FA Cup 2012 Round 3 / Carling Cup Semi-Finals

User

Liverpool and the Merseyside police are investigating alleged racist abuse of Oldham defender Tom Adeyemi at Anfield on Friday night.

Adeyemi appeared to take offence to something shouted from the Kop late in the second half of the Reds' 5-1 victory in the third round of the FA Cup.

The Latics man, on loan from Norwich, was reduced to tears despite reassurances from his team-mates and Liverpool duo Dirk Kuyt and Steven Gerrard.

There then appeared to be discussion between the fourth official and a police officer down by the tunnel while the match was continuing.

Liverpool announced that no arrests had been made but confirmed in a statement they are investigating the incident with the Merseyside police.

The statement read: "An incident occurred in the second half of the match which is now being investigated by both the club and the police.

"We will continue to work closely with the police and establish the details of what actually happened and will make a further statement in due course."

A senior Liverpool official also told The Guardian: "We will do everything in our power to investigate the matter and ensure the appropriate action is taken."

Skysports News.

Witnesses reported seeing two fans wearing Luis Suárez T-shirts – similar to those worn by Liverpool players at Wigan last month, after the Uruguayan was found guilty of racially abusing Patrice Evra – confronting Adeyemi. A witness who gave evidence to Liverpool officials and the police said: "I was to the right of the Kop and the No11 turned to walk away after a tackle. I heard a single voice shout, 'You fucking black bastard.' He spun round with shock on his face and started pointing at the crowd, from where the shout had come."

smh

Guest Portuguese
Witnesses reported seeing two fans wearing Luis Suárez T-shirts – similar to those worn by Liverpool players at Wigan last month, after the Uruguayan was found guilty of racially abusing Patrice Evra – confronting Adeyemi. A witness who gave evidence to Liverpool officials and the police said: "I was to the right of the Kop and the No11 turned to walk away after a tackle. I heard a single voice shout, 'You f*ck*ng black bastard.' He spun round with shock on his face and started pointing at the crowd, from where the shout had come."

smh

Witnesses reported seeing two fans wearing Luis Suárez T-shirts – similar to those worn by Liverpool players at Wigan last month, after the Uruguayan was found guilty of racially abusing Patrice Evra – confronting Adeyemi. A witness who gave evidence to Liverpool officials and the police said: "I was to the right of the Kop and the No11 turned to walk away after a tackle. I heard a single voice shout, 'You f*ck*ng black bastard.' He spun round with shock on his face and started pointing at the crowd, from where the shout had come."

smh

http://youtu.be/0sPgGoe0ygI