Man arrested over Twitter racism

Don Crack

The 29-year-old is being questioned after police received a flurry of complaints over comments made on the social networking site last night.

The abuse, posted as Newcastle prepared to unveil their new signing, Senegalese striker Papiss Demba Cisse, is alleged to have focused on the number of black players the club has in its squad.

Newcastle United has condemned the comments.

A Northumbria Police spokesman said: ''We have received a report of racist comments made on Twitter.

''Northumbria Police takes all reports of racist abuse very seriously and inquiries are being conducted.

RELATED ARTICLES

''A 29-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident and is currently in custody.''

Louis Saha, the French striker who plays for Everton, Rangers players Maurice Edu and Kyle Bartley and Inverness Gregory Tade have were all reported as being victims of racist tweets this month.

Saha was was told 'go back to France ya f****** n*****' after the account of a fan was allegedly accessed without permission.

Saha, 33, retweeted the message, adding: "Don't attached (sic) urself with the club. U disgrace."

It came to light on the day politicians called for an inquiry into racism in football.

Rangers' Kyle Bartley, who is on loan from Arsenal, and Maurice Edu, were alleged to have been targeted by Michael Convery, 41, from Glasgow, who was charged with making racist remarks on the social networking site and has since been bailed.

Bartley tweeted in response: "Disappointing that in 2012 things like this are still happening.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9022413/Man-arrested-over-Twitter-racism.html

*waits for local to come in crying foul play, ....comparing diane abbot's "white people like playing divide and rule" to "go back to france you f*ck*ng nigger" and saying there's double standards*

as long as they leave youtube alone cos sometimes the racist comments are priceless

i need to invent suttin to make people feel important.. that seems to be the way forward

all these twitter, facebook scandals are hilarious.

REAL people going on there to make REal statements the whole world can see and expect nothing to happen :lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

One white girls i know nearly got arrested for doing what that tram woman done but on a night bus smh. dumb bitch works in a school as a teaching assistant and then shes dropping anti immigrant crap. she doesnt like immigrants and people of different ethnic background. i dont send for her irl because shes ugly and naturally fat and cant lose the weight so it is a win for us.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

One white girls i know nearly got arrested for doing what that tram woman done but on a night bus smh. dumb bitch works in a school as a teaching assistant and then shes dropping anti immigrant crap. she doesnt like immigrants and people of different ethnic background. i dont send for her irl because shes ugly and naturally fat and cant lose the weight so it is a win for us.

How do you know this girl?

He is a Tom and the girl is obviously a chick who is racist but wants a brown baby. Toney you have to remember Justin is the kinda guy who would let slide some pikey girl he is dealing with call him nigger. I know people that know this guy and can confirm this about this salty guy.

• Upvote 2

He is a Tom and the girl is obviously a chick who is racist but wants a brown baby. Toney you have to remember Justin is the kinda guy who would let slide some pikey girl he is dealing with call him nigger. I know people that know this guy and can confirm this about this salty guy.

This applies to bare man.

This guy is diffrent though when his girl dumped him because of his weirdness (her words) man would sit in his car down the road from her house to see if she was linking next man. Her mum had to call the police on him that is why all of a sudden he is pro black girls now.

How do you know this girl?

Friend of my other half.