Caribbean restaraunts shooting themsleves in the foot ?

Guest petercrotch

I find the more you go to a particular black restaurant, the more the service improves, especially if your a man and there servers are female. Basically when you start regularly spending money you get the love, otherwise your any guy.

One day I'm gonna open a caribbean restaurant in Essex.

Wouldn't work . Pie and mash would be better in essex . White people love our food but they don't love it that much . They would rather spend their money in a chippy than a caribbean shop

I play to win, so I know it would work. I'll have John & Stacy eating the food they had on holiday every Friday. Acting like the Indians, Chinese and Italians aren't packed every weekend in Essex.

You are right actually . it could work but the question is would the business make a profit ? or just break even . For one there are way more asians living in essex than there are blacks,plus asians tend to spend more money in their own shops .

I live in essex myself and the rent alone would fuck a new black business in the ass .

Nah dunno what bit in Essex ur finking of but where I live in woodford I can't see that doing very well...a restraunt maybe if it's dressed up but a takeaway like peppers and spice

Nah

Of course it has to be dressed up, its Essex, lol. Bright lights, nice sign, not loads of tables, but enough. Bit of Bob Marley, UB40 playing. Obviously have a takeaway service for the whites that dont care to give black folk money but aren't too keen on the idea of eating there at first.

lol that is true

ub40 ya kna

ZANGER

• Downvote 2

who can tell me the best proper carrbean restaurants in london like top 5. im not talking takeaways but sit down etc?

cottons is ok. and theres one thats opened in finsbury square in the city i passed recently, it was closed early for a Christmas party.

i think Caribbean takeaways arent competitive because they initially tend to cater for their local community

thats very small minded. most black people will go to any good black food selling restaurant anyways

so i woudlnt cater to them, but those who dont know much about carribean food. that way your whole business is going to be done the way THEY are used to

so have enough staff, proper service and all the rest.

I find the more you go to a particular black restaurant, the more the service improves, especially if your a man and there servers are female. Basically when you start regularly spending money you get the love, otherwise your any guy.

Wouldn't work . Pie and mash would be better in essex . White people love our food but they don't love it that much . They would rather spend their money in a chippy than a caribbean shop

• Upvote 1

Nah dunno what bit in Essex ur finking of but where I live in woodford I can't see that doing very well...a restraunt maybe if it's dressed up but a takeaway like peppers and spice

Nah

Tbh you can't compare places like Woodford, Romford, Chadwell Heath, Chingford ect to the rest of Essex. There more London-ish than Essex imo.

I'm talking places like Chelmsford, Colchester, Southend (debatable at times), Braintree, Stanstead etc

Here this though . There the same but different at the same time . There's cockneey london essex , and there's real esseix

This is my real dilemma... They are the same but they are different, your right. I seen more of what I call Inner Essex and it has more black faces and a lot of Tyrone's & Stacey's, but real/deep Essex not so much.

Speaking from a Manny perspective, there's only a couple of backstreet restaurants ATM where you wouldn't know where they were unless you lived in the ends. Funnily enough there were more restaurants about 10 years ago than there are now, mainly because man were in the till every week.

Takeaway wise, my man who runs Kool Runnings is killing it. Had his food van up in the Moss from long time, now he has his takeaways in Hulme, Longsight and Studentville in Fallowfield (this is when I knew he was serious). Staff are decent in the shops, could be better in general customer service terms, but better than most yard shops. He's opening about 1 a year. Also offering franchise opportunities. Needs a better website though.

Thats your ignorance talking John Doe.

I live in Essex. You've just visited.

The Indians are everywhere, some caribbean/African restaurants already exist & as far as I know they've had no problems such as you've described.

Truss.

If these indian restaurants had this mentality of thinknig their business would get torched by racists in these areas they wouldn't be as established as they are now.

Like I said with food as a business you can't really go wrong.

A hungry man doesn't know racism bruh

and lol @ thinking these beckys wouldn't substitute fish fingers & squash for their little jermaines if it wasn't available locally.

philly js is ran by blacks

best chicken in london.

#best

Tickle Me>>>>>>

aint heard of tickle me but i dnt think it can compete with philly js

whole chicken + chips/rice and drink for under seven pound.

it's like nandos but good.

Is that the one in woolwich?

As it's pretty good in there. Chicken is nice.

Customer service at Tanya's in willesden aint too bad

Last carribean restaurant I went to was this place in walsall

Needed food fast and was recommended by my cousin

http://maps.google.c...84942,-1.978891

see thing is generally people in the midlands are quite friendly but i was amazed how stink the ol bitch they had front of house was

i dont get why some of these ol bitches are so stink the young 1s yeah but the old 1s i dont get it

other than that she niced me up with the food couldnt finish it

Generally ok, but they have 1 rude red skin Jamaican woman, don't like her attitude too tuff.

Only West Indian places I fuck with now are

Mr Patty, best ackee and saltfish and patties

The Trinidad Roti shop, cos the woman is 1 of my grandmas best friends.

I rang Mr Patty 1 time and he was out of ackee and saltfish, the lickle chiney man actually went across the road to get more ackee for me.

Can you believe that?

Never have a got that service from any of those other shit West Indian shops.

Rang Mada Becks to try and support them opening and the driver couldn't find the yard.

Waiting 90 mins, starving, the girl on the fone took down the wrong number aswell.

Driver rang my girl and asked if we still wanted it, I said if he wants to take off the delivery charge then yeah, he goes nah, I said nah aswell lol

I got Pizza instead, fuck that.

The Spot Soul Food place in Willesden pissed me off aswell.

Was a loyal customer, spent over £250 in that place in a few months, showed nuff man bout it.

We wanted to order delivery 1 time and the guy was going on dumb, talking bout his driver can't come out there (it was in the delivery radius)

Finally got him to do the order and I am missing food, paid full price, got waffles and no maple sauce, just dry waffles, no cutlery or napkins either.

Told him to send the rest of the food he says he can't do that just for the fritters, I said what you gonna do, he goes what do you want?

I said free meal next time, he goes nah, I had to haggle with man to get compensation, wasn't feeling that, you fucked up offer me something.

Never been back since and will never spend money there again.

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

I play to win, so I know it would work. I'll have John & Stacy eating the food they had on holiday every Friday. Acting like the Indians, Chinese and Italians aren't packed every weekend in Essex.

You are right actually . it could work but the question is would the business make a profit ? or just break even . For one there are way more asians living in essex than there are blacks,plus asians tend to spend more money in their own shops .

I live in essex myself and the rent alone would fuck a new black business in the ass .

Nah

Of course it has to be dressed up, its Essex, lol. Bright lights, nice sign, not loads of tables, but enough. Bit of Bob Marley, UB40 playing. Obviously have a takeaway service for the whites that dont care to give black folk money but aren't too keen on the idea of eating there at first.

Oh seen well i dunno about them proper deep essex bits i would think it would be even worse trying there but actuqlly in woodford Yh that might run but the bob marley and ub40 nice little local may still be a bit too authentic for them I'm talking basically it not even looking carribean takeaway in anyway but just sells the food make it more like gilgamesh/shaka zulu vibe get a couple trendy prem footballers seen in there and u probably be onto a winner

Back to the takeaway I think the problem is carribean places just really don't wanna get took for any kebab shop with yobs screaming "oi boss man hurry up with my jerk chicken!" so they come on the defensive from the get go

fum, where in woodford do you live?

Well woodford is kinda small if I narrow it down any more I would have to tell u the name of my road...funky mofo is about 5 min walk from me

This thread has got me laughing :lol:

My parents have run a Jamaican restaurant for 30 years...tomorrow night is our anniversary in fact! It's a little different from most spots, we don't deliver, it's more a sit down and dine thing, put it that way. We're more popular for drinks these days than food, but still. Thread's got me thinking :huh:

There's bare potential in the industry. I think a good franchise could smash it. What the fuck is Nando's? Some chain started in a racist little Jo'burg suburb by Portugese guys <_< Mr Jerks has the name to go national, and I think Tastee Patties could work in England too.

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

Nah franchise wouldn't work u would end up with d*ckheads buying one and having eastern Europeans working there and people wouldn't feel it was the real deal...Nandos has the spot ur thinking of covered tbh even though it's not carribean for ur average person who wants too eat in at a chicken spot there gonna end up there

There's bare potential in the industry. I think a good franchise could smash it. What the fuck is Nando's? Some chain started in a racist little Jo'burg suburb by Portugese guys <_< Mr Jerks has the name to go national, and I think Tastee Patties could work in England too.

Franchise could work, but the problem there is the food needs to taste pretty much the same in every outlet.

Mr Jerk probably so caked off Wardour Street, he doesn't care about the hassle of more, sad but true.

I mainly get gd service because of reflex, u have to have reflex

dnt go in an start with 'hi please can i have...'

thats fail. Its straight 'what you got for me this time of night please...stew fish done, cool say none beg u a steam fish instead'

in and out

• Upvote 1

Thats your ignorance talking John Doe.

I live in Essex. You've just visited.

The Indians are everywhere, some caribbean/African restaurants already exist & as far as I know they've had no problems such as you've described.

where in essex

and asians are always everywhwere

fd

s

f

df

ds

f

ds