Interview with a useless lying c*nt

MF Cunt

Hmm but I swear there were property sales and sh*t, thats not going to be the case every season is it. Our wages and operating costs are high, games are going to general sale, and we were winning back in the day. TV money is still good but I dunno. Im not clued up on this side so im just speculating, would be silly seeing is it seems the club are waiting for FFP to kick in as they believe it would benefit us.

Property is seperate, it counts to the total groups figures but not the footballing businesses operating profit, or the trading on players.

We made 26m from the Champions League last season, going out in the same round that we are likely to go out again in this season.

But like I said the inevitable van Persie's sale would cover that.

You would then lose the additional matchday & TV revenue. For arguments sake we'll call that another 15m. Again a sale would cover that, but it wouldnt be essential at all.

and so the fight within starts again, deja vu anyone...

Arsene Wenger will refuse to be held to ransom over Robin van Persie.

Arsenal are determined to keep their prize asset this summer even if the Dutchman does not sign a new contract.

Gunners boss Wenger ended up selling Samir Nasri to Manchester City for £22m last summer because he only had one year left on his deal and Wenger feared he could end up leaving on a free transfer.

But Arsenal are prepared to take the risk of Van Persie running his current contract into next season before it expires in 2013.

The Arsenal board know selling their captain, talisman and star striker would cause fury among the fans.

Van Persie would be 30 in 2013, is four years older than Nasri and so it will be a different dilemma for Arsenal this summer making it increasingly likely they will take a gamble on his contract situation.

Arsenal will also offer Van Persie a new improved deal in the next few weeks but the basic contract is unlikely to top £100,000-a-week.

However, they persuaded Thomas Vermaelen to re-sign with a big signing-on fee and the pair remain close – that will give Arsenal a lot of hope and encouragement.

But Barcelona, one of the major clubs watching developments, have already made it clear they will not pay "mad" fees for players this summer even if they go for Van Persie or Gareth Bale.

Barca vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu said: "Those players are very good, but we always need common sense in any negotiations.

"We will not enter the madness market but it is impossible for Barcelona to pay 40 or 50 million Euros for any player.

"This is a decision of the club. We can't fight against every club. But we have an advantage in that players want to come and play for Barcelona."

Arsenal will also offer a new deal to Theo Walcott, 22, in the next few weeks and remain hopeful he will commit himself. Czech midfielder Tomas Rosicky, 31, is likely to be offered a new one-year extension.

Fed-up Arsenal fans have told Arsene Wenger: show us the money.

The Arsenal Supporters’ Trust are demanding to know why Wenger did not dip into a £50m transfer kitty as they are facing a seventh season without a trophy.

The 3,000 strong AST group held a “passionate and concerned” meeting tonight and will put forward their findings to the club in another meeting at the Emirates on Wednesday.

Arsenal’s majority shareholder Stan Kroenke is also due to fly in this week for a board meeting on Thursday while under-pressure Wenger faces a crunch game against bitter rivals Spurs on Sunday.

It leaves Arsenal facing difficult times and unhappy fans with the AST pushing the club on finance, the direction and even Wenger’s own future.

But the AST insisted on not holding a vote on whether Wenger should remain as manager and the group’s spokesman Tim Payton said they would always support the club through the season.

They also raised three key issues about whether the board held back transfer funds from Wenger, why the club’s wage bill is so inefficient and called for a share issue.

But it is the lack of investment on star players which has infuriated Arsenal fans who waved goodbye to Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri in the same summer they also saw season ticket prices rise by 6.5 per cent.

Tim Payton, of the Arsenal Supporters’ Trust, said: “It was lively, passionate and concerned. Arsenal fans are not happy and they showed a lot of spirit.

“We will ask at the end of the season if Arsene Wenger is the right man for the job but during the season we will always back the manager and support the team. That is our philosophy and that will never change.

“But questions need to be asked. We had a summer profit of £50m on player trading, lots of money in the bank and figure out whether there was money to invest and where we might be going.

“Last year, there was a collapse on the four trophies then straight after there was a 6.5 per cent rise on top of the most expensive tickets in world football.

“A worry for next year for the fans is that next year they will be paying for Thursday night football rather than the Champions League they’ve been used to.

“We spend so much on wages. This year we’re going to spend 40 per cent more than Spurs, it’s £130m wage bill. Are we overpaying a lot of players that we then can’t move on.

“Our business model has fallen behind. Our sponsorship is not up for renewal until 2014. We can’t compete for the very best players.”

The AST also believe ticket prices should be frozen as Arsenal face a battle to get into the Champions League next season.

“We’re going to feed into the club later in the week on ticket prices - Arsenal supporters not very happy when they went up 6.5 per cent - and we’re going to look at the club’s financial position,” said Payton.

“I think they will probably keep prices flat depending on what competition we are playing in next year, hopefully it will be the Champions League.”

But Payton also says Wenger deserves respect - but the fans also want to be sure the club is moving forward.

Payton added: “What we have to do is try to have the debate in a civilised way and respect everything he’s done for the club in the past.

“He’s been our greatest ever manager, made a terrific contribution to the club but clearly things are not going well.

“It’s the whole football set-up. Who on the board does the David Dein role? Who keeps Arsene Wenger fresh? Is he fresh and making the right decisions.

“It’s a very legitimate question that the Arsenal Supporters’ Trust asking: is Arsenal’s football set-up and Arsene Wenger still right for taking the club forward?

“It could be that going somewhere else would re-energise him [Wenger]. It could be that time for a change works both ways. He was a fantastic manager and is a fantastic manager.

“Arsene Wenger, Pat Rice, Boro Primorac have all been there since 1996 and surely that needs some freshening up.”

article-1329761081605-11BC187E000005DC-154588_636x300.jpg

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has relegated flop forwards Marouane Chamakh, Park Chu-Young and Andrey Arshavin to the clubs reserve ranks this week, after telling the out-of-favour trio they must work harder if they want to feature in Sunday's crunch North London derby with Tottenham.

The crisis meeting after Milan game and now this. Did my mans balls finally drop or something.

This is what I want to see. No mercy. Prove your worth.

ur club is acting bummy when you are rich kmt

We arent rich until 2014 and if those renewals are vastly improved (The Nike one gonna be interesting as I cant see Arsenal moving from Nike but I can't see Nike vastly improving the deal - first real under the spotlight test for Tom Fox). Because of the gap in commercial revenue, transfers have to be accounted as total cost of deals (fee & wages) so its usually a case of big fee/small wages (AOC - 15m/20k 5 yrs) or big wages/small fee (Mertesacker 9m/80k 3 yrs)

ur club is acting bummy when you are rich kmt

We arent rich until 2014 and if those renewals are vastly improved. Because of the gap in commercial revenue, transfers have to be accounted as total cost of deals (fee & wages)

bruv i been emirates like 3 times this season ur stadium is state of the art and sh*t you should be able to purchase players for more than bloody 20million and should be offering ur ACTIVE stars like RVP 100k+ when guys like Carragher who declined getting deals on the table for 90k out of respect

wenger or ur board is acting like jews tbh and until that is solved you will not mount to sh*t

i understand the fee and wages thing but surely ur shareholders can invest enough to run a wage bill like the rest of the top 4. Spurs are gone jump on this wave after they grab the CL spot what then? you gone wait till 2014 it mite be a wrap if they keep modric and bale while adding Hazard

thats wat i think anyways

but surely ur shareholders can invest enough to run a wage bill like the rest of the top 4.

and this is why I hate the board and their self-righteousness.

Why many can't believe they will sting the fans with ST and matchday rises and let the playing staff rot for years...

All while they have a billionaire owner (worth 3.2b) investing f*ck all and not giving a f*ck.

Another billionaire major shareholder (worth 17.7b) BUT not even allowed on the board...

and all the board members/shareholders that pushed the self-sustaining model have all cashed in their shares and are chilling with their p watching the rot say ahh its not that bad if we dont finish 4th...

"At Arsenal I was playing a little bit higher with three strikers and three midfielders. Here we play 4-4-2 so you have to work more defensively.

"But that doesn't matter. I have understood that and I want to show everyone that it wasn't a mistake."

Nasri's move angered Arsenal fans but he feels he made the best move for his career as City chase the Barclays Premier League title while the Gunners labour in pursuit of a top-four place.

He insists, however, he takes no delight in Arsenal's present situation.

Manager Arsene Wenger is coming under increasing pressure at the Emirates Stadium after a 4-0 thrashing by AC Milan in the Champions League last week and an FA Cup loss to Sunderland.

Nasri said: "I don't want Arsenal to fall down. I wanted for them to win the FA Cup or something because I have a lot of respect for the players there and the manager.

"But I know, since I started, I made the right choice. We are top of the league, we are still in the Europa League.

"What Arsenal does doesn't matter. It is my choice."

Nasri expects Arsenal to recover from their problems but has suggested sometimes they might need to adjust their playing style to gain all-important results.

He said: "Sometimes it is good to win ugly. You don't always have to play good football to win.

"Arsenal is the proof of it. They play good football but, at the end, in seven years they didn't win (any trophies).

"It is difficult for them but the manager has a good philosophy and I know he will find a solution soon."

Nasri has previously voiced his hurt at claims his move was motivated by money and he says his early-season form was not hindered by the fee City paid for him.

He said: "I never asked Manchester City to pay £24million.

"It was a lot of money but every transfer now has a lot of money.

"What you want to do is give something to the team and the people who brought you here and have trusted you since the start of the season. The money is not my problem."

I seen some people tweeting that he is quote as saying "Arsenal players just don't remember how to do basically nothing for two years and then have a brief purple patch." but I haven't seen that yet...

Arsenal chief tells Robin van Persie: You are going nowhere

Gunners chief executive Ivan Gazidis intervenes in Dutchman’s contract stalemate to leave the club's prize asset feeling ‘powerless’ and ‘anxious’

Arsenal have told Robin van Persie that he will not be allowed to leave the club "at any price" this summer even if refuses to sign a new contract, Goal.com can reveal.

Chief executive Ivan Gazidis has personally intervened in negotiations over a new deal between the Dutchman and the club, insisting the Gunners captain will remain at the Emirates until at least the summer of 2013, when he would be able to leave for free under the Bosman ruling.

Goal.com understands that Van Persie has been left feeling “powerless” and “anxious” about his future as it could kill the possibility of a move to a European giant like Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Arsenal sources say that Gazidis has calculated that the club are in a far stronger bargaining position with Van Persie than they were with Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri last summer because of the Dutchman’s age. He turns 29 in August and will be a month short of his 30th birthday when his contract ends, which is an age that will put off Europe’s superpowers from offering him a long-term mega deal.

Real, Barcelona and Manchester City have all been closely monitoring the Dutchman’s situation in recent months and have hinted of their interest in a possible summer swoop.

Van Persie has told Arsenal that he will resist the club’s attempts to hold contract talks before the end of the season and will wait until the summer before making any decision on his future.

However, the club’s chief executive has decided to act now in order to demonstrate the strength of Arsenal's position and make the club's stance clear.

“The communication has come directly from Ivan Gazidis,” an Arsenal source told Goal.com. “He flatly refuses to sell him at any price. He has told Van Persie, ‘you are going nowhere and can see out your contract’.

“Arsenal are not stupid. If he sees out his contract he will be 30. Real Madrid and Barcelona are not going to recruit him at 30.

“Van Persie feels powerless and anxious. There is no way any club will pay £40m for him this summer, because of his age. This makes him a £20m player and Arsenal don’t need to sell him for that.”

Arsenal are believed to be determined to stick to their stance even if they finish outside of the Champions League place this season.

THEO WALCOTT has emerged as a shock target for Chelsea.

And the Arsenal and England winger could even be in line for a shock swap with Stamford Bridge striker Daniel Sturridge.

Walcott is rated at £10million as he only has a year left of his deal, while Sturridge's runs until 2014.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is desperate for a new striker and has been tracking Sturridge, who is angry at not being offered a new contract.

Walcott, 22, has struggled this season but Wenger is set to offer him a new deal this summer.

Wenger is under pressure to change his wage structure and offer more players mega-money contracts of £100,000 a week — but Chelsea are already paying those sums.

f*ck it I'll post it here

For 102 years Rangers Football Club in Scotland have owned a stake in Arsenal. A close alliance between the two clubs was forged at start the of the last century when Arsenal were, apparently, in financial difficulties.

Two shares were purchased in 1910 and some years later Arsenal gifted another 14 shares to the Scottish giants. Now though, and somewhat ironically, Rangers own financial problems have forced their hand, and the shares have been sold.

The Daily Record reports that the club’s owner, Craig Whyte, sold the 16 shares to Red and White Holdings Ltd, fronted by Alisher Usmanov and Farhad Moshiri for £230,000 (£14,375 per share).

They continue, “Whyte then blocked a move for the cash to be paid into the Rangers bank account, demanding instead it stayed lodged in one of his own companies, Pritchard Stockbrokers in Bournemouth.

“Pritchard’s assets have now been frozen on the orders of the Financial Services Authority. The FSA moved in on Friday after ruling that Pritchard, who listed Whyte as board ­secretary, had used client money to cover its own costs.”

Rangers were placed into administration last week after years of financial mismanagment, and the opportunistic Usmanov has swooped to continue his efforts to reach a 30% holding in the club.

For those who are not wise to, or confused by, what effect this might have, this piece blog post by Angry of Islington sets out the implications in clear and precise form and is essential reading for any Arsenal fan.

It does seem a shame that Craig Whyte seems to have overlooked Rangers association with Arsenal when deciding how to dispose of the shares, but then considering the way he’s run things I don’t know that we’d have been dealing with the most above board businessman of all time.

CURRENT ARSENAL SHAREHOLDING

STAN KROENKE 41,579 66.82%

RED and WHITE SECURITIES LTD* 18,437 29.63%

f*ck it I'll post it here

For 102 years Rangers Football Club in Scotland have owned a stake in Arsenal. A close alliance between the two clubs was forged at start the of the last century when Arsenal were, apparently, in financial difficulties.

Two shares were purchased in 1910 and some years later Arsenal gifted another 14 shares to the Scottish giants. Now though, and somewhat ironically, Rangers own financial problems have forced their hand, and the shares have been sold.

The Daily Record reports that the club’s owner, Craig Whyte, sold the 16 shares to Red and White Holdings Ltd, fronted by Alisher Usmanov and Farhad Moshiri for £230,000 (£14,375 per share).

They continue, “Whyte then blocked a move for the cash to be paid into the Rangers bank account, demanding instead it stayed lodged in one of his own companies, Pritchard Stockbrokers in Bournemouth.

“Pritchard’s assets have now been frozen on the orders of the Financial Services Authority. The FSA moved in on Friday after ruling that Pritchard, who listed Whyte as board ­secretary, had used client money to cover its own costs.”

Rangers were placed into administration last week after years of financial mismanagment, and the opportunistic Usmanov has swooped to continue his efforts to reach a 30% holding in the club.

For those who are not wise to, or confused by, what effect this might have, this piece blog post by Angry of Islington sets out the implications in clear and precise form and is essential reading for any Arsenal fan.

It does seem a shame that Craig Whyte seems to have overlooked Rangers association with Arsenal when deciding how to dispose of the shares, but then considering the way he’s run things I don’t know that we’d have been dealing with the most above board businessman of all time.

CURRENT ARSENAL SHAREHOLDING

STAN KROENKE 41,579 66.82%

RED and WHITE SECURITIES LTD* 18,437 29.63%

LOL Well played Usmanov