Overrated players that are considered great?

CrillzCity

Look at all those goals he scored inside the 18 yard box and look at Keanes goal ratio even at scoring those simple goals inside the 18 yard box he didn't do consistantly. i seen Nicky Butt score better goals and make better passes than Roy Keane and can back up my claims with footage just like i can show footage of Parker scoring decent goals.

Patrick Vieria was a much more superior player to Keane forget Vieras ability to dribble, passing range, shooting technique, strength just when it comes to strictly timing of tackles and wining the ball Viera was better than Keane.

Keane was a great leader yes but strictly talking about Footballing ability he was average even below average at many things and best asset was tackling but there are many who tackle just as good if not better what makes Keane a better player than Hargreaves? you telling me Keane is a so much superior tackler than Hargreaves???

Jamie Carragher, who the club’s official website refer to as ‘Mr Liverpool’, has named his all time XI, rating Roy Keane ahead of Steven Gerrard.

“Talking of Roy Keane, I’d have him alongside Souey at the heart of midfield,” said Carragher. “The Man United skipper may be a little short of Souness in the passing department but he has so much drive, he can get forward into the box to score vital goals, and he can also put his foot in. And let’s be perfectly honest, the opposition would have trouble imposing their game on Souey and Keano! Obviously Steven Gerrard is a great player and maybe in years to come he can compare to Souness, but I’ve seen videos of Graeme and he was probably more like Roy Keane and Glenn Hoddle rolled into one.”

Neville Southall, Cafu, Paolo Maldini, Franco Baresi, Marcel Desailly, Zinedine Zidane, Graeme Souness, Roy Keane, John Barnes, Marco Van Basten and Kenny Dalglish.

Am I really having this debate?

You not remember the last game where Gerrard and Keane met at Anfield where he SON'D him? Even when Keane was reaching the end he had his number

Can't believe you honestly believe he could not shoot and pass

Where is Porchy when you need him

For some reason i've never remembered Scholes having a good game against Gerrard hmm.

parker better than keane :rofl:

Did i say Parker was better than Keane? i said Parkers shooting technique is better than Keanes and that isn't cos Parker is a top level at that it is more so Keane not being good at all as far as long distance shooting is concerned. IMO Parkers tackling, energy and breaking up play is just as good as Keanes.

you have said all his other attributes are just as good but his shooting is better, surley that makes your opinion of him higher that keane.

Come on seriously

Parkers shotting ability is nowhere near Roy Keanes

Same Parker who has only yielded 24 goals in his career and rarely shoots

Keane managed to score 33 goals in a team where Cole, Ole, Teddy, Ruud, Scholes, Giggs and Beckham were in a que infront of him waiting to bag and 22 before that at Nottingham Forest when he was just young and breaking through

How many shots outside the box have you seen Parker smash in? Especially in big games?

Or half volleys? volleys?

Absolute disrespect IMO

Deserve a clueless tag for ''gloryfied Gattuso''

Beg you watch this

Then come back and tell me he couldn't tackle, shoot or pass

:lmao: :lmao:

Again all goals inside the 18 yard box fairly simple that a decent premiership player should be able to put in the net from those distances/positions. When did i say Keane couldn't tackle i said that was the only thing he was good at and his biggest strength. where is the footage of any good passes in that video?

I seen Dennis Wise score some good goals outside the box make good passes through out his career consistantly that i didn't see from Keane yet no 1 hypes up Wise like they do Keane and when it comes to tackling was Keane that much better than Wise? i'm not convinced. Roy Keane scored a total of 57 goals outta 462 games played in his career.

Looks at their honours

Ok mate

:/

Silly

O RLY

cantana, keane, Rooney

Cantana transformed united are u mad

Same with keane I remember his debut against arsenal in south Africa 2 pens by wright you must be some youth keane was a sick player are you mad. I respect Brian clough and Alex fergusons opnion more than yours

Rooney the game changer average :/

Would of loved to see all 3 in the arsenal

Jersey

If you said silvestre, fortune, etc you would have a point

Come on seriously

Parkers shotting ability is nowhere near Roy Keanes

Same Parker who has only yielded 24 goals in his career and rarely shoots

Keane managed to score 33 goals in a team where Cole, Ole, Teddy, Ruud, Scholes, Giggs and Beckham were in a que infront of him waiting to bag and 22 before that at Nottingham Forest when he was just young and breaking through

How many shots outside the box have you seen Parker smash in? Especially in big games?

Or half volleys? volleys?

Absolute disrespect IMO

Deserve a clueless tag for ''gloryfied Gattuso''

When Scott Parker played for Charlton and Newcastle and to a lesser extent West Ham i seen him score some great goals from long distance outside the box.

Show me all the clips of Keane scoring long range goals? you can't cos his goals were inside the 18 yard box

Are you blind about that video shows no goals outside the box?

And there was one or two glimpses off his passing but obviously not loads and loads because he was no Paul Scholes but to say his passing was not good yet he is a legend for us and his passing was very good for us just mind blowing

Your talking like passing is just 70 yard show reels its deeper then that

Finding people in position, playing little one twos to open space up etc

Barcelona have spoiled you

Looks at their honours

Ok mate

:/

Silly

O RLY

cantana, keane, Rooney

Cantana transformed united are u mad

Same with keane I remember his debut against arsenal in south Africa 2 pens by wright you must be some youth keane was a sick player are you mad. I respect Brian clough and Alex fergusons opnion more than yours

Rooney the game changer average :/

Would of loved to see all 3 in the arsenal

Jersey

If you said silvestre, fortune, etc you would have a point

Rooney is overrated, far too inconsistent to be considered up there with the very best, and when his is out of form he plays like a pub player.

Silvestre and Fortune aren't rated highly in the first place.

And there was one or two glimpses off his passing but obviously not loads and loads because he was no Paul Scholes but to say his passing was not good yet he is a legend for us and his passing was very good for us just mind blowing

Unnh? Barcelona don't make 70 yard passes though

Liam McMahon who was Cobh’s manager at the time recalled Keane's school studies were not exactly up to scratch. He said:

“We got a call that Roy was not doing a great deal at school. My assistant Fergus McDaid was a teacher in Cork so I asked him to have a word with the lad because the Committee were getting concerned. Fraser asked how his studies were going and Roy just said: 'I am going to be a professional footballer'. And that was the end of the conversation as far as he was concerned."

It did not surprise Eddie O’Rourke, and eventually, even McMahon was convinced of the young terrier’s ability.

"He would pass the ball like a golfer taps away a five-foot putt," says O'Rourke. "Turn, pass, turn, pass. It was methodical, and simple, and brilliant for his age. He was box to box, running, scoring, passing, wonderful to watch. Liam played him one day in Dublin and rang me afterwards. 'He's after tearing them apart,' he said. 'I told ya, I said'."

Rooney is world class cos his shooting ability from long distance is exceptional, his first touch is exceptional, his passing range is great, his goal scoring ratio at club and internatinal level is very good and he not only scores consistantly he also makes goals with assists, he can score great goals from 30 yards but also score poacher goals inside the box. He is also very good at scoring Free Kicks and his heading is very good too.

What more can you ask for?

Same with Nani, Scholes, Giggs, Berbatov etc world class players where as Keane was nothing more than a good player. Where as players similar to Keanes role like Gerrard, Viera are world class.

What can Keane do better than NIcky Butt, Dennis Wise, Hargreaves, Mascherano, Parker, Ince etc?

Unnh? Barcelona don't make 70 yard passes though

Never said they did.

I said just because he didn't make 70 yard hollywood passes (which I referred to Scholes and Alonso doing before), does not mean he could not pass.

As a separate point a couple lines after I proceeded to say Barcelona have spoiled you.

Are you dyslexic?

Rooney is world class cos his shooting ability from long distance is exceptional, his first touch is exceptional, his passing range is great, his goal scoring ratio at club and internatinal level is very good and he not only scores consistantly he also makes goals with assists, he can score great goals from 30 yards but also score poacher goals inside the box. He is also very good at scoring Free Kicks and his heading is very good too.

What more can you ask for?

Same with Nani, Scholes, Giggs, Berbatov etc world class players where as Keane was nothing more than a good player. Where as players similar to Keanes role like Gerrard, Viera are world class.

What can Keane do better than NIcky Butt, Dennis Wise, Hargreaves, Mascherano, Parker, Ince etc?

Have I been Tulse'd?

• Upvote 2