Caribbean restaraunts shooting themsleves in the foot ?

Guest petercrotch

not gonna lie, i been felt like that with just eat 

just eat just has that kinda aura when you no the shops listed on there are all sleezy etc etc

but when you step in your house, belly rumbling and its 4am after a rave.... you gotta fire up that justeat app

if only deliveroo went to those hours fffs

18 hours ago, underwriter said:

not gonna lie, i been felt like that with just eat 

just eat just has that kinda aura when you no the shops listed on there are all sleezy etc etc

but when you step in your house, belly rumbling and its 4am after a rave.... you gotta fire up that justeat app

if only deliveroo went to those hours fffs

I spoke to a guy who works for them during the summer. They're basically gonna start competing w Just Eat by offering the same service (letting their partner restaurants do delivery). They're also gonna start a subscription service for unlimited free delivery (Amazon Prime style).

On 10/17/2018 at 11:14 PM, SLEAZE BALL said:

Never ordered from just eat

stricktly Deliveroo or uber eats

something about just eat always made me feel like it was a cowboy operation

this is how you know all the beaurocracy is just there to make £

0 rated u know

how the fuck are they even open after getting a 0 hygiene rating?

This. 

They make me feel uneasy, not really surprised by this news.

cottons on curtain road is delightful 

but i believe they are a white owned franchise 

all of the employees are white - bar the chefs (sneaky ) 

i was there yesterday and i wondered to myself imagine a turkish/chinese/ indian/italian  restaurant with only  black employees - we would walk out on the grounds of authenticity and disregard the esatblishment as some sheg place 

yet we can happily munch in cottons with no black employees/ waiters or owners just the chef

i admit im a hypocrite as im not going to lie, i may definitely attend Cottons once again because of the food and location 

its mad how we let people in all the time and its ok 

i.e bagel king, cottons , hair shops 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JOHN DOE said:

i was there yesterday and i wondered to myself imagine a turkish/chinese/ indian/italian  restaurant with only  black employees - we would walk out on the grounds of authenticity and disregard the esatblishment as some sheg place 

yet we can happily munch in cottons with no black employees/ waiters or owners just the chef

i admit im a hypocrite as im not going to lie, i may definitely attend Cottons once again because of the food and location 

Black people on social media too busy chatting shit about all sorts, no one addressing these issues... some times I wonder if Carribean people conveniently ignore certain things but literally fixate on inconsequential nonsense like ‘colourism’?

when the East African population gradually gets bigger in England we will be seeing more African restaurants cooking indian food because loads of East Aff food is Indian in origin and East Aff people are business minded.

• Upvote 1

It’s not about ‘let people in’! That is such a childish and silly perspective. Focus on yourself and your own family building a business instead of worrying about ‘let people in’ smh ??‍♂️ 

/

Handsworth in Birmingham, Longsight and Rusholme in Manny and Pitsmoor in Sheffield are perfect examples of ‘hoods’ where Carribeans and Pakistanis have been living side by side for decades, but in 2018 the Pakistanis are the only ones who can logically claim ‘ownership’ of the area, the Jamaicans might chat shit from a road perspective but that means nothing in the real world lol 

On 10/22/2018 at 11:38 AM, ag. said:

Black people on social media too busy chatting shit about all sorts, no one addressing these issues... some times I wonder if Carribean people conveniently ignore certain things but literally fixate on inconsequential nonsense like ‘colourism’?

when the East African population gradually gets bigger in England we will be seeing more African restaurants cooking indian food because loads of East Aff food is Indian in origin and East Aff people are business minded.

point to one that exists currently since there are loads of east Africans in the country already.  we wait with baited breath o business guru

On 10/22/2018 at 11:28 AM, JOHN DOE said:

What did we let bagel king into? 

39 minutes ago, cambridgebanteer said:

I'm sorry I can't get down with east african food, wtf is that giant pancake im supposed to scoop curry off with my hands. And the taste is just the same as indian food.There's no gap in the market for east african food

nonsense ??‍♂️

12 minutes ago, dayomesaydayo said:

Not gonna lie one of my somali dons offered me some banana and rice the other day with what looked like some meat curry had to refuse and say i just ate a pizza.

Plantain and rice is cool but real banana!!!

cant do it.

/

Is it true that some east africans eat raw beef and chicken??

Raw beef is a delicacy in et so i hear

How was the banana cooked tho?

This Mauritian showed me about green banana an lentil curry so i made it. Dont know why i didn't expect a banana-ee flavoured curry.