Suarez found guilty of racially abusing evra

Guest petercrotch

You don't have to go around someone's house and sample their jollof or pakoras to gain an understanding about what they deem offensive, nobody can convince me a man who's been in the public eye for as long as Alan Hansen shouldn't be more aware of what terms are offensive.

If you can understand his situation I fail to see how you can be so certain about Suarez'.

Lol, do you think Wright & them man are pulling up Hansen on coloured? Lol.

Hansen is probably NEVER gonna need to use the term coloured when talking to these man. "Yeah Barnesy, me and the wife was out the other night and we popped into this restaurant it was a lovely little coloured spot, we had some nice rice & chicken" he probably only used it to his wife, kids, and other white folk. Yesterday he got caught out cos he was taken out of his zone and had to address a race but didnt know what term to address us as.

This is Hansen talking in 04 so when you're saying he is old, scottish etc how is he to know and then saying Suarez is indefensible after being here 1 year it doesn't make sense to me.

My experience of racism in football goes back to one of my most famous team-mates at Liverpool, who remains a great friend today. John Barnes is arguably the greatest black English footballer of all time. He endured racism from football crowds in the Eighties and Nineties and responded by using his talent to destroy the teams he played against.

If the strain of having the odd banana thrown at him affected John then he never showed it. He realised from the start when he joined Liverpool from Watford in 1987 that acceptance in the Anfield dressing-room had nothing to do with the colour of your skin and everything to do with how good you were. It was the same for Howard Gayle, another black player who played for us until 1983. Even in the early years for black footballers in the English game, you were judged at Anfield as a player, not by your race.

Playing at the same club as John broadened my horizons. His nickname was "Digger", a name drawn with all the usual originality of a football dressing-room from a television show. In this case he was named after the character Digger Barnes from Dallas and after training Digger once took a few of us to play pool in a bar in Toxteth, which is the centre of Liverpool's black community.

Like I said Hansen has been working in tv too long, is too well travelled and was too close to the most influential black player in the british game to get a bly when Suarez can't even get some objectivity coming from a next culture.

/

Where have all the pages gone?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is Hansen talking in 04 so when you're saying he is old, scottish etc how is he to know and then saying Suarez is indefensible after being here 1 year it doesn't make sense to me.

My experience of racism in football goes back to one of my most famous team-mates at Liverpool, who remains a great friend today. John Barnes is arguably the greatest black English footballer of all time. He endured racism from football crowds in the Eighties and Nineties and responded by using his talent to destroy the teams he played against.

If the strain of having the odd banana thrown at him affected John then he never showed it. He realised from the start when he joined Liverpool from Watford in 1987 that acceptance in the Anfield dressing-room had nothing to do with the colour of your skin and everything to do with how good you were. It was the same for Howard Gayle, another black player who played for us until 1983. Even in the early years for black footballers in the English game, you were judged at Anfield as a player, not by your race.

Playing at the same club as John broadened my horizons. His nickname was "Digger", a name drawn with all the usual originality of a football dressing-room from a television show. In this case he was named after the character Digger Barnes from Dallas and after training Digger once took a few of us to play pool in a bar in Toxteth, which is the centre of Liverpool's black community.

Like I said Hansen has been working in tv too long, is too well travelled and was too close to the most influential black player in the british game to get a bly when Suarez can't even get some objectivity coming from a next culture.

/

Where have all the pages gone?

pos

See this is where your being stupid. I excuse Hansen cos I know the context of what he said as I watched and heard it... I cringed, but was not offended. Evra was offended enough to lodge the complaint and tbh thats all that matters.

I await to see the transcript and I'll read them in full and voice my opinion again then.

• Upvote 1

Stupid how?

I'm saying to show some common sense and think of the context in the case of Hansen makes perfect sense and the same applies with Suarez.

The context includes the language it was said in and what he was responding to.

From what we've seen reported Evra said to him 'don't touch me you south american' and Suarez responded 'porque negro?'

I've asked about 10 times how is it that Evra gets away with using Suarez' heritage in a derogatory way and people ignore it.

If someone said 'don't touch me you African' to Drogba would people be like 'oh that doesn't matter'?

• Downvote 1

flojo's just a c*nt. cant even read his posts no more..just want to stab your fat fingers thru your keyboard

fuck suarez, serves him right for cheating ghana. and latin americans are fucking racist to black latinos back home

that racism just came out. lol @ the coons supporting him. with their white wives one cant be surprised.

• Upvote 1

Stupid how?

I'm saying to show some common sense and think of the context in the case of Hansen makes perfect sense and the same applies with Suarez.

From what we've seen reported Evra said to him 'don't touch me you south american' and Suarez responded 'porque negro?'

I've asked about 10 times how is it that Evra gets away with using Suarez' heritage in a derogatory way and people ignore it.

If someone said 'don't touch me you African' to Drogba would people be like 'oh that doesn't matter'?

Common sense tbh is what makes me suspect Suarez's guilt.

Its amazing that you take the truth from Evra's report in what he called Suarez, but not from the whole scenerio.

LMAO @ THE PATRIOTS

Evra is the biggest c*nt in football.

Suarez said a word which is accepted in his heritage which has NO MEANING IN ENGLISH.

If he said the word Nigger/Nigga then cool but he never. He used a culturally accepted word in south america - bearing in mind hes only been in this country for a short while.

How hard is it to understand you dumb fucking cunts?

Why is Suarez ghana situation being bought up anyway? I would have done EXACTLY what he did and maybe even more by running on the pitch after the pen was missed.

• Upvote 1

That Terry article is staggering but not surprising at the same time.

Before Suarez had even been charged there were articles with his face next to it talking about Racism has no place in football, remind me who had a complaint lodged against them by a player, supporters and was caught on camera again.

Stupid how?

Common sense tbh is what makes me suspect Suarez's guilt.

Its amazing that you take the truth from Evra's report in what he called Suarez, but not from the whole scenerio.

I am quoting what has been reportedly said word for word so when you say the whole scenario what do you mean?

Do you mean Suarez admitting he used a term he sees as non offensive when he could have flat out denied it and got off because there were no witnesses?

I was with you guys til the Hansen incident.

You just can't rationalise and try giving excuses for him whilst condemning Suarez and calling Glen Johnson a coon for supporting his team mate.

You're a worse coon than Glen Johnson if you're giving Hansen an excuse

Either paint Suares and Hansen with the same brush or leave this the fack alone.