The Big Questions

absolutely pointless discussion, both sides will most likely be so deeply entrenched in their views, and only want to force their beliefs/thoughts on the other

• Upvote 2

The points brought up are interesting though.

I think the best point so far was the girl in the black top.

Her response to how can their be morality and altruism without the bible was how do Ants know when to sacrifice themselves for the colony or Chimps killing each other only in dispute and not for food.

The points brought up are interesting though.

I think the best point so far was the girl in the black top.

Her response to how can their be morality and altruism without the bible was how do Ants know when to sacrifice themselves for the colony or Chimps killing each other only in dispute and not for food.

I didn't see this but not sure how thats a good arguement...

How is that accounting for objective moral values?!

Because unless Ants and Chimps can read or pray then the bible has nothing to do with us knowing how to behave amongst each other.

They like us are social animals and it is logical to act in a way which is productive to the overall society.

The bible isn't for Ants and Chimps. I wouldn't have even mentioned the bible in this argument though. It's not relevant at this point...

So morality is subjective based on which society you live in?

Because unless Ants and Chimps can read or pray then the bible has nothing to do with us knowing how to behave amongst each other.

They like us are social animals and it is logical to act in a way which is productive to the overall society.

The bible isn't for Ants and Chimps. I wouldn't have even mentioned the bible in this argument though. It's not relevant at this point...

I never said that.

What you are talking about imo is the law and rules.

Every animal has an innate understanding of what species they belong to, whom to procreate with and whom to target as prey for food.

Lions don't have mirrors, so how do they know they are Lions?

Why do they not attack an eat each other?

Why do they go after the Wilderbeast and Zebra's?

I never said that.

What you are talking about imo is the law and rules.

Every animal has an innate understanding of what species they belong to, whom to procreate with and whom to target as prey for food.

Lions don't have mirrors, so how do they know they are Lions?

Why do they not attack an eat each other?

Why do they go after the Wilderbeast and Zebra's?

I'm not talking about Laws and rules. I'm talking about morality...

Is morality subjective or objective?

Guest petercrotch

I f.u.cking hate that feminist bitch. She has been caught out many timies on this show that she has never read any of the holy books. Her constant piss take (harry potter etc etc) makes me sick. I have been to meetings with adam dean, hope he ends her.

Cosign this . sounds like a broken record . She's always banging on about the same thing .

• Upvote 1

Objective.

There are things such as what classes as a minor for sexual relations which depends on geography but even in then everybody would agree that having sex with a 7 year old girl is wrong.

Objective.

There are things such as what classes as a minor for sexual relations which depends on geography but even in then everybody would agree that having sex with a 7 year old girl is wrong.

well...if it's objective then nothing depends on geography but i get what you're saying.

How do you account for objective morality with a naturalistic worldview?

If we are just products of time + chance + matter and theres nothing beyond the natural universe then how can you account for things that are immaterial such as morality.

Cosign this . sounds like a broken record . She's always banging on about the same thing .

The thing is, she has never read ANY religious book. She has been deaded when asked have you read the torah/Bible/Qur'an and instantly she smiles and shuts up & calms down with this "Harry potter" rubbish.

im usually surprised at programmes like this when the people who are Christians cant even talk about biblical history

which has been in sync with past and current events.

rather than debate ants and people, why not dis prove the book of daniel for example and its relevance to world history.

those who say they dont believe always want to bring you to their level of logic, and you're sure to fail or look silly when you do.

Guest petercrotch

Thats the thing with religous people . i grew up in the church but religious people especially muslims do not do themselves any justice . For instance one muslim will say in the koran it says women should wear a burqa, then another would say thats not true . how do you expect others to understand your religion if you can understand it yourself . always arguing amongst themselves