Diane Abbott Faces Calls To Resign For 'Racist' Tweet Saying White People Love Playing 'Divide And Rule'

Guest petercrotch

ppl always compare apples and oranges

suarez comment was continually repeated and he used a racist word

her comment is generalising, not racist. people need to know what racist f*ck*ng means

alan hansen called black people coloured but still has a job

many white MPs have said similar stuff about muslims or blacks or asians and kept their jobs

or at worse were removed to back bench

David starkey still has a job at the BBC

typical coonistic behaviour to jump into the very divide and rule tactic she talked about

cdnt careless if she resigned or got sacked but many white people in similar positions have said similar and still kept their job

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ppl always compare apples and oranges

suarez comment was continually repeated and he used a racist word

her comment is generalising, not racist. people need to know what racist f*ck*ng means

alan hansen called black people coloured but still has a job

many white MPs have said similar stuff about muslims or blacks or asians and kept their jobs

or at worse were removed to back bench

David starkey still has a job at the BBC

typical coonistic behaviour to jump into the very divide and rule tactic she talked about

cdnt careless if she resigned or got sacked but many white people in similar positions have said similar and still kept their job

Was the backlash to this initiated by a white person or a black person?

Alan Hansen used an outdated term.

Suarez was speaking a different language and there's no proof he said anything multiple times.

Abbott generalised a whole race so the only incident you raised that it's comparable to is Starkey.

If this was a white person who had made a similar comment about black people you'd have been the first to make a topic saying how it underlines how the 'deamons' think of us etc etc

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

well dianne abbots people didn't enslave half the world and never say sorry for it and still reap the benefits

and the backlash has been initiated by many people,suarez comment is far worse, no one i know who speak's spanish has agreed with his lost in translation excuse

starkey will still present some distorted British history show soon

so Diane abbot should stay in her job.

• Downvote 1

well dianne abbots people didn't enslave half the world and never say sorry for it and still reap the benefits

and the backlash has been initiated by many people,suarez comment is far worse, no one i know who speak's spanish has agreed with his lost in translation excuse

So basically because Dianne Abbott is black it gives her free reign to make generalisations about the white race? This is exactly why I can't take guys like you seriously because you act as if racism or ignorant generalisation is only relevant when it's against your own.

I'm confident you know f*ck all about what Suarez said other than what you've read in the newspapers or seen on the same tv channels you spend so much time discrediting so how about you apply the same scepticism?

Starkey should have been fired because someone with such ignorant views shouldn't be given a platform to voice such ignorant views.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

So basically because Dianne Abbott is black it gives her free reign to make generalisations about the white race? This is exactly why I can't take guys like you seriously because you act as if racism or ignorant generalisation is only relevant when it's against your own.

I'm confident you know f*ck all about what Suarez said other than what you've read in the newspapers or seen on the same tv channels you spend so much time discrediting so how about you apply the same scepticism?

Starkey should have been fired because someone with such ignorant views shouldn't be given a platform to voice such ignorant views.

What exactly is ignorant about the generalization?

what platform does starkey have and who gave it to him?

she explained her context and im looking at that.

her statement is no different to what MOST ethnic minorities have said, still say, and will continue to say for a long time to come

her statement was referring to the white establishment ( i.e Govt, of which she is a member so she must know, policy makers, and the media)

and they DO play divide and rule tactics

they do this in their foreign policy, and in their local policy

what the f*ck is a black on black crime for example? is this not blanketing black people into one useless category, and its a term adopted by all sections of THE WHITE ESTABLISHMENT

when Tony blair for example tells "the black community" to take responsibility for gun crime..who is is he speaking to exactly? every black person is responsible for gun crime

the country should be more concerned that a black MP who has been in govt for the last 20yrs can still make the same statement as a 22yr old black graduate .

she is the dumb one who chose to go onto twitter and start making personal comments, so let her give up her pound of flesh for it. but dont start saying "if it was a white person blah blah blah" cos theres been plenty who kept their jobs.

• Upvote 1

what platform does starkey have and who gave it to him?

Eh?

All generalisations based on race are ignorant, she's using the actions of people she's familiar with to generalise all white people.

Eh?

All generalisations based on race are ignorant, she's using the actions of people she's familiar with to generalise all white people.

Shes using actions that are historically proven.

• Downvote 2

all politicians and important celebs should just have a twitter like bill gates one

or a few others ive seen like hillary clinton i think

pure sunflowers, green fields, and how wonderful the world is

"today i just got back from australia and looking forward to the opportunities ahead"

" today i just visited the black pickney association and had tea with the lovely kids"

"i visited ABC school today and discussed social issues with the lovely children, and the staff were so lovely"

thats how a politicians twitter should be. as fake as the lot of them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Eh?

Shes using actions that are historically proven.

So all white people use divide and conquer tactics?

Flojo your very pedantic on this race issue. Stop trying to make it into something it's not. It's obviously a silly throwaway comment to make but it's not some malicious racial assault

Flojo your very pedantic on this race issue. Stop trying to make it into something it's not. It's obviously a silly throwaway comment to make but it's not some malicious racial assault

If you actually read what I wrote I said it was an ignorant generalisation at worst.

my stance on segregation stems from the fact racial harmony is impossible, and mixing only causes imbalance and ineviatably leads to division (conquer or not)

Beg you go read on problems in Somalia and other countries where there are one type of people.

White people would fight between each other even if blacks and other minorities left. Read on your own countrys history.

Conflicts will always exist.

/

Please f*ck off from this thread. I shall continue my reading.

Guest petercrotch

my stance on segregation stems from the fact racial harmony is impossible, and mixing only causes imbalance and ineviatably leads to division (conquer or not)

Beg you go read on problems in Somalia and other countries where there are one type of people.

White people would fight between each other even if blacks and other minorities left. Read on your own countrys history.

Conflicts will always exist.

/

Please f*ck off from this thread. I shall continue my reading.

Problems that who caused though ? Oh wait we all know the answer to that