations for Arsenal Football Club's 125th anniversary celebrations are gathering pace and we are delighted to announce that statues commemorating three legends in the Club's history will be officially unveiled on Friday 9th December.

The statues will be located in prominent positions outside Emirates Stadium, where fans will be able to remember and celebrate three individuals who have contributed so much to the successful history of the Club.

The unveiling of the three statues is forming part of our 125th anniversary celebrations, of which the focal point will be our home match against Everton the following day on Saturday, December 10.

The statues are another development in our ongoing programme to commemorate significant Arsenal moments, matches and individuals and make Emirates Stadium an inspiring place for us all.

The identities of the three legends will not be revealed until their statues are unveiled, but our Club photographers have been given another exclusive sneak peak of the statues in production, as they near their completion.

Arsenal will unveil statues of Herbert Chapman, Tony Adams and Thierry Henry to mark the club’s 125th anniversary this weekend.

The club have earmarked Friday for the official unveiling of the statues outside the Emirates Stadium as part of the club’s celebrations.

Chapman, who led the club to their first league titles in 1931 and 1933, Adams, who captained Arsenal to five league titles across three decades, and Henry, the club’s record goalscorer with 226, will be the men honoured.

When I saw these pics I thought the same, but having looked at more pics, it looks better from some of the other angles tbh.

/

article-2072146-0F1EBC2700000578-349_468x494.jpg

Thierry Henry paid an emotional tribute to Arsenal and his former team-mates after seeing himself immortalised in a bronze statue outside Emirates Stadium this afternoon.

The Gunners record goalscorer was one of three club legends to be honoured as part of their 125th anniversary celebrations, with former manager Herbert Chapman and also captain Tony Adams, who led Arsene Wenger's men to the Double twice, each receiving a similar tribute.

Henry left Arsenal for Barcelona in June 2007, where the Frenchman would go on to lift the Champions League before moving to the Major Soccer League in the United States with New York Red Bulls.

The 34-year-old, however, insists Arsenal will always remain in his heart.

"I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would have a statue like this in front of the stadium of the team I love and support," said Henry, who netted 226 goals as the Gunners won two Premier League titles and the FA Cup twice.

"The way the statue is gives the perfect example of the love I have for the club - me kneeling facing the Emirates Stadium and Highbury behind is amazing. I also have to thank the fans, you have always been special, and I always try to give my best, I know times it was not enough, but I always give it all out there on the field for you guys and the club. It is kind of weird to think of the amount of great players who have played for Arsenal, and for me to be right here, I have to say thanks to all of them, because I would not be able to be right there kneeling in front of this stadium, without them.

"Also, I must give a special thanks to my close friends....."

After taking a few moments to compose himself, Henry added: "I know some of the press used to kill me for not showing emotion - well, there you go, I am showing emotion for the club I love.

"Whatever I do, I do it with my heart, that is the way I am.

"It was not always easy to cope with the pressure of delivering, but from the bottom of my heart, I want to thank Arsenal Football Club for giving me this opportunity to be here in front of this club I love - once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

"Thank you from the bottom of my heart, but I played with some great players too and it would not have been possible without them."

Gunners boss Wenger had worked with Henry during their time at Monaco, and was instrumental in helping mould the French winger into one of the world's best players following his £11million move from Juventus in the summer of 1999.

Wenger hailed his former captain as the model professional.

"Thierry deserves the honour he gets today, and I am very proud to witness it," the Gunners boss said.

"His sensational career was down simply to Thierry's class. He is a player who had everything you dream of as a manager - physical potential, a technical level, super intelligence and what people also forget for many top level athletes, is he was dedicated to his job, with a very serious life.

"He is simply a model (professional) who won everything you can in our world - Thierry, you were really special."

That Henry video had me in tears.

What a player, we'll never see a striker with a greater connection with the ball in our life times

He had everything.

I still believe his greatest goal was v Madrid.

The definition of Braveheart, Galileo, Colombos - a one man mission, 10 men who let blood sweat and tears at the Bernabeau and one man who drove the ship, it was single handedly the greatest individual performance.

That video you can see how he improves from a striker into a complete centre forward, amazing

FUCK, makes me sad seeing Chamakh, Bendtner, Adebayor, Eduardo lead our line in recent years.

Would like to also say that what made that era great for Arsenal fans is you knew going into the match there werent 1 single defender on the earth who could stop Henry

You knew he could score from any angel at any time, and was urging him to do so! and he delivered 9 times out of 10

You went into the match not looking for 3 points (they were pretty much garanteed) but you was just anticipating a moment of brilliance and he delivered them moments every game

Oh how I regret taking them times for granted now.

He was the best and is the best striker this game has ever seen, sorry but not even all this Ronaldo, Messi, Pele lark is doing it for me.

He redefined the rule book on the art of goal scoring, redesigned the role of a complete striker, he created the concept of playing right sided players on left flanks and visa versa and brought the whole concept of running into the channels and took the paramaters for a top striker to another level which hasn't been matched to date