Meek Mill

JOHN DOE

• 1 month later...

ross proper loves his artists

hes just smart. he realises that having all of these artists popping will make him more money than being the star of the show on his own and having them in the background. Thats where other labels fall down. The main guys have too much ego to take a back seat.

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

ross proper loves his artists

hes just smart. he realises that having all of these artists popping will make him more money than being the star of the show on his own and having them in the background. Thats where other labels fall down. The main guys have too much ego to take a back seat.

Yh this is where I feel rocafella went wrong

Ymcmb have a similar approach 2 Ross when it comes to letting all the artists shine and also bsm as well I'm always hearing waka talk about how they all equal there ain't no boss etc

Probably y these 3 teams are dominating rap atm

Birdman has completely left wayne to go on his own path. Wayne is now a waaaay bigger artist than birdman has ever been. Some people would never have let that happen.

Its same with Drake, the potential is there that he could do bigger numbers than wayne and eventually outshine him, but wayne doesnt stand in his way to stop it happening. Just lets him do his thing.

Its not about being equal, its about giving people the platform/money to create their own buzz and if that buzz comes back stronger than yours having the humility to step aside and let them grow.

so whats a good example of where this DIDNT happen

a lotta people would say J Cole. his buzz was equal to Drake's and they shoulda been dropping round the same time and with the same kinda budget behind them. It didnt happen

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

was with you up to you claimed bsm are dominating rap

Nah ur right still lol

/

Jay is no.1 for not letting other artists shine held down yeezy for a long time before he let him do his thing

Fifty is also another guy who has to be top dog at all times which is y the game was always gonna be a problem for him

The initial Rocafella artists where never gonna be bigger than Jay-Z, cos they wasn't more talented or versatile. Regardless of the fact Jay always wants to retain his spot as #1, not just in his camp but in hip hop period.

Jay-Z didnt want Kanye to rap at all. Dame was the one that eventually believed, well I shouldn't say believe more paid attention, cos tbh only Kanye believed he could do it.

J Cole is a weird one tbh, cos he on Columbia which is part of Sony, which aint really doing too great at the moment, of course Jay could have done more but tbh he clearly doesn't give a shit. Not that I think Wayne cares more than Jay, but Drake buzz was stronger & Universal is more powerful imo. Plus wayne clearly has a better studio ethic than Jay over recent years and Drake had more p than J Cole coming into the game.

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

Yh when u look at the whole kanye thing it's nuts to see how far he's come when jay didnt even want him 2 rap and now its all "run up on yeezy the wrong way i might murk ya!" :/

don't think jay would be the artist he is today with out yeezy Tbh

But I can't help but think jay could have had similar success with the dips that Wayne has had with young money if he had just embraced them rather than see them as a threat cos at one point juelz did have a really big buzz that could have seen him at the level drake is at now with the right marketing...and the way state property was handled its as if he never wanted them to blow.

Fat joe and terror squad is another example...guess that's y those camps are dead and ymcmb/mmg are flourishing

Yh when u look at the whole kanye thing it's nuts to see how far he's come when jay didnt even want him 2 rap and now its all "run up on yeezy the wrong way i might murk ya!" :/

don't think jay would be the artist he is today with out yeezy Tbh

But I can't help but think jay could have had similar success with the dips that Wayne has had with young money if he had just embraced them rather than see them as a threat cos at one point juelz did have a really big buzz that could have seen him at the level drake is at now with the right marketing...and the way state property was handled its as if he never wanted them to blow.

Fat joe and terror squad is another example...guess that's y those camps are dead and ymcmb/mmg are flourishing

Jay would be a better artist cos he'd have had pick on all of Kanye's beats... Hence the don't rap mentality...

Juelz was lazy i rated him higher than Wayne in the i cant feel myself era now wayne is selling 3 million and got the biggest money making crew in hiphop

Skull gang was a flop and his best verse in like 4 years was on beamer benz or bentley

he needs to stop taking drugs or whatever he is doing and hit studio

/

kanye was on of the best when he came and still is one of the best in 2012 thats that nigga

jay couldn't deny him dame just saw it earlier than the labels (he didn't get signed when he sent jesus walks to labels and they said it was meh)

dame even saw the potential of Currensy whose coincidently a former YM rapper

50 cent and lloyd banks confuses me tho..is he still Gunit? TF care to elaborate on Banks who with cold corner 2 made one of the best mix tapes of recent years for me

Juelz is slightly lazy, he never use to be, but he's been shelved (so it makes sense) but yet he still thinks his worth is the same today, as it was in 2005... Believe it or not Juelz probably is out of the studio one day a week MAX and Juelz could have had Nicki before Wayne, but thats another story...

Jay wanted Kanye's beats, you have to remember Kanye is a d*ckhead yute that would tr0ll artist and play them beats, wait for them to say "yeah that one", and say "nah this is for my album..." Tr0lling at its finest.

Yeah Banks is G-Unit, just they lost their deals and label at Interscope, but 50 still stuck there and I dont thik that EMI thing was a long-term thing without 50 or great sales.

Juelz is slightly lazy, he never use to be, but he's been shelved (so it makes sense) but yet he still thinks his worth is the same today, as it was in 2005... Believe it or not Juelz probably is out of the studio one day a week MAX and Juelz could have had Nicki before Wayne, but thats another story...

Jay wanted Kanye's beats, you have to remember Kanye is a d*ckhead yute that would tr0ll artist and play them beats, wait for them to say "yeah that one", and say "nah this is for my album..." Tr0lling at its finest.

Yeah Banks is G-Unit, just they lost their deals and label at Interscope, but 50 still stuck there and I dont thik that EMI thing was a long-term thing without 50 or great sales.

Yeah Nicki was from new york so that could have been a possible scenario. You saying Juelz is going studio? Why is there no good mix tapes from him then(excluding his early shit like, back like cooked crack etc)? He was potentially one of the best and now he aint really mentioned and I don't even see him on worldstar anymore. no videos no features i guess he's eating doing shows though.

Yeah jay wanted kanyes beats from earlier he pree'd the situation but he probably didn't even listen to his bars. guy believes no one is worth his time. Kanye showed he produces bangers for people though ask rhymefest,the game,jay-z,lil wayne etc. Im sure he keeps the best beats for himself its a dog eat dog world and ur tryna make history so u nice urself out more than others

Is the interscope issue with jimmy iovine? getting indicted. Banks should be promoted a lot more he's a very good artist and they are kind of blessed to have him associated with that camp cos I think Banks fits GOOD music perfectly for example him and Pusha T would be a lethal combo

Nicki was there for Juelz, she would have been Skullgang if Juelz had been serious, hence why she did the song with S.A.S, she came to the studio for a while... Then Wayne saw her and took her. Like I was telling someone the other day Cash Money/Young Money stole sooooooo much from The Dips, that goes very unnoticed. You'd be suprised if I told you the tentative once upon a time Skullgang line-up...

Juelz goes studio more days than not in a week. No real output cos he's shelved at Def Jam...

Jay is consistent at least, he only cares about you when you do it on your own and he wants part of your heat or to take the credit, he only seeming to care about Rita Ora now, cos she has the same number of UK #1s as him, he'll do the same with Koke if Koke gets a hit. He wanted in on "Oh Boy" when it started ringing in NY, jumped on Jeezy's Go Crazy, he's consistent I'll give him that... Yeah but Kanye was just doing it some every artist knew he wanted to rap, lol.

Erm dunno, think its more record sales and budgets, basically I dont think Interscope have any desire to open budgets for a Banks or Yayo album, which is why they allowed them to sign the distribution deal with EMI for them two. However 50 and G-Unit (the group - 50, Banks & Yayo) are still with Interscope.

• Upvote 1

Hate or love Chipmunk but it seems running with T.I is getting him solid features. His done a track with Meek, Busta & a few more with Movado but the difference I suspect is hardly or little p was given this time.

TF you heard the track or snippet of it with meek?