General Boxing Thread

Sinister

On now

Swings after the bell ?

Woooo

Joshua swinging when man is on his knees you know

Street fighter

That's cos he's fighting journeymen bums.

Chisora I'm not sure how much he has left now, although if he takes Joshua past round 5 I think he'd be in with a chance. I got serious doubts bout ajs stamina.

I hate the way matchroom over hype their fighters "This guy is a nailed on world champ" etc. How can you make them claims when man ain't even fought a solid domestic level opponent?

/

In other news, Kelly brook - Frankie Gavin is looking likely. I expect a mismatch.

Chisora I'm not sure how much he has left now, although if he takes Joshua past round 5 I think he'd be in with a chance. I got serious doubts bout ajs stamina.

I hate the way matchroom over hype their fighters "This guy is a nailed on world champ" etc. How can you make them claims when man ain't even fought a solid domestic level opponent?

/

In other news, Kelly brook - Frankie Gavin is looking likely. I expect a mismatch.

Chisora has worse Stamina lol. Don't think he can take himself past round 5

/

Chisora has worse Stamina lol. Don't think he can take himself past round 5

Disagree. Del has proved he can go the distance with top level guys before. Whereas AJ is still an unknown quantity in that sense. He seems too muscle bound to me which may cause him to tire late. I could imagine him being a bit like Bruno in that sense. Only time will tell I guess.

Any of you seen nz heavyweight Joseph Parker? A fight with him and Joshua could be a good fight in the future.

JACK, from what I have seen of Josh over the years (way before he was hype - shout out my Finchley nigs) he has never faltered at any level. World class will be no different.

Your analysis is based on nothing.

We'll see

I think you're working on the naive assumption that he will ever be involved in a 50/50 fight before he's won a world title.

JACK, from what I have seen of Josh over the years (way before he was hype - shout out my Finchley nigs) he has never faltered at any level. World class will be no different.

Your analysis is based on nothing.

We'll see

I think you're working on the naive assumption that he will ever be involved in a 50/50 fight before he's won a world title.
My initial post wasn't really an analysis, more speculation. The guys obviously a real talent and what he achieved in the amateurs in such a short period of time was nothing short of remarkable.

However, right now I don't buy all this 'nailed on world champ' talk the likes of Eddie hearn spout. If I see him destroy a guy like Tony Thompson, then I'll fully buy into the hype.

And then you got his senile old man barry saying wild shit like AJ has a better jab than Holmes, is faster than Ali and has more power than earnie shavers, which to me takes credibility from matchroom's boasts.

Before I start to believe bold statements like 'nailed on world champ' I generally like to see some of these things: they beat a top ranked opponent, show they can go the 12 round distance/can get a stoppage in the latter stages of a fight, and have a solid chin/defense against a higher level of opposition than Joshua is facing.

But yeah maybe you're right and I'm being naive to assume they would stick him in against a real opponent before he fights for a world title.

• Upvote 2

Precisely.

Professional boxing is a con mate. The best hardly ever fight the best unless it makes complete financial sense for all involved (which it rarely does). 

Things ARE getting better in the UK, and in my opinion (being involved in the boxing scene to some degree) Eddie Hearn is at the forefront of that improvement.