someone got shanked in Oxford street today

Lenny The Tramp

To the people saying, what are other black people doing to support the youth. Are you dumb? What are their parents for?

Obviously I'm not Caribbean, so maybe that's why I can't overly relate, but some of the youth that I see or come across take the piss.

I've said it on here before, they have no long term focus. This is the 7th.6th biggest economy in the world, the poorest of the poor here are not starving, so please don't portray these fucks like they're Indians shitting in portable toilets.

They glorify the lifestyle, so when they die within it, I really couldn't care less. Going by that video, that guy was a shit-stain, and I'm not one who can pass judgement, so I'm not saying he deserved what he got. But at the same time, I'm not going to skip a beat.

There are dirt poor white families who resort to gang related activities, my problem lies with the fact that the amount of Black on Black related violence is disproportionate to the bloody population. Why is that? Once again, I ask, are they retarded?

TBH your just a fuckin a**hole imo you are as subhuman as the people you refer to as shit stains because you have the same amount of empathy as them

• Upvote 1

Ignorance is a behaviour it isn't a biological problem, so how you can call it a disease is beyond me @ Zizou?

Ignorance spreads like a virus though, he is right in a way.

If most of us are a product of our parents/environment then ignorance can definitely be "passed on".

Sorry mate but this is where your intellect hits a brick wall.

In science, behaviours are impossible to be hereditary

If you want to believe in what you say to make you sound clever, go ahead, be my guest.

Surely you understand why I put the words passed on in quotations marks, I am speaking metaphorically.

Ignorance isn't tangible but by describing it as a disease you are giving it palpability.

It isn't passed on genetically but behaviour is learnt, where do we learn from mostly?

Parents, friends, environment, that is what I mean by "passed on".

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

You can't inherit behaviour mate.

Lol its not inheriting, it's accepting and in some cases encouraging.

in·her·it

[in-her-it]

- verb (used with or without object) 1. to receive (property, a title, etc.) by succession or will, esp. from someone who has died 2. to receive (a characteristic) from one's parents

the annoying thing is that the guy who did it will get suttin like 10-15 yrs

they need to start handing down shit like 50 yrs to pple

i know the causes of crime are the best solutions

but super tough sentences for youts like this will at least scare the pussies away from doing it

which means 90% of them.

and dont front... we all know he's gonna be carribean.

Tougher sentences ain't stopping anything bro.

People don't care about the consequences until it hits them.

The law changed on sentencing for CARRYING guns and knifes, yet the use of them hasn't stopped.

Like I said Trident hasn't educated better, JE isn't making group activity reduce either.

The best prevention is great policing and education.

Same thing parents should be aspiring to do too.

The Bingo.

Sadly this won't really do much to change the mentally of those already affected.

Wouldn't an increase in minor punishments increase people going out and doing harder crimes?

If you're going to get 10 years for carrying a gun what's to say the person might no consider doing 40 for using it instead?

There has to be a balance between punishments that mentally supresses a criminals decision making and make them feel both directions are pointless.

If they are already thinking critically about their options based on sentance length with their actions being the variable then surely that's half the battle won?

These man still wont change. As they think they know better or they think they wont get caught.

I cant remember who it was that said it, but everybody in the hood watches Scarface, American Gangster, etc but the memory they take from that is the fun part at say 60 mins into the film, the conclusion to all these films seems to be overlooked as everybody thinks they can just enjoy the fun part or the bit before the inevitable L's come.

• Upvote 1

These man still wont change. As they think they know better or they think they wont get caught.

I cant remember who it was that said it, but everybody in the hood watches Scarface, American Gangster, etc but the memory they take from that is the fun part at say 60 mins into the film, the conclusion to all these films seems to be overlooked as everybody thinks they can just enjoy the fun part or the bit before the inevitable L's come.

Thats human nature, the wins are more poignant that the losses.

no need for death penalty.

like i said.. yes the US has death penalty and still has high crime..

but the US has REAL poverty.

90% of these youts would start to give a fuck

every country gotta deal with a hardcore 10% lol. can never eradicate crime

Maybe not but a lot can be done to reduce crime, some things I could suggest which wouldn't be considered ethical but still.

There was an interesting article in the book Freakonomics about the affects of the abortion ban in Romania during the 60's I believe

][/color]"Compared to Romanian children born just a year earlier, the cohort of children born after the abortion ban would do worse in every measurable way: they would test lower in school, they would have less success in the labor market, and they would also prove much more likely to become criminals. (p. 118)"

Basically children from unwanted homes are far more likely to commit crime during a peak period of approx 18-30 years old.

Just a simple thing such as a change in the abortion law saw a significant drop in crime around 20 years later, other factors were taken into account such as policing but this was considered the greatest factor.

i feel a tad sorry for the 14-19yr old inner city lads who dont have anything to channel their energy into (or think they dont have anything to channel their energy into).. by 18/19/20 every1 kinda has something to put energy into (uni, college, job etc) and the ones who stay on the roads are there by choice but the young ones are there by default coz they aint got anything better to do (or think they aint got anything better to do) or think they gotta prove shit etc

its fun to run around in packs doing madness at those ages and i think the majority of boys who were on antics before sort themselves out at 19+ obvy some die, some stay on and some go to prison

i know loads of big men who fondly reminisce about their "scraps" and old skool wars as young lads but the consequences for being "young & dumb" have just got so high in the last 15-20 years

boys between 13-18 doing life for a murders committed at those ages to young boys dying, the saddest thing is how many of these lads would actually be on the roads at 19/20/21?

Boys will be boys so i cant ever see the problem going away but its a waste of life and quite sad..

• Upvote 1

What about sentancing people without them knowing any length of their sentance.

If you never knew what you would get for certain crimes would you do them?

If someones found guilty just sentance them, the fear of not knowing when you're coming out would be scary.

/

Or, sentance someone and at the end of their sentance the victims parties are re-adjourned for a meeting to discuss a majority vote on whether they should re-serve time or bet let out

So, you got 5 years for fraud, you're expected to be out in 2.5 but oh no, wait! you're sentanced to another 5 years based on a majority vote of vicimts parites,

You serve another 2.5 years then they vote you should do another 5 years,

You end up doing 50 years for a 5 year crime?

Speaking about victims I do think criminals should be made to face their victims/victims families if that is what the victim wants.

In the Milly Dowler case I think the parents wanted to see Levi Bellfield in court but he just straight up refused.

I was watching a programme where a bag of man kicked the shit of of this young woman, she was in a coma for ages, her head swelled to twice it's size due to her head injuries.

She asked to meet the guys who got done for it to ask why but they refused aswell.

I don't think the criminals should be given the choice, it will make them have to see the consequences and face upto the reality of their actions.

Speaking about victims I do think criminals should be made to face their victims/victims families if that is what the victim wants.

In the Milly Dowler case I think the parents wanted to see Levi Bellfield in court but he just straight up refused.

I was watching a programme where a bag of man kicked the shit of of this young woman, she was in a coma for ages, her head swelled to twice it's size due to her head injuries.

She asked to meet the guys who got done for it to ask why but they refused aswell.

I don't think the criminals should be given the choice, it will make them have to see the consequences and face upto the reality of their actions.

Lol at you thinking a man who raped and dismembered a girls body even has a conscious, he would probably have laughed in the family's face.

Thats human nature, the wins are more poignant that the losses.

Yes but you have to understand with the wins comes the losses and you also have to the factor the losses in what you do BEFORE you do it.