General Boxing Thread

Sinister

The WBC are saying that if garcia dont fight khan (his mandatory) by June 2016 he's getting stripped of his title so that's it really.

IMO khan makes way more fighting brook in wembley than garcia in the US and its the fight id rather be watching.

I'm also of the opinion that if khan tried to out point garcia he'd cruise comfortably to victory. Same with brook obvs.

But khan is an idiot. We know this. More than likely garcia makes him spin around like a merry go and then he continues to duck/try extort brook.

Out of either fear or extreme disdain.

Just see he was mandatory.

But also see Garcia's dad say he didn't want that fight again.

Yeah definitely makes more p fighting Brook but imo the demand for that fight doesn't disappear, next June it can still happen.

Fight Garcia if you lose again, bar maybe a fight with Broner, it makes the Vegas thing dead for you.

Fight Brook, you make a lot of p. Win or lose, retire or try chasing the UAE fight payday too.

Looks to have lost a lot of weight

What a fassy ?

@AmirKhan Delighted to announce i will be fighting @Canelo May 7th Cinco De Mayo, Las Vegas for the 155lbs @WBCBoxing title!

Mad

Guillermo Rigondeaux reportedly returning March 12 in UK, facing Jazza d*ckens

Guillermo Rigondeaux will face British super bantamweight champion Jazza d*ckens in March.

Guillermo Rigondeaux will be back in the ring on March 12, as the Cuban pound-for-pound contender and top super bantamweight will face James "Jazza" d*ckens on the Terry Flanagan-Derry Mathews undercard in Liverpool.

Rigondeaux (16-0, 10 KO) has had a rough time finding fights the last two years, ever since his defeat of Nonito Donaire to become the top dog at 122 pounds in the summer of 2013. Since then, he's fought four times, beating Joseph Agbeko on HBO, Sod Kokietgym in Macau, Hisashi Amagasa in Japan, and Drian Francisco last November on the Cotto-Canelo card, which was his first fight with new promoter Roc Nation.

Tyson Fury has claimed a sheikh in Dubai offered to host his world heavyweight title rematch with Wladimir Klitschko aboard a yacht in a bout that could have been worth $120m.

Fury is contractually obliged to face Klitschko again after ending the Ukrainian’s near 10-year reign as world champion last November and says “there are five possible venues” for later this year.

2294.jpg?w=460&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

While Wembley and Croke Park in Dublin as well as locations in Germany, Abu Dhabi and Qatar have been discussed, the WBA and WBO champion claimed he had received an extraordinary proposal by an unnamed sheikh to hold the fight on his yacht amid a media blackout.

According to the 27-year-old, the showdown would only be available to 120 audience members, each paying $1m for a ticket.

“There are five possible venues. I’m hoping it’s not going to go back to Germany. I’d rather go to Abu Dhabi or Qatar than there,” he told the Daily Telegraph. “We even had negotiations to have it on a cruise ship. There was a sheikh in Dubai who owned a yacht which would fit only 120 people on.

“He didn’t want to broadcast the fight anywhere and he said he could sell 120 tickets at $1m each, so that would have been $120m. He wanted to have an exclusive heavyweight championship of the world fight with no TV station, with just those 120 people watching.

“He didn’t say how much I would get, but I probably would have had the biggest half of the $120m – so I was all for it. I don’t think it’s possible now, but it would have been an epic story.”

However, Fury has cast doubt on the fight even going ahead and suggested he may walk away from the sport altogether. The Briton, who has threatened to retire in the past, told BBC Radio 5 live: “I’m struggling to get motivated.

“I could walk away. I could just sail into the sunset unbeaten with all the belts and live a normal life. All that I would be boxing for is money and I always thought to myself I never want to let sport become about money.”

These Sheikh's...

Kevin Mitchell Retired.

David Haye will face unknown Kosovan Arnold Gjergjaj in the second fight of his comeback on 21 May at the O2 Arena.

Britain's Haye, 35, beat Australia's Mark de Mori with a first-round stoppagein January after a three-and-a-half-year absence from the ring.

"I said from the start I want to fight regularly and get some momentum back in my career," said Haye.

He also said 10% of ticket money will be donated to boxer Nick Blackwell, who is currently in an induced coma.

Blackwell was found to have a small bleed on the brain after being stopped in Saturday's British middlewight title defence against Chris Eubank Jr.

Haye's opponent Gjergjaj has won all 29 of his contests but only one of those have been staged outside Switzerland, where the 31-year-old heavyweight lives.

Hayes raking in that promotion p for fighting these nobodies.

Kell brook calling out golovkin 

That could actually be an interesting fight.

In what sense lol

Brook would get tucked in