Interview with a useless lying c*nt

MF Cunt

Christian Miles: Right now, joining us on the phone is Chief Executive – AND former MLS Deputy Commissioner – Ivan Gazidis. Ivan, thanks for taking the time here … let’s get your thoughts, I mean, what a great comeback from your boys.

IG: Yeah, it was a great, great show of character, I thought, tonight. Two-nil down at half time, and our backs were against the wall but I thought we came out in the second half and really played the way we can play and got the wide players involved and managed to get the opportunities and a little bit of luck as well and it all came together, so fantastic atmosphere in the stadium as well, pushing the boys on.

CM: Ivan, a tough week in the lead up here, three consecutive losses in the Barclay’s Premier League but: The transfer window is closing on Tuesday Night. Any new faces on the way?

IG: Well, We always keep that news very close to our chest that, you know, the last transfer window a lot of things happened on the deadline day. I think what we’re seeing in this window generally is a little bit less activity. It’s difficult to find really top quality in the January window. You’re half way through the season, so clubs are very reluctant to let their best players go at this time of year. And I think you’re seeing, around the league, that to be the case. So, um, we’ll see how the next 48 hours plays out, but in general there hasn’t been a lot of movement.

Warren Barton: And you’re also keeping a lot of things close to your chest. With Arsene Wenger, has he got a budget? Has he got money to spend, or is he going to work under a budget you’ve given him?

IG: [big breath intake] You know, it’s interesting – there seems to be some mystery about this, but we’re about the least mysterious club in the world [Warren laughs], we’re a public company. We publish our accounts. Anybody can have a look at them, they’re publicly available, you can look at them, and you can pretty much work out what our monetary situation is.

All of the money we make is available to us, and to spend, and you know, we don’t pay dividends to our owners. All the money stays in the club, and is reinvested and after – and over – time has done a superb job. We one of only two clubs that has been in Champion’s League consistently in the past decade and a half, and we continue to do well, we continue to aim to stay right at the top of the game. And all of the money the club generates is available for Arsene.

WB: So he obviously doesn’t spend it then!

[Warren and Kyle Martino laugh to each other]

Keith Costigan: Well, Ivan –

IG: [Cuts in] He … he spends it. But he spends it with a view not just to the short term, but also to the long term, so uh, you know, people don’t think about Oxlade-Chamberlain, but we spent a lot of money on Oxlade-Chamberlain. We believe that this is a young player who is an exciting prospect, and there are a lot of clubs in the Premier League that would love to have him, believe me. Laurent Koscielny, who I believe is turning into one of the best defenders in League. Thomas Vermaelen. These are all players that have been signed in the last couple of years and people just tend to forget about that and all of them required significant investment.

Keith Costigan: Well, Ivan, we seem to always, to continuously hear about this business model that Arsenal run on. You talked about some of the signings they made over the few (two?) years. But does this business model stop you competing for the very elite players and spending astronomical amounts on one or two players?

IG: It does mean we can’t afford to compete with oil money, and we can’t afford to compete with from, you know, super-wealthy individuals from Russia. But I think the more important thing that our model is that it’s sustainable. So, if we’ve learned anything from the world’s economic crisis, it has to be that football clubs need to have responsibility – not just for today, but for their own futures. And, you know, our business model means that we can continue to do what we’re doing forever.

Our focus is *always* on young players, we’ve got fantastic development system and still there are young players coming through consistently from our youth ranks and that’ll continue to be the way Arsenal do things. We play football in a certain way, a little bit different to everyone else. We develop our team that’s a little bit different to everybody else. And, yes. We can’t afford to spend 50, 60, 70 million pounds on an individual player. But, we’re proud of the way we do things, and we’re proud of the results that we’re able to produce from that.

Kyle Martino: Now, Ivan. SIX years without a trophy. The fans are anxious, and there’s no doubt Arsene Wenger’s had a legendary career. But does he need to get a trophy

and is it time to say that maybe he doesn’t have a job for life?

[gives really odd, knowing, smug look to the camera. Sorry, for editorializing, but it's really smug - sort of a nudge nudge, wink wink sort of look.]

IG: Well, nobody has a job for life! And of course our objective is always to win trophies, and it is this year as it has been before. We’re in three competitions this year. You know, Manchester City would *love* to be in three competitions. They’re not. [Warren laughs] You know, so, money is not, is not everything in this game. I don’t disagree that it’s important. But we do things based on a value system. We’re about creating star players, not about buying them. We’re about what happens in a team, between players, not individual superstars. And I think that’s an inspiration to people around the world.

People I meet from all around the world, when they think about Arsenal Football Club, think about the style with which we play the game. And our fans have tremendous pride in that. Now of course there’s anxiety when the clubs are spending the kind of money they’re spending. We don’t believe that’s sustainable for the long term. We think that has to come to an end. UEFA agrees with us and is bringing limits on spending in, and we’ll continue to do things the way we do them. And as I say, we’re proud of that. And we’re happy we’ve got one of the greatest managers that the world’s ever seen at the helm of that.

Christian Miles; Hey, Ivan, we want to thank you for joining us. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

IG: Great. Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it

Transcript provided by James and Betty – many thanks guys!

• Downvote 1

It does mean we can’t afford to compete with oil money, and we can’t afford to compete with from, you know, super-wealthy individuals from Russia. But I think the more important thing that our model is that it’s sustainable. So, if we’ve learned anything from the world’s economic crisis, it has to be that football clubs need to have responsibility – not just for today, but for their own futures. And, you know, our business model means that we can continue to do what we’re doing forever.

Our focus is *always* on young players, we’ve got fantastic development system and still there are young players coming through consistently from our youth ranks and that’ll continue to be the way Arsenal do things. We play football in a certain way, a little bit different to everyone else. We develop our team that’s a little bit different to everybody else. And, yes. We can’t afford to spend 50, 60, 70 million pounds on an individual player. But, we’re proud of the way we do things, and we’re proud of the results that we’re able to produce from that.

THIS IS IVAN BASICALLY SAYING, FORGET HAZARD AND ANY OTHER BIG NAME SIGNING, CUS I CANT TIE THEM DOWN, AND COMPETE WITH CHELSEAS, I KNOW THIS...AFTER TRYING TO BRING IN MATA

AND U CAN FORGET ABOUT US OFFERING MAN CITY WAGES, SO PREPARE FOR THE ARABS/BARCA, TO USE OUR SQUAD AS A OPEN BUFFET WHILE DEINS SEED GOT THEM RUNNING DOWN CONTRACTS

• Upvote 2

Warren Barton: And you’re also keeping a lot of things close to your chest. With Arsene Wenger, has he got a budget? Has he got money to spend, or is he going to work under a budget you’ve given him?

IG: [big breath intake] You know, it’s interesting – there seems to be some mystery about this, but we’re about the least mysterious club in the world [Warren laughs], we’re a public company. We publish our accounts. Anybody can have a look at them, they’re publicly available, you can look at them, and you can pretty much work out what our monetary situation is.

All of the money we make is available to us, and to spend, and you know, we don’t pay dividends to our owners. All the money stays in the club, and is reinvested and after – and over – time has done a superb job. We one of only two clubs that has been in Champion’s League consistently in the past decade and a half, and we continue to do well, we continue to aim to stay right at the top of the game. And all of the money the club generates is available for Arsene.

Does this not put it on Wenger as well? f*ck Ivan AND f*ck Wenger.

• 2 weeks later...

Alisher Usmanov Finally in at Arsenal???

If reports are to be believed, it would seem Usmanov may have reached or attained the 30% shareholding necessary to get his nose in the door..

usmanov_1808019c.jpg?w=450&h=280

Side by side, but soon to go head to head??

I’m not 100% sure exactly what attaining that percentage will automatically entitle him to but the one thing will be access to the clubs accounts which could really rattle a few feathers.

He’ll be able to see exactly what has been going on for the last 5/7 years and will get to see where all the money has gone to. He’ll know for sure “IF” there ever was and/or still is millions for player purchases or if the board during that time have just paid off all the debts…

It could also mean that we could find out for definite whether the board has been telling lies or not, as to exactly where the money has gone…! Or of course, we could find out that the entire choice not to spend is, and has been, down to our manager.

I’m again not 100% on what happens next in relation to a take-over, it may not even be in Usmanov’s mind to take that next step.

However, if that should be in his plans, my understanding is that he would have to announce his intentions to the OF-EX market and then he’d have six months to actually make an offer for the remaining shares…! All of course which will be valued at the highest price that he has had to pay for any shares during the previous 12 months…?

Before any of that though, he would have to pass the Premier League Owners’ and Directors’ Test, in order to determine whether Usmanov is deemed to be a ‘Fit and Proper Person’.

Assuming he passes, then he will no doubt be banging loudly on the door to the boardroom for a seat, so far Kroenke has always denied him that privilege….

As I said at the beginning, I am not sure if what I have heard is 100% true but if it is, the next 24/48 hours will no doubt make things a lot clearer…

Oh, and don’t shoot the messenger, not unless you come back and apologise after this news is confirmed

• Upvote 1

i saw this statement online and it slightly derailed my interest in this guy

"

Usmanov is a utd fan that looked at spurs and Liverpool before buying into arsenal. Also, even if you think the current board are tight and put no cash in they never took a dividend. As soon as usmanov bought in he pushed for a dividend meaning he is all about taking money out of the club.

Don't be fooled."

TBH thats nonsense as I dont see why Usmanov couldnt have bought Spurs or Liverpool if he really wanted... He said he doesn't support Man Utd and it's his business partner, I take people at face value. How the f*ck I KNOW if PHW and the rest even support Arsenal?!

Paying dividends is what most boards do as bonuses... I'm sure the board members all take bonuses... Just cos you dont call it sh*t, it dont make it sugar...

We are already being FOOLED now,

And do we really think Stan when he can be bothered to give a f*ck about Arsenal isn't going to fool us also.

Arsenal's humiliating Champions League thumping by AC Milan came in the same week that stakes in the club traded at their highest level ever.

An unknown investor has paid £16,500 each for two shares - a price that would value the Gunners at £1.1billion - plus another handful at over £15,000 despite the crisis now facing beleaguered manager Arsene Wenger following such a comprehensive 4-0 defeat.

Surprisingly, the anonymous buyer is neither majority shareholder Stan Kroenke, who owns 66 per cent, nor Russian predator Alisher Usmanov, who wants to take his 29.95 per cent holding to 30 per cent.

Usmanov has an offer out to buy shares for £14,000, but not £16,500, which is £5,000 more than Kroenke's mandatory offer to stakeholders last April when he took control of the club.

Russian billionaire Usmanov is frozen out at board level. But a 30 per cent holding will make him liable for the Premier League's fit and proper person test, thus hiking up the pressure on Arsenal to grant him director.

TBH thats nonsense as I dont see why Usmanov couldnt have bought Spurs or Liverpool if he really wanted... He said he doesn't support Man Utd and it's his business partner, I take people at face value. How the f*ck I KNOW if PHW and the rest even support Arsenal?!

Paying dividends is what most boards do as bonuses... I'm sure the board members all take bonuses... Just cos you dont call it sh*t, it dont make it sugar...

We are already being FOOLED now,

And do we really think Stan when he can be bothered to give a f*ck about Arsenal isn't going to fool us also.

Didnt he say in the last agm that were gonna see much more of him :/

they are ALL about the profit f*ck them all.