General Boxing Thread

Sinister

6 hours ago, Wavant said:

Image result for principal skinner pathetic

I don't mind AJ fighting Povetkin, we all know Joshua's not ready yet, Wilder did well to get this far tryna flush AJ/Hearn out cos they definitely didn't want that fight before Wilder started screaming for it.

Still hoping that fight can get made as the one directly after.

Tyson Fury RETURNS TO WBC RATINGS, eligible (CBP enrolled) for Deontay Wilder VOLUNTARY TITLE SHOT

PHIL JAY

05 JULY 2018

CREDIT: STACEY VERBEEK

TYPOGRAPHY

MEDIUM

READING MODE

SHARE THIS

As WBN revealed last week, Tyson Fury is now in a voluntary position to fight Deontay Wilder by early 2019 following the WBC's decision to rate the former world champion.

World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman informed WBN that the rejuvenated Fury was on his mind for a return to the WBC Rankings in June.

Prior to Fury absence, the WBC had placed the 29 year-old in the top ten, and 'The Gypsy King' has returned at number seven pending his inclusion in the WBC Clean Boxing Program.

Winning a comeback fight against Sefer Seferi following a 31-month absence is seen as worthy of a placing in the voluntary section of the WBC ratings, with Fury to return to action on August 18. Fury is set for a small step up from Seferi under the guidance of promoter Frank Warren.

It won't be until the end of 2018 until Fury targets ranked opponents though, meaning any possible shot at WBC ruler Deontay Wilder would have to wait until 2019.

Recently calling out Wilder on the back of failed negotiations between the American and Anthony Joshua, Fury unrealistically stated he'd be willing to sign for a fight this year.

"Knock on my door (Wilder) and I promise I’ll answer. I’m the real heavyweight champion, so if you want some I'll give it to you."

WBN then aksed Sulaiman whether a Wilder challenge could happen imminently, the WBC boss was optimistic about Fury's future with the organization.

"Tyson Fury came back after a long layoff and won a fight this month of June, so he could very well be back in the WBC ratings," Sulaiman exclusively told World Boxing News before Fury's inclusion to the WBC fold.

"Fury is a proven sensational fighter and would make a great fight against WBC champion Deontay Wilder," he added. 

Below are the Top 40 WBC ratings for July as Dillian Whyte remains number with the organization despite Dominic Breazeale being mandatory challenger. 

1 Dillian Whyte (Jamaica/GB) SILVER
2 Dominic Breazeale (US)
3 Alexander Povetkin (Russia)
4 Luis Ortiz (Cuba)
5 Tony Bellew (GB)
6 Joseph Parker (New Zealand)
7 Tyson Fury (GB) * CBP/P
8 Charles Martin (US)
9 Adam Kownacki (US)
10 Agit Kabayel (Germany) EBU
11 Dereck Chisora (GB)
12 Hughie Fury (GB) BBB C * CBP/P
13 Oscar Rivas (Colombia/Canada) NABF
14 Carlos Takam (Cameroon)
15 Bermane Stiverne (Haiti/Canada)
16 Andy Ruiz Jr. (Mexico)
17 Mariusz Wach (Poland)
18 Johann Duhaupas (France)
19 Bryant Jennings (US)
20 Kyotaro Fujimoto (Japan) OPBF
21 Trevor Bryan (US)
22 Sergey Kuzmin (Russia)
23 Marco Huck (GB)
24 Tomas Adamek (Poland)
25 Robert Helenius (Finland)
26 Lucas Browne (Australia)
27 Gerald Washington (US)
28 Daniel Dubois (GB) YOUTH
29 Joe Joyce (GB) COMM
30 Simon Kean (Canada) FRANCOPHONE
31 Nathan Gorman (GB) INTL Silver
32 Artur Szpilka (Poland)
33 Filip Hrgovic (Croatia)
34 Tom Schwarz (Germany)
35 Otto Wallin (Sweden)
36 Michael Hunter (US)
37 Tyrone Spong (Surinam) LATINO
38 Izuagbe Ugonoh (Poland)
39 Tony Yoka (France)
40 Tshibuabua Kalonga (Congo/Germany) ABU

Phil Jay is Editor of World Boxing News. Follow on Twitter @PhilDJay

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2018070524529/news/tyson-fury-returns-to-wbc-ratings-eligible-for-deontay-wilder-voluntary-title-shot

• 2 weeks later...