Getting humbled

Can you think of a time when you got seriously humbled?

I dunno why but last night I was thinking about one 5 a side tournament I was playing in back in the day.

We brushed the 1st team then we saw the 2nd team we had to play.

Indian team.

Thought this was gonna be a SIMPLE ting.

Lost 4-0

When war was brewing & I was a little boy. The elders were hyping, making uplifting speeches, talking about they'll defend our village, nothing is going to happen we're too strong, we are warriors etc. The whole village believed it including myself and we were ready to defend to the death.

A few days later soldiers rolled up in my village, tanks, jeeps, AK47's out, Machetes at the ready. All we could do was just jam, hope & pray.

them real war stories there

• Upvote 1

remember in primary got into a fight with one turk, was winning then his marli bredren joined while my pussyo boys stood by shook

got gassed and f*cked them both up (rock bottomed one of them), i was so happy leaving them bleeding and crying

then i got home, my dad in his tank top fresh from gym said 'cem on fight me u stupid boy' with a belt in his hand and ma in the background saying good

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

When war was brewing & I was a little boy. The elders were hyping, making uplifting speeches, talking about they'll defend our village, nothing is going to happen we're too strong, we are warriors etc. The whole village believed it including myself and we were ready to defend to the death.

A few days later soldiers rolled up in my village, tanks, jeeps, AK47's out, Machetes at the ready. All we could do was just jam, hope & pray.

:blink: f*ck. Northern UG? You acholi?

personally i think youve pulled this "i was a war child" line way too much. but thats just me. write a book

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

remember in primary got into a fight with one turk, was winning then his marli bredren joined while my pussyo boys stood by shook

got gassed and f*cked them both up (rock bottomed one of them), i was so happy leaving them bleeding and crying

then i got home, my dad in his tank top fresh from gym said 'cem on fight me u stupid boy' with a belt in his hand and ma in the background saying good

Cool story bro

Where can I read the rest?

• Downvote 2

Guest chap44uns

if u keep chuttin smoack and makin di speechez

• Downvote 3

:blink: f*ck. Northern UG? You acholi?

Yeah.

personally i think youve pulled this "i was a war child" line way too much. but thats just me. write a book

Pay me no mind & keep it moving then. A book has been written but not finished & a film will follow.

I'm thinking of adding a character that comes out, tries pulling men, admitts to dealing with men & gets dealt with by soldiers accordingly but that's just me.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

LOL. Guys were thinking something simple in sports, and a real life war story was pulled.

Thread itself is humbling. :rofl:

lol I just started a thread G, it is there for anyone to contribute and share, that's the great thing about a forum.

I didn't make the topic about sports or I woulda called it "Getting humbled at sports".

• Upvote 1

<p><p>

%25253Cbr />Pay me no mind & keep it moving then. A book has been written but not finished & a film will follow.

I'm thinking of adding a character that comes out, tries pulling men, admitts to dealing with men & gets dealt with by soldiers accordingly but that's just me.

good, will cop when its out. although the character that u may add who pulls men wouldnt be so out of character for the environment ur writing about though. Nothing fictional about what you lot got up at all.

In northern Uganda, rebels of the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) have been battling the Museveni regime for over 20 years. But it has only recently been revealed that men, were periodically victims of rape. In Payam village in Gulu district, northern Uganda, Fred Owinyi is lying on his mat emitting a sense of hopelessness.
dem fronting soldiers there. chatting sh*t about it was to humiliate them.. but they felt no way sticking their tings in a man.. these are the same cunts in this country and around africa spreading Aids and the rest of their duttiness they got from their f*ck*ng of men giving it to their women.  so pls do write about it....dont just talk about the good stuff! http://allafrica.com/stories/201108160018.html