Tech House is the new Funky

Trilliam

i wouldnt say that but it defo is popular nowadays, its kinda interesting as i started out listening to soulful house and as the years have progressed ive got deeper and deeper with the house sounds i'm liking. Its interesting to watch what motion music scenes move in cause when i went germany last year they were playing certain tech house tunes (which are already old) and only now are they becoming popular over here.

On topic i wouldnt say its the new funky it might be to 'urban' crowds (forgive me for using that word) its all about the context and enviroment the music is played in.

ps. i dont even know if any of that made sense lol

I've nevr rli known what tech house is I think becos I don't like it but some techno is good.

In regards to leading London sound I think it's more deep house with a funky (house not uk funky) edge to it

See Jamie jones, Danny daze, Julio bashmore, maceo plex, round house table knights, totally enormous extinct dinosaurs.

Stuff like eats everything is good as well.

That's my take on it

No.

Tech house has been around years and years, tech house is not an 'urban' uk scene

• Upvote 1

No.

Tech house has been around years and years, tech house is not an 'urban' uk scene

This

Theres alot of folk getting into it as of late, me included, but its definitely not a "genre or the year" thing.

I researched alot of this its been going for a very long time

i know this. im looking at it from a strictly london point of view not global.

it might be to 'urban' crowds (forgive me for using that word) its all about the context and enviroment the music is played in.

this is more what i'm getting at, like for instance mark radford is doing the new rinse cd.

what im thinking is what is gonna be the next sound coming from these sides, dubstep buss commercial and the sh*t they call "uk bass" can be gd and can also be god awful and boring.

with tech house or even house in general being introduced to a new demographic do u think more ppl will start making it, how big is it gonna get when is the bandwagon gonna tip etc..

i know this. im looking at it from a strictly london point of view not global.

it might be to 'urban' crowds (forgive me for using that word) its all about the context and enviroment the music is played in.

this is more what i'm getting at, like for instance mark radford is doing the new rinse cd.

what im thinking is what is gonna be the next sound coming from these sides, dubstep buss commercial and the sh*t they call "uk bass" can be gd and can also be god awful and boring.

with tech house or even house in general being introduced to a new demographic do u think more ppl will start making it, how big is it gonna get when is the bandwagon gonna tip etc..

Oh yeah definitely hundred percent

Soon the goonish niggas will be skanking to Jamie Jones and Lee Foss, then the will forget about it by end of 2012 and start liking some next phase...I reckon some variation on Trance is next

UK Trance, Urban Trance

Which fag negged me. I wasn't havin a go at tech house I just personally wouldn't go to a night solely based round it. And I'm still not a 100% on what it is. But the guys I named are definitely not tech house at least their HITS what they're known for aren't, their b-sides might be but I care not.

It's long to pigeon hole I agree but it does help to describe the sound which is popular atm which IMO is mainly deep with ukg and old rave influences which is why eats everything is getting so much love. But whoever disagrees plz show me what tech is cos I've always thought it was that repetitive stuff with hardly any/no melody

• Upvote 1

Which fag negged me. I wasn't havin a go at tech house I just personally wouldn't go to a night solely based round it. And I'm still not a 100% on what it is. But the guys I named are definitely not tech house at least their HITS what they're known for aren't, their b-sides might be but I care not.

It's long to pigeon hole I agree but it does help to describe the sound which is popular atm which IMO is mainly deep with ukg and old rave influences which is why eats everything is getting so much love. But whoever disagrees plz show me what tech is cos I've always thought it was that repetitive stuff with hardly any/no melody

I think Minimal Tech and Tech House aren't really described by their names.

Personally I would agree with all the DJs/Beatmakers you named

If someone asked me to show them Tech House, I would go straight to these guys

everything in life has it's moment to bask in the light of 'trend' and tech house, house, deep house or whatever you wanna call it is having one of it's moments now

it's funny for me though because i've been listening to this sort of stuff for years and in the beginning i found it hard if not near on impossible to convince some of my old school friends to come along to the parties

a few years down the line and the very same people that used to call me a 'white boy' for listening to this sort of stuff are posting up Art Department and Steffi tunes on Facebook, lol

would be interesting to see some of those guys create their own little sub-genre off this sort of music, maybe adding in influences from grime and funky house into some of the tunes, would lend to some interesting results imo