BLACK AUTHOR WINS THE MATRIX COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT CASE

MARLO STANSFIELD

Was told about the story being stolen from this woman a while ago but didn't really know about it other than from one source

http://www.brandnewz.com/?p=3702

good news tbh

This little known story has met a just conclusion, as Sophia Stewart, African American author of The Matrix will finally receive her just due from the copyright infringement of her original work!!!

A six-year dispute has ended involving Sophia Stewart, the Wachowski Brothers, Joel Silver and Warner Brothers. Stewart’s allegations, involving copyright infringement and racketeering, were received and acknowledged by the Central District of California, Judge Margaret Morrow presiding.

Stewart, a New Yorker who has resided in Salt Lake City for the past five years, will recover damages from the films, The Matrix I, II and III, as well as The Terminator and its sequels.

sophia.lawrence.jpg

She will soon receive one of the biggest payoffs in the history of Hollywood, as the gross receipts of both films and their sequels total over 2.5 billion dollars. Stewart filed her case in 1999, after viewing the Matrix, which she felt had been based on her manuscript, ‘The Third Eye,’ copyrighted in 1981. In the mid-eighties Stewart had submitted her manuscript to an ad placed by the Wachowski Brothers, requesting new sci-fi works..

According to court documentation, an FBI investigation discovered that more than thirty minutes had been edited from the original film, in an attempt to avoid penalties for copyright infringement. The investigation

also stated that ‘credible witnesses employed at Warner Brothers came forward, claiming that the executives and lawyers had full knowledge that the work in question did not belong to the Wachowski Brothers.’ These

witnesses claimed to have seen Stewart’s original work and that it had been ‘often used during preparation of the motion pictures..’ The defendants tried, on several occasions, to have Stewart’s case dismissed, without success.

Stewart has confronted skepticism on all sides, much of which comes from Matrix fans, who are strangely loyal to the Wachowski Brothers. One on-line forum, entitled Matrix Explained has an entire section devoted to Stewart. Some who have researched her history and writings are open to her story.

Others are suspicious and mocking. ‘It doesn’t bother me,’ said Stewart in a phone interview last week, ‘I always knew what was true.’Some fans, are unaware of the case or they question its legitimacy, due to

the fact that it has received little to no media coverage. Though the case was not made public until October of 2003, Stewart has her own explanation, as quoted at aghettotymz.com :

‘The reason you have not seen any of this in the media is because Warner Brothers parent company is AOL-Time Warner…. this GIANT owns 95 percent of the media… let me give you a clue as to what they own in the media business… New York Times papers/magazines, LA Times papers/magazines, People Magazine, CNN news, Extra, Celebrity Justice, Entertainment Tonight, HBO, New Line Cinema, DreamWorks, Newsweek, Village Roadshow and many, many more! They are not going to report on themselves. They have been suppressing my case for years.’ Fans who have taken Stewart’s allegations seriously, have found eerie mythological parallels, which seem significant in a case that revolves around the highly metaphorical and symbolic Matrix series. Sophia, the Greek goddess of wisdom has been referenced many times in speculation about Stewart. In one book about the Goddess Sophia, it reads, ‘The black

goddess is the mistress of web creation spun in her divine matrix.’Although there have been outside implications as to racial injustice (Stewart is African American), she does not feel that this is the case. ’This is all about the Benjamins,’ said Stewart. ‘It’s not about money with me. It’s about justice

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

She didn't get nothing, it's a famous rumour that seems to keep coming back around.

That doesn't mean she didn't come up with the idea, she probably did - but she missed her window of opportunity from what I can gather online. I wouldn't put it past Hollywood types to pull a crab move like this. If she submitted scripts for sci-fi stuff to the Wachowski's (sp?) then they should have credited her.

Skeptical, in an open minded way if that makes sense.

I always thought when I was watching the Matrix that IF the Matrix was real then the best way to present the truth would be via the medium of film. Especially if the audience is told that what they see in the movies is not real. Perhaps the Matrix was made by the machines to keep us from questioning our reality too much..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Question

Does the fact that shes black bear any relevance?

It is so regularly forgotten the accomplishments of black people, I'm disappointed when a black person asks a question like this.

Its important the the person, and its important to the people that would wish to follow in her footsteps as having someone of the same ethnic background to look up to.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Question

this is the type of question a white woman chasing bootlicking negro would ask, the user named "im broke" was spot on, the O.J avi does suit you.

Question

It is so regularly forgotten the accomplishments of black people, I'm disappointed when a black person asks a question like this.

Its important the the person, and its important to the people that would wish to follow in her footsteps as having someone of the same ethnic background to look up to.

BINGO

I don't even know what to make of it. Too many conflicting stories.

I don't care if ppl believe me or not but I've always thought a black person was behind the matrix films although everything about it was white. I don't know how to articulate what I mean but the fact that there were so many strong & powerful characters who weren't playing the usual negative parts most black characters play in most major films that's not predominantly black is the main reason.

• Downvote 1

I don't even know what to make of it. Too many conflicting stories.

I don't care if ppl believe me or not but I've always thought a black person was behind the matrix films although everything about it was white. I don't know how to articulate what I mean but the fact that there were so many strong & powerful characters who weren't playing the usual negative parts most black characters play in most major films that's not predominantly black is the main reason.

eh, surely If they were interested in racially profiling the characters they would have just made the characters you're talking about white?

Marlo would you have posted this if she weren't Black?

I swear you actually annoy me. An old, typing, lurking, fucking hypocrite.

Also Goddaz wtf are you on about mate?

I swear you lot are a fucking joke to everything you claim to stand for...

Ok cleearly he wouldnt have posted if the woman wasnt black, but the reason for this is quite simple and very easy to understand.

Him, Goddaz, myself and people of our ilk really dont give a fuck about the issues of other races. If it aint got fuck all to do with us then we aint in it.

I thought that was obvious really.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Question

this is the type of question a white woman chasing bootlicking negro would ask, the user named "im broke" was spot on, the O.J avi does suit you.

Question

BINGO

Bit weird tbh surely your son sees you as more of a role model than this random american black woman?

when white people/bootlicking negroes get mad that I do not want to sing kumbaya with them volume 938473857387483

in answer to your question its an obvious NO because if it aint black I tend to not really give a shit about it as I do not feel the direct connection to it just like most white people didnt care about gun/knife crime and gangs until THEIR children started to get caught up in it, sorry but in my world black comes first everyone else usually gets the sloppy seconds as far as my attention and caring is concerned UNLESS its someone who is indeed not black BUT I know and check for on an individual level because we get along or I grew up with them.

Get used to the fact that I do not give a damn about certain people I can live with this if it goes both ways I'm not one of them "we are the world" united colours of benetton guys.

I swear you actually annoy me. An old, typing, lurking, fucking hypocrite.

Also Goddaz wtf are you on about mate?

I swear you lot are a fucking joke to everything you claim to stand for...

Ok cleearly he wouldnt have posted if the woman wasnt black, but the reason for this is quite simple and very easy to understand.

Him, Goddaz, myself and people of our ilk really dont give a fuck about the issues of other races. If it aint got fuck all to do with us then we aint in it.

I thought that was obvious really.

they want us to chase white chicks and drink with them fam this kind of thing makes them uneasy.