Contractors

Swiftie

doesnt apply only IT contractors. umbrella is less stress, working out your income can be long.

unless you have a good friend as an accountant or are very clued up on it, to be limited.

i once used limited, but chinaman has UK tax laws on lock...so we used an accountant even though employed technically

doesnt apply only IT contractors. umbrella is less stress, working out your income can be long.

unless you have a good friend as an accountant or are very clued up on it, to be limited.

i once used limited, but chinaman has UK tax laws on lock...so we used an accountant even though employed technically

No you're right, I was thinking IT at the time so topic title changed.

How much is your accountant taking for keeping your books?

At the time I was paying £230 a month for an accountant. Some bump ting but it was a small amount relative to what I was getting. Deffo should of made more use out of the opportunity I had with them accountants to learn about it they were unbelievably clued up.

Ltd company all the way. Some of the tax loopholes are ridiculous, something an umbrella cannot offer

Had to go back to full time due to circumstances but looking to get back into contracting real soon

Depends how much you make really.

I was with umbrella before i got my perm, hardly payed any tax classed it all as expenses.

Only thing that came out was N.I and student loan really.

What was the % of the umbrella's take?

See at 3.5 ~ 4K a month.. The thought of an umbrela fleecing their rate would definitely irate me.

All I'm umbrella companies charge diff amounts for their service so that's a factor

I've been with Giant and Parasol, Paraaol by far the better. Online portal makes submitting time sheets easy, you can claim loads without a receipt and also do thingsclikeadvance and insurance etc

(null)

See parasol's charges a bit higher than most companies at 27.50 a week. How much was Giant?

All I'm umbrella companies charge diff amounts for their service so that's a factor

I've been with Giant and Parasol, Paraaol by far the better. Online portal makes submitting time sheets easy, you can claim loads without a receipt and also do thingsclikeadvance and insurance etc

(null)

See parasol's charges a bit higher than most companies at 27.50 a week. How much was Giant?

They are high, however because you can claim so much without a receipt you can offset that along with tax

£15 per day food

£45 per day hotel stay

£20 per day for hotel meal

Giant was about £15 i think, was years ago I was with them.

I like the service Parasol provide also, customer service is on point. Alot of online facilites.

• 2 weeks later...

They are high, however because you can claim so much without a receipt you can offset that along with tax

£15 per day food

£45 per day hotel stay

£20 per day for hotel meal

Giant was about £15 i think, was years ago I was with them.

I like the service Parasol provide also, customer service is on point. Alot of online facilites.

Hhmmm might fux with Parasol and see how it is. PM me your name/username so I can use you as a referral on registration :)

I went from IT contract to FT. Currently in the negotiation process of a new full time contract

Joined my place at the right time because they are putting in a new pay scheme within a year and the progression levels and money involved is better than it was before.

In an ideal world contracting is better in terms of money in most cases but looking at the job climate now really I'm looking to make it full time for the time being. I will most definitely go Ltd in the future when/if I do contract in future.

I know senior contractors on £250-£400 a day - quite a bit of it gets taken from agencies - at least 20%. Madness tbh.

TBH IT is always needed and pretty stable especially the Operations side. All businesses require it.

Unless a really good 45k + perm role comes about, I dont see myself going to perm for a good while.

Love my holidays, cars, clothes, technology, restaruants too much and still enough to do all that and stack for the penthouse in New Kingston

• Upvote 1

I went from IT contract to FT. Currently in the negotiation process of a new full time contract

Joined my place at the right time because they are putting in a new pay scheme within a year and the progression levels and money involved is better than it was before.

In an ideal world contracting is better in terms of money in most cases but looking at the job climate now really I'm looking to make it full time for the time being. I will most definitely go Ltd in the future when/if I do contract in future.

I know senior contractors on £250-£400 a day - quite a bit of it gets taken from agencies - at least 20%. Madness tbh.

In my case I'm going the other way with my current employer on the sheer fact that the work is and has ALWAYS been available ala Mr Gayle.

Shout out to my OPS and Infrastructure danz :)

Going from bussing my ass 9-10hrs a day taking in the wage, to doing what the majority of the man are doing and making a killing on their per hour billing. :|

In my case I'm going the other way with my current employer on the sheer fact that the work is and has ALWAYS been available ala Mr Gayle.

Going from bussing my ass 9-10hrs a day taking in the wage, to doing what the majority of the man are doing and making a killing on their per hour billing. :|