Caribbean restaraunts shooting themsleves in the foot ?

Guest petercrotch

Captain p its not just about food with restaurants. When u sell food from another culture, u are also selling the experience of that world. The people, traditions, wonders etc. Why would barry take kerry to an african restarant when he sees on tv africans begging for food everyday, donate two pounds a month. Why would he eat their food, fuck it what food? Yes he would generalise because that what he see and africa is one big country to him and pl in the west don't really know the other side. Ffs pl here go to ghana to look at slave monuments. Caribs have an advantage tbh

• Upvote 1

Someone should create a badman chain of take-away 'restaurants'.

I swear down give your mum that cooks that amazing food something to do from home.

Make a nice website. Get your staff in shape and make sure none of everything thats being complained on here goes on.

You could do it from home!

I've been wishing a place like this existed since Uni times. Caribbean take-away for the middle classes.

There's one shop in Barking where the lady's actually quite nice. Free plantain more time!

BUT You never really get that home-cooked taste you hope for though man

Went to one Somalian place the other day. Actually boom you know. Meat was so nice. Service also on point.

• Upvote 3

I find the more you go to a particular black restaurant, the more the service improves, especially if your a man and there servers are female. Basically when you start regularly spending money you get the love, otherwise your any guy.

One day I'm gonna open a caribbean restaurant in Essex.

• Upvote 2

Why are caribbean takeaways so unprofesional ?

cos they're run by carribeans

n they've got to serve people like this

Years ago at one of my locals in Totty (Peppers & Spice), this fresh from yard ting was so rude to me so I made a big order, let her serve it up, put it in the bag then when it was time to pay I told her I didn't want it anymore.

/thread

can't believe white people aint been blamed yet

• Downvote 3

Captain p its not just about food with restaurants. When u sell food from another culture, u are also selling the experience of that world. The people, traditions, wonders etc. Why would barry take kerry to an african restarant when he sees on tv africans begging for food everyday, donate two pounds a month. Why would he eat their food, fuck it what food? Yes he would generalise because that what he see and africa is one big country to him and pl in the west don't really know the other side. Ffs pl here go to ghana to look at slave monuments. Caribs have an advantage tbh

you create the positive experience

in my restaurant food will be delivered on the back on an elephant, the waitresses will all wear kente and wild lions will be allowed to roam free

yes it is whoring out your culture but the perception oo Africa isnt always negative you are just choosing to focus on that

there is a restaurant chiain in all the westfields and hotspots that does this well albeit not sticking to african food

Guest petercrotch

Why would he eat their food ? because white people are not all that ignorant and stupid to think every african is like that . I agree that caribbeans could and should have an advantage on africans for obvious reasons but this is a serious issue that needs to be adressed . Caribbean restaraunts loose a hell of a lot of business for being rude and unprosfessional .

heard a lot of non affs like east aff food, its west aff food that aint that accessible. trusay fufu and waakye etc aint for everybody, its POWERFUL, you cant water that shit down and make it marketable like you can with caribbean food. either you can handle it or you cant. caribbean food can, thats what makes it even sadder. these lot been in this country for generations, got a marketable food and theyre throwing it away. imagine some brummies at my uni told me that most carribean takeaways in birmingham are owned by ASIANS.

Someone should create a badman chain of take-away 'restaurants'.

I swear down give your mum that cooks that amazing food something to do from home.

Make a nice website. Get your staff in shape and make sure none of everything thats being complained on here goes on.

You could do it from home!

I've been wishing a place like this existed since Uni times. Caribbean take-away for the middle classes.

There's one shop in Barking where the lady's actually quite nice. Free plantain more time!

BUT You never really get that home-cooked taste you hope for though man

Went to one Somalian place the other day. Actually boom you know. Meat was so nice. Service also on point.

I swear this is so true.

West Indian restaurants after all these years of us being here ARE STILL NICHE. It seems like no one can get it right over here still!

I swear if I had the money I'd invest in one with:

Good food,

EMPLOY PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO FKIN SMILE

No lazy ass turkish delvery men with no sense of direction

Free plantain

student discounts

real jerk chicken(not that slack dry white meat with no sweetness and sauce)

peng sistas who serve you

I swear I went to some tiny Caribbean restaurant in Japan that topped all other restaurants I've been to in London smh.

Aff shops/food is only for aff pl. The dishes are not for other cultures tbh. I haven't been to a carib restuarant in years. Not way I'm I eating an angry persons food that thinks there doing ME a favour. U c*nt, stay broke or get humble.

its debatable, i think it is all about how you convey the food to the westerners tastes

its never an aff ting... butchering carribean cuisine

stick to soups and doughs lad

lol small minded halfbreed

Customer service at Tanya's in willesden aint too bad

Last carribean restaurant I went to was this place in walsall

Needed food fast and was recommended by my cousin

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Cuizene+walsall&hl=en&ll=52.585008,-1.979084&spn=0.054444,0.145569&sll=52.584913,-1.978914&layer=c&cid=11123874384014819077&cbp=13,194.86,,0,8.14&panoid=ZmgCnnm80kb85oWBZl_AQg&hq=Cuizene+walsall&t=m&z=13&vpsrc=0&cbll=52.584942,-1.978891

see thing is generally people in the midlands are quite friendly but i was amazed how stink the ol bitch they had front of house was

i dont get why some of these ol bitches are so stink the young 1s yeah but the old 1s i dont get it

other than that she niced me up with the food couldnt finish it

Guest petercrotch

last time I went in one , nobody was at the counter , after standing there for about 20 secs I said hello n this woman pretty much just drags herself out to the till n just stares at me in the face ,

at this point I was already vex ordered my shit , paid. she gave me my change , then went to sit down again , no thank you nothing

my uncle owns a shop n tbh I've seen him nearly fire somebody for not.being polite enough to people

I don't understand at all

To be fair 20 seconds is pretty good for a caribbean shop .

Guest petercrotch

I find the more you go to a particular black restaurant, the more the service improves, especially if your a man and there servers are female. Basically when you start regularly spending money you get the love, otherwise your any guy.

Wouldn't work . Pie and mash would be better in essex . White people love our food but they don't love it that much . They would rather spend their money in a chippy than a caribbean shop

heard a lot of non affs like east aff food, its west aff food that aint that accessible. trusay fufu and waakye etc aint for everybody, its POWERFUL, you cant water that shit down and make it marketable like you can with caribbean food. either you can handle it or you cant. caribbean food can, thats what makes it even sadder. these lot been in this country for generations, got a marketable food and theyre throwing it away. imagine some brummies at my uni told me that most carribean takeaways in birmingham are owned by ASIANS.

If you can sell rice & peas, you can sell waakye easily.

Fufu should be left for us. No one understands.

ts deli in leyton has one rude ting but the food is soo nice

its like im put off to say i want suttin else becuase its like u are putting them, out of thier way just to do it for you

like ur not paying thier wages

however the old woman who i think owns it is so nice and cool - always has a smile on her face.

theres one i went to in clapton opposite the jet petrol station food wasnt great but he was cool.

went to one in east ham nxt to cut above the rest couple months back and she was cool v good customer service as well

and the theatre royal people in startford have v good customer service they arent all bad

Wouldn't work . Pie and mash would be better in essex . White people love our food but they don't love it that much . They would rather spend their money in a chippy than a caribbean shop

I play to win, so I know it would work. I'll have John & Stacy eating the food they had on holiday every Friday. Acting like the Indians, Chinese and Italians aren't packed every weekend in Essex.

• Upvote 1

SNAP!!! @ TF

I've had the idea/business plan/market research etc sitting in my office since I moved to Essex 3 years ago. Only this year I've actually started making it happen.

:lol: anyone thinking Caribbean restaurants won't work in most places Essex.

• Downvote 2

Yes it really really pisses me off. That why i'm not suprised now in places like carribean scene you see polaks dishing out the curry goat and in the restaurants like cottons and that one in crouch end (cant remember the name). WTF is wrong with them, 8 out 10 times when i walk in a carribean take away place, i say do you have this.....arrrrh no, ok do you have this.. lemme check.........arrrrrr no, so what do you have. :/ "see it der" .. Some dry stale of fried chicken thats been sittin all day. I just walk out :mad:

braaaav...

hit nail head