PlayStation Vita

Mr. Gayle

the battery life is appalling

and it only gets worse

everything else is sick

I'm sick and tired of all these sick devices with these shitty batteries

Tbh I don't think I ever used the PSP for three hours straight when I was out and about. Only really got used at work lunch hour and at home.

I used to all the time spesh on long train trips bang a movie on there n that sorted

the battery life is appalling

and it only gets worse

everything else is sick

I'm sick and tired of all these sick devices with these shitty batteries

Tbh I don't think I ever used the PSP for three hours straight when I was out and about. Only really got used at work lunch hour and at home.

I used to all the time spesh on long train trips bang a movie on there n that sorted

Ah yeah fair play. Long train trips are when the iPad gets pulled out for me.

No point getting the 3G one, just enables u check online scores, trophys and simple updates and basic stuff. 3G network aint fast enough to support full online streaming for multiplayer 3D games. Maybe could support turn based games such as puzzles like chess types.

yes it can, i know a few heads that rinse xbox live from there giffgaff sims and mobile hotspots :lol:

I think they were playing a prank on you.

100% not, played cod online myself linked from my boys experia. he doesnt have broadband, just his mobile internet.

No point getting the 3G one, just enables u check online scores, trophys and simple updates and basic stuff. 3G network aint fast enough to support full online streaming for multiplayer 3D games. Maybe could support turn based games such as puzzles like chess types.

yes it can, i know a few heads that rinse xbox live from there giffgaff sims and mobile hotspots :lol:

I think they were playing a prank on you.

100% not, played cod online myself linked from my boys experia. he doesnt have broadband, just his mobile internet.

3G, 2 Mbit/s for stationary or walking users, and 384 kbit/s in a moving vehicle (assuming coverage is good as well)?

4G, is coming out this year, 4G speeds of 100 Mbit/s down and 50 Mbit/s up (again dependant area coverage) (3G model is a con still for any true definition of mobile online gaming)

With the exeption of the N-Gage, the Vita is the biggest flop in the history of (mainstream) handheld gaming. N-Gage week 1 U.S. sales: 190,000 units

Vita week 1 U.S. sales: 250,000 units Vitrual Boy week 1 U.S. sales: 280,000 units 3DS week 1 U.S. sales: 440,000 units PSP week 1 U.S. sales: 470,000 units DS week 1 U.S. sales: 510,000 units Gameboy Advance week 1 U.S. sales: 850,000 units

61k in the uk, 3ds 113k

the f*ck. right now the main reason i want one is because i regret not getting a psp tbh

but if software is not developed and it gets discontinued i will be pissed off. worst case scenario of course

edit: im gonna see what apple are releasing on wednesday then make my mind up

It's actually f*ck*ng sick. I don't expect it to sell loads immediately because 1stly its more expensive than a PS3 and secondly there's no visible use for it yet. As they expand it, and add all the cool cloud based media in the next 5 years it will be amazing.... unless Microsoft or apple make a better one.

Tbf, the 3DS also had a rocky start for the first 6 months or so, but now its breaking all sorts of sales records.

I think the Vita will do well eventually, after a price drop and some more games come out / when it gets hacked... I'd say a year for it to pick up?

Though this latest f*ck up has set it back by a LONG way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Only people who will better this are Microsoft. Apple have no interest in anything that does more than run mini useless apps.

It's a fantastic piece of kit. Looks f*ck*ng amazing and the battery life is fine for day to day use. If you are going away then get something else to watch films on cos this isnt built for that.

As someone said, the cloud based stuff will make this things incredible. And when the PS Classic games are available in a couple months I will be gassed.

• 2 weeks later...