Arsenal Jan Transfer Window

gemma

Thought I would start the thread since it's nearly that time

Chamakh has given an interview on french TV where he says that he wants to leave june

telefoot_TF1 Frédéric Calenge

Chamakh : "On ne peut qu'accepter cette concurrence avec un joueur comme Van Persie" #Téléfoot #Arsenal (cc : @Persie_Official)

Chamakh : "Je ne partirai pas au mois de janvier. Décision importante en juin" #Téléfoot #Arsenal

Chamakh : "J'ai 27 ans. Besoin de jouer, je ne pourrai pas rester comme ça éternellement" #Téléfoot #Arsenal

Chamakh : "Retour en France ? Ce serait Bordeaux. Je suis attaché à ce club" #Téléfoot #Arsenal #Girondins

Translates to

I can't accept this competition w/a player like RvP. Return to France? If so, it will be to Bordeaux. I'm 27 and I wanna play and can't be like this forever.

tumblr_lvx66vR1tl1qe43d8o2_500.jpg

In other news he was apparently at Club Luxx on Friday night before the game.

“I’m 27. I need to play. I cannot stay like this forever.”

When asked if he would consider a move back to France, the striker was unequivocal when it came to naming his preferred destination.

“It would be Bordeaux. I am committed to this club.”

In spite of his current frustration at being consigned to the role of a reserve, Chamakh insisted that he will not push for a move during next month’s transfer window.

"I will not leave in January,” he stated. “ important decision in June.”

Who thats very good wants to join Arsenal to be captain van Persie's back-up tho?

It's always gonna be a younger, or a pro looking to play for a higher profile club and they work out 50/50.

Our current ex-younger (Bendtner) thinks he's better than van Persie and thinks he wasn't given a chance, smh.

Chamakh, isn't saying I ain't good enough I gotta leave, he's saying I want to play and not waste my best years on the bench.

Based on performances these two should be grateful their career has Arsenal in it.

Eduardo was playing in Croatia and even without the leg break, the formation change and van Persie staying fit would have had him too wanting to leave.

Park is basically here for his final European swansong.

and then that leaves just Benik Afobe (our new younger) and Walcott moving inside.

We dont need someone "very good" though..

We need someone that can offer us something off the bench and that can step up/chip in if/when RVP is injured/needs a rest.

That is not Chamakh(or Park). We are just giving guys big time careers with NO return.

Chamakh did that in his initial spell tho.

Since then it comes like he thinks fuck it while RvP is fit, no matter what it will still be - train, bench, train, off bench in 70th minute, train, bench, Carling Cup, train, bench, etc...

At least he knows he aint seeing Robin, unlike Nicklas who thinks he can and thats great until you see him play & do fuck all.

The gap between RVP and our other strikers is pretty ridculous. Dunno if Wenger generally thought Nick and Cham had the potential to GOOD PLAYERS or if he generally fucked up. We don't play to either players strengths while infact our whole style probably plays to their weakness's. We play a system with a central striker, that require the atrributes of being dynamic and technically competent, with good strength, good hold up play, excellent first touch and close control.

Its like Wenger brought helicopters and expected/hoped they'd keep up with a fighter jet

• Upvote 2

I guess the way Wenger sees it is that hes got Wilshere coming back soon and if he gets another competent striker they are going to expect to play along side RVP not be his backup, which in that case they will end up having like a 10 minute cameo at the end of the game or only play non crucial/cup games

A competent striker is not going to settle for that

theres also the matter that Wenger will have to drop 2 of his current regulars to accommodate both Wilshere and this new striker, im sure he thinks dropping 1 is bad enough as it is

Then we got the likes of Arshavin/Rosicky who can both play in support and they are expecting to play rather than rot away on the bench considering their age, so theres that dilema

With the current new crop slowly coming through Ox/Ryo/Coq/Frim it was always expected that Walcott would naturally play higher up the pitch, but of course he is not making the necessary steps to do this and has been less than convincing adopting that role.

lastly what of park.......?

This Jan is going to be interesting

Wenger speaking on Joann Gorcuff who we've been linked with in recent times.

"He is a player I like a lot and I believe people have been very critical towards him in France," Wenger told Canal+."However, we won't be in the winter market for any midfield positions considering that our players are back from injuries."

/

Some rumours of a Nigerian summer tour. Not sure how credible that is at the moment but we'll see.