Craig David Appreciation

kerser

"The whole Bo' Selecta! thing was killing me for a while because this idiot had a cult following and I was the main caricature. ... Inside it was absolutely pissing me off and hurtful beyond belief. There were times when I thought I just want to knock this guy out".

Although he made an appearance himself on the programme (as the pseudo-fictional "Craig Davis"), he regretted it even as he was making it: "I didn't want people to think, 'Craig's reacting to it', because then they would think, 'how can we get up Craig's nose even more?' So I did it, but I wasn't happy about it". In 2010, he further commented on his bitterness towards Francis' impersonations of him: "What upset me was that it made people ridicule 'Rewind'. It should make people think about the garage scene, not some guy with a stupid rubber mask. I've got nothing to say to Leigh. He's not picking up awards or anything is he?"

damn it proper got to him

Whether you class that vocal garage sound as RnB though.

Talking about years ahead he was for sure, up till now there hasn't been another vocalist who sounds so natural on garage.

He was like an mc/singer hybrid.

Most of his stuff was rnb tho, he only had a few garage tracks

The 4xsampaul Megamixes >>>>

My DC++ dons will remember

This went top 10 this week, been out for a month too. Moves.

Bubbler, but at the same time bit cringe/past its sell by date. Dunno tbh but could see why it would be supported.

Garage is currently having a little revival, combined with bass scene its quite healthy at the moment, im hearing 2 step tunes on day time radio again ffs.