and another one...

Kodak in trouble

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-16625725

The 133-year-old firm has struggled to keep up with competitors who were quicker to adapt to the digital era.

"Kodak made all its money from selling film, then the digital camera came along and now no-one's buying film. It's not like they didn't see it coming. Kodak hesitated because they didn't want to eviscerate their business,"

The company said it had already arranged a $950m (£615m) credit facility from Citigroup to keep it going.
On Wednesday, Kodak launched a lawsuit against Samsung, alleging that certain Samsung tablet devices infringe Kodak's digital imaging technology. The South Korean firm said the claims were "unsubstantiated".

It comes a week after Kodak launched a similar lawsuit against HTC and Apple over patents related to digital imaging technology.

Looks like they are reaching now aswell.

Nokia will flop in the next 10, or be bought out. Watch.

Consumerism is mad, Kodak make pretty solid technology, but brands that push a 'lifestyle' to creative types these days general win regardless of the tech. Canon/Nikon for your SLR/HD needs is standard, Sony/Canon/Nikon for point and shoot...I dunno, Kodak never really made a big marketing push that I can remember, kinda sucks for them.

Free market though ennit?

f*ck Citigroup. I want to see that company go down before I do.

Good move for them to stem away from cameras and concentrate on printing/developing.

They've always been on point with this, surprised this isn't profitable enough to keep them going

Elementalism, not sure what You mean by "solid" technology, but their competitors are beating them with superior products, not style. Panasonic, Canon and NIkon are making better compact cameras than Kodak.

HP make better printers, but Kodak are still up there in this market.

problem the need for a physical printed picture is diminishing. there was a time You would print a whole album of Your pictures of, say, for example a holiday/birthday celebration, etc. now people just have this album as a folder on their pc/facebook album.