SBTV

kerser

At 24, Jamal Edwards is one of the youngest people on the Queen's New Year's Honours List.
Edwards was still a teenager when he started his YouTube channel, and has gone on to help launch the careers of major stars like Ed Sheeran, Jessie J, Rita Ora and Emili Sande.
He spoke to the BBC about his work, the future and what it feels like to be being given an MBE.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30632684

I like seeing sh*t like this.

I swear down, British blacks have no excuse.

• Downvote 1

At 24, Jamal Edwards is one of the youngest people on the Queen's New Year's Honours List.
Edwards was still a teenager when he started his YouTube channel, and has gone on to help launch the careers of major stars like Ed Sheeran, Jessie J, Rita Ora and Emili Sande.
He spoke to the BBC about his work, the future and what it feels like to be being given an MBE.

:/

Is the white man still keeping you down?

Is the white man still keeping you down?

yeah thats why im in a gang and make hood videos rapping about how gangster i am "fuk the feds"

The honours are on the behalf of "The Empire".

OBE, MBE, CBE etc.

It was originally awarded by the King for affiliation to nobility and military for their part in the Empire.

My own opinion; for what the Empire has done to certain parts of the world, I certainly wouldn't wanna be affiliated or recognised by it.

Benjamin Zephaniah got an OBE abd publicly rejected it, here was his statement;

"Me? I thought, OBE me? Up yours, I thought. I get angry when I hear that word 'empire'; it reminds me of slavery, it reminds of thousands of years of brutality, it reminds me of how my foremothers were raped and my forefathers brutalised...Benjamin Zephaniah OBE – no way Mr Blair, no way Mrs Queen. I am profoundly anti-empire."

Just my two pence...

• Upvote 4

I do believe in recognising individuals and people in this country; there are loads of people doing good work for charity etc., but it shouldn't be by the royals, it shouldn't be on the behalf of the empire and it shouldn't be people who are the mates of MPs/Lords in return for donations.

• Upvote 3

I do believe in recognising individuals and people in this country; there are loads of people doing good work for charity etc., but it shouldn't be by the royals, it shouldn't be on the behalf of the empire and it shouldn't be people who are the mates of MPs/Lords in return for donations.

realist shit i've read in 2015

• Upvote 1

I think Jamal's stopped rising, he did have a record label deal with Sony but nothing has come of it. I don't see how the SBTV brand is going to rise any higher than where it was 3 years ago, guy needed to use that momentum to push out further. Hopefully he can be inspired by this honour and goes further than before.

• Upvote 1