What is your England starting team for Euro 2012?

CrillzCity

Davies isn't capable of the same style of play as Cleverly, you could equally argue your point but the way i'd want the teams to play would mean Cleverly is preferred for me.

Cleverly has nice quick passing, quick give and goes, triangles, link up... i'm not saying Davies hasn't got that in his locker, maybe he hasn't had a chance to showcase it around the players he plays with. Even so you have to go by what you've seen thus far.

What, why did you say you would have him in the squad then lol, thats what Davies has been showing since last season, his good at all the things you said Cleverley is good at, plus more creative as well.

You don't know the difference between being in the squad and being a starter ? :/

That;s YOUR opinion, Cleverly has showcased what I stated at the level where the pressure is f*cked, Davies has had a very good season where the expectations aren't on the same levels. From that already I know Cleverly knows how to handle expectation and won't disappear in big games. Two things which you MUST know about a player before you throw him in the England line up in a major tournament.

If Davies has a bad game at the weekend its a minor, if Clevs has one next day he's reading about Wesley S coming in next week.

/

lol JJ

I see you

He played a game against an Arsenal team in a makeshift midfield, and a Spurs team that had all of their best players out and if i remember started with a central midfield of Kranjcar and Livermore, if i remember correctly they still managed to dominate at the start of the game as well.

Parker, Leon Britton, Carrick, Milner, Murphy have all been better than Cleverley this year and Gerrard Wilshere and even Mark Davies are more talented.

----------------------------Hart----------------------------

----Richards-----Smalling--------Terry-----Cole-----

--------------------------Wilshere------------------------

--------A.Johnson------Parker-------Young----------

-----------------Sturridge----------Welbz---------------

and when Rooney returns...

----------------------------Hart----------------------------

----Richards-----Smalling--------Terry-----Cole-----

-------------------Parker------Wilshere-----------------

---------------------------Rooney-------------------------

----------Sturridge------Welbz--------Young----------

Maybe give lamps & carrick a run out in the middle and would pick according to form

Davies isn't capable of the same style of play as Cleverly, you could equally argue your point but the way i'd want the teams to play would mean Cleverly is preferred for me.

Cleverly has nice quick passing, quick give and goes, triangles, link up... i'm not saying Davies hasn't got that in his locker, maybe he hasn't had a chance to showcase it around the players he plays with. Even so you have to go by what you've seen thus far.

What, why did you say you would have him in the squad then lol, thats what Davies has been showing since last season, his good at all the things you said Cleverley is good at, plus more creative as well.

You don't know the difference between being in the squad and being a starter ? :/

That;s YOUR opinion, Cleverly has showcased what I stated at the level where the pressure is f*cked, Davies has had a very good season where the expectations aren't on the same levels. From that already I know Cleverly knows how to handle expectation and won't disappear in big games. Two things which you MUST know about a player before you throw him in the England line up in a major tournament.

If Davies has a bad game at the weekend its a minor, if Clevs has one next day he's reading about Wesley S coming in next week.

/

lol JJ

I see you

He played a game against an Arsenal team in a makeshift midfield, and a Spurs team that had all of their best players out and if i remember started with a central midfield of Kranjcar and Livermore, if i remember correctly they still managed to dominate at the start of the game as well.

Parker, Leon Britton, Carrick, Milner, Murphy have all been better than Cleverley this year and Gerrard Wilshere and even Mark Davies are more talented.

Parker is a defensive midfielder

Carrick would not touch my england squad

Milner offers litte at international level

Murphy has no dynamic about him.

Not sure if you realised I picked a team based on being fluid, Dynamic with possabilites of being interchangable. I don't want guys who' spray balls all across the place. Nor do I want a system which promotes, getting down the by line and whipping the ball in.

Leon Brittan is very unproven, never even touched the stage at international level. Like I said AGAIN you need to be sure about guys not crumbling under pressure. Again your looking at players who can essentially play with no fear or expectation upon them. If I suddenly threw Leon Brittian into the Chelsea team I can only imagine the repeat of what happened to Scott Parker. Not even that I think Parker was given a fair chance but the level at the top clubs are DIFFERENT.

Gerrard and Wilshere are in my team, don't quite see your point there.

Doubt capello will even take lennon even tho hes still been better than all the other england wingers while having a few injuries

---------------------------Hart------------------------------------

---Richards------Smalling-------Terry-----------Cole-------

---------------------------Parker-------------------------------

----------------Gerrard--------Jack (if fit)-----------------

-----Sturridge-------------Welbeck----------------Lennon----

Rooney :sub: One of the front 3 when he comes back

I think Capello will go with this assuming everyone is fit:-

Hart

Johnson-------Cahill------------Terry---------Cole

Parker-------Wilshere

Walcott-----------Gerrard-----------Young

Bent

My team would be:-

Hart

Richards-------Smalling------------Terry---------Cole

Carrick-------Wilshere

Sturridge-----------Cleverley-----------Young

Welbeck

Weren't sure about Terry, but he's gonna play regardless. Tight between Walker and Richards as Richards still gets found out positionally quite alot but he's good in both boxes.

Rooney slots in Welbeck's place and then whichever of Welbeck, Young and Sturridge is doing the worst sits out.

• Upvote 1